Kudos for Horseshoe leather

PDA

Tom Fury
February 16, 2009, 11:57 AM
Working in the UK there is not much to pursue related to the gun hobby.
I am always in pursuit of leather for one of my favorite guns, and old-style 5" S&W 4506with a square triggerguard. Not many around anymore; simpler to just have one made, if you can find someone who will. I did.
Andy Arratoonians's Horseshoe leather has had good reviews from many over the years. I managed to buy one of his magpouches on ebay last year, and liked the work. I noticed he's not that far from me here, and while I'm getting paid in pounds, it makes his stuff somewhat less expensive.
I ordered a 22H Covert with sweat flap; more sort of a Roadrunner high rise than an Avenger style. I received it Saturday, after a couple month's wait (since I'm here, and my guns are there, it's not such a big deal).
Just wanted to say I am very pleased with the workmanship and construction. I can tell the fit will be superb, and mine is in the pleasing Saddle tan finish. I have ordered another for my 4513, and really expect something nice in the post. Great communication with Andy as well.
Cheers, TF

If you enjoyed reading about "Kudos for Horseshoe leather" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lone Star
March 3, 2009, 10:21 PM
How are you able to own these pistols in the UK? I though that virtually all civilian ownership of modern handguns ended there in 1997?

Do you maybe store them in Belgium, or some other more gun-friendly country? I've read that some UK shooters do that.

Lone Star

The Lone Haranguer
March 6, 2009, 02:19 PM
http://www.pcmtl.com/public/misc/TTIWWOP.gif

If you enjoyed reading about "Kudos for Horseshoe leather" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!