st louis area

PDA

outdoorman63
October 2, 2003, 07:58 PM
anyone know of any decent pistol and rifle clubs in the st louis mo area...rates locations club info anything would be much appreciated

If you enjoyed reading about "st louis area" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bill Hook
October 2, 2003, 08:00 PM
I shot at a range on Manchester Rd. a few years back when visiting, but it hardly qualified as decent, since the neighborhood sucked so bad I thought I'd need to shoot my way to and from my car, presuming it was still there.

Groupguy
October 2, 2003, 08:05 PM
Outdoorman63,

Check your Private Messages.

WheelMan
October 2, 2003, 09:15 PM
Bill

Hey I think I've been there, I had the same feeling you did.

Pumpkinheaver
October 3, 2003, 12:27 AM
How far do you want to drive? I belong to a decent club that has all sorts of different matches on weekends, has a 50yd pistol and 300 yd rifle range but it is a little over an hour south of StLouis.

We have pin shoots, rifle and pistol.
High power rifle
bullseye
PPC
and others I can't think of right now

Nando Aqui
October 3, 2003, 08:14 AM
Outdoor Man

I shoot almost every week at the Jay Henges range, I44 and Antire Road. Once you get off 44, it is "just around the corner". Excellent for pistol, rifle and trap.
http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/areas/ranges/henges/

A similar one is the Busch Memorial, in St. Charles. About the same as the Henges, plus they have skeet. I used to shoot there until I found that the Henges was a bit closer for me.
http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/areas/ranges/busch/

Both charge $3/hr per booth (not per person) and they provide targets and ear and eye protection if you want them.

Enjoy!
Alex

bogie
October 3, 2003, 11:57 AM
The St. Louis Benchrest Rifle Club is now in Wright City. About an hour from town. 600 yards, with pits, a very nice clubhouse, etc.

$150/year.

outdoorman63
October 3, 2003, 02:50 PM
thanks for the ideas..will do some investigating...after my ccw class and lisc payment of course...

If you enjoyed reading about "st louis area" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!