Poor Boy AR

PDA

doglb
February 16, 2009, 11:27 PM
Okay HighRoad here's the story....
I use to own a few nice AR's, accessories and ammo-well finances got tough.
Those were my sure bet on a sale so they are all gone! :(

I'm back at square one.
I dont have a ton of $$$$$$$$$$

A local shop has a DPMS Sportical-everyone knows what they are.
My question is are they worth it? For $659??

I know its nothing to brag about, but for a plinker, range gun and maybe some HD what do you all think?

My only worry is that I'm a South Paw, and it has no deflector, but from the reviews I've been reading the ejection is not a problem.

This will give me some spare $$$$$$$$$$ for mags/ammo. I have a red dot somewhere in the safe that will do the job.

If you enjoyed reading about "Poor Boy AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jpwilly
February 16, 2009, 11:40 PM
Yes, That's a good price and the sportical is a good shooter. I'm a lefty too my DPMS rifles, although equipped with a shell deflector, don't eject the brass back toward the shooter. There are no nicks or dings in my brass or shell deflector. DPMS makes nice rifles know to be accurate and reliable. They aren't rated as the best but I find nothing lacking in any of my examples.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p38/jpwilly/BlackRifles004f.jpg

taliv
February 17, 2009, 12:07 AM
under $700 is probably a steal for any AR these days that doesn't have "Vulcan" or "Hesse" or "Blackthorn" on the side of it.

best of luck

bang_bang
February 17, 2009, 01:16 AM
DPMS Sporticals sell for over $700 around here, used.

Either way, that's a great price on one during today's panic. I've read reviews on them, and talked to several owners, and it is nothing but good.

Lloyd Smale
February 17, 2009, 06:00 AM
I bought one about 4 months ago for a plinker and its been a 100 percent reliable and is so accurate that i almost cringe at using it for a blaster. Lots of bang for the buck!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Poor Boy AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!