Noveske & Optics

PDA

Eustachius234
February 15, 2009, 10:24 PM
Does anyone know when Noveske is going to be taking orders again? I've searched the entire internet & only found one for sale, but from someone without any ratings, so I passed.

If I ever managed to get one, what would be the best optics to use in conjunction with the standard Noveske flip-up BUIS? I should think that the primary purpose of the weapon would be work under 50yrds, and maybe out to 200-250yrds at most.

By the way, I'm new to The High Road, and would just like to say "Howdy & Thanks".

Jon

If you enjoyed reading about "Noveske & Optics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HorseSoldier
February 15, 2009, 11:28 PM
Shooting them an email might be the best way to get an answer, though maybe someone will be along who is in the know.

As for optics -- for primarily < 50 meters, you're best served by an AimPoint or EOTech, in my opinion. There are arguments for and against both designs.

If you want a more balanced 0-300 rifle, I'd recommend something with magnification like one of the ACOG models or possibly a low power variable like the Leupold CQ/T, the Schmidt and Bender Short Dot, the Millett DMS-1 or the Horus Talon (pretty much something for all budgets in that list). An AimPoint or EOTech with the add on magnifier is another option that some people like for this kind of set up.

taliv
February 15, 2009, 11:40 PM
howdy

the noveskes t'wern't xactly in stock before the election. your best chance of scoring one now would be to drop a few "WTB noveske will pay $100000!"

but good luck!

Eustachius234
February 16, 2009, 01:03 AM
Thanks. I tired shooting them an e-mail but never got a response. I guess I'll try calling next time.

Would the Aimpoint work well with flip-up BUIS on the Noveske N4 Light Recce Basic 16"?

I'm kinda confused about how the BUIS would work with something like an ACOG, wouldn't the magnification mess it all up?

quicherbichen
February 16, 2009, 03:48 AM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122838245

Eustachius234
February 16, 2009, 03:51 AM
I saw that one, but it is 14.5", and more than I want to pay.

Thanks,

Jon

Eustachius234
February 16, 2009, 04:48 AM
Does anybody know whether LMT is still taking orders?

The Defender SOPMOD looks like a good rifle. How would an Aimpoint work with their fixed rear sight in the BUIS role?

bratch
February 16, 2009, 12:44 PM
You could always leave you BUIS down and flip them up if the primary go TU.

waterhouse
February 16, 2009, 01:07 PM
I got an email response from Noveske last month, basically saying they weren't sure when they would be caught up and that they would post anything available on the website.

How would an Aimpoint work with their fixed rear sight in the BUIS role?

I imagine it works fine. I don't have one of their rear sights, but I leave my collapsible rear sight in the up position now with my Aimpoint T1 in a Larue mount, and don't even notice the rear sight.

If you enjoyed reading about "Noveske & Optics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!