Need an IWB holster for full sized 1911

PDA

CZ223
February 15, 2009, 08:06 AM
That pretty much says it all except that I want one with with plenty of forward cant. Not a big fan of Kydex and I hate the look of the Crossbreed. I guess I would have to say leather only. Maybe the title doesn't say it all. Let me know what works for you guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need an IWB holster for full sized 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
prescobd
February 17, 2009, 12:29 PM
My favorite for a fullsize 1911 is the Galco NSA.

mcwjr13
February 17, 2009, 02:28 PM
The Galco Summer Comfort works pretty well for me.

geronimo509
February 18, 2009, 08:13 PM
i like highnoon bare asset. i carry my full size all day in the holster and its very comfortable

sun city hunter
February 21, 2009, 05:23 PM
I purchased a Galco NSA II for a Commander and am quite happy with it. I would lilke to try their Royal Guard, but they closed their on-site customer store several years ago. It was nice to be able to try various styles before making the decision. I've never had a problem with any of their holsters.

Semper Fi,
Sun City Hunter -

Mikerbike
February 21, 2009, 06:15 PM
I agree with Geronimo. The High Noon Bare Asset has everything I need and nothing that I don't need. It's very thin and conceals really well. The 15 degree cant is perfect and it all stays close to the body. It's inexpensive, too. The clip works better than any I've tried.

David E
February 21, 2009, 07:20 PM
A GOOD kydex IWB rig is very comfortable.

Otherwise, if you insist on leather, Milt Sparks.

orionhawk
February 24, 2009, 01:56 PM
could try CrossBreed. I have carried a Glock 35 longslide comfortably in a CrossBreed, so I have to imagine it will work for a 1911. and they have a money-back guarantee that they are quite serious about.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

edit: oops, didn't notice you don't like CrossBreed. not sure why, though - it's about comfortable, concealed secure carry. nobody should be seeing your holster.

SeanMTX
February 24, 2009, 02:33 PM
I'm actually in the same boat as the OP...as soon as the guy picks up my G27, I'll have a DW CBOB and will need a good IWB to carry it.

I've used the Crossbreed Supertuck for my G27 and you'd be hard pressed to find anything as comfortable and concealable. It's similar to the Comp Tacs, which I honestly have no experience with.

I can say that the folks at Crossbreed are a pleasure to deal with and for a custom holster, they ship em out quick. However good a Milt Sparks might be, I ain't waiting 6 months for a stinking holster. Especially since I just got a snippy email from them this morning when I inquired about the VMII and Summer Special II.

At this point, I'm at a crossroads between another Crossbreed and the Galco NSA II. Never even tried on the Galco, but it sure looks comfy!

Lucky Strike
February 25, 2009, 12:10 AM
I know you said no crossbreed but that's all i use for IWB and like just about everyone else that uses one I find it to be extremely comfortable and their customer service top notch.

I never considered the looks when reseaching which IWB holster to get since the thing is inside my pants. But like just about everything else in life it's all about personal preference...hope you find something that works for you.

Dorkfish
February 25, 2009, 02:05 AM
I have to promote the Crossbreed product. I've been impressed from point go on them...not to mention the service I've received from them. I have requested that they offer a modular (so to speak) product that allows the user to cant the hard part of the holster forward or rearward from the original mounting position...it's something they've considered, but it's not a definate yet.

That said, if you're going all leather then it's been covered: Galco
You could always see if Gould and Goodrich has anything.

If you don't want IWB and can use an on the belt, I'd go Yaqui Slide.

orionhawk
February 25, 2009, 02:08 AM
ummm... Dorkfish, Crossbreed's website lists both the Super-Tuck and the Quick-Clip as adjustable-cant.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need an IWB holster for full sized 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!