my first thread is dead

PDA

Sigman 59
February 17, 2009, 12:46 PM
i posted a thread under general discussion,and got four replies pretty quickly,so far so good.then the thread was moved to some other place that i can only find my post by clicking on my username in the active users list.if cant find it no one else will see it either.i havent had a reply since it was moved,effectively killing the thread.why was it moved so quickly?it never got a chance:(

If you enjoyed reading about "my first thread is dead" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
February 17, 2009, 01:12 PM
You wanna tell us which thread where?

bikerdoc
February 17, 2009, 01:13 PM
The thread was moved to rifle forum

hso
February 17, 2009, 01:19 PM
You might get a bunch of replies in General, but Rifle will give you more useful replies to your question about how to adjust for your new suppressor. The mod that moved it did you a favor.

Even if they weren't doing you a favor by moving it to where you should get more authoritative help to resolve your blowby problem, they were doing you a favor my moving it to the applicable Rifle forum instead of closing it or deleting it as being in the wrong place.

The other option would have been to move it to Gunsmithing since the condition you describe may be unsafe and might result in damage to your rifle or to you. You'd have certainly seen fewer replies, but they would have almost all been useful.

Good luck with finding a solution to your problem.

Mal H
February 17, 2009, 01:33 PM
It might not be obvious Sigman, but the "Moved:" line in the original forum is always a link to the thread in its new location. So it was never really gone, you simply failed to click on it.

Sigman 59
February 17, 2009, 10:21 PM
that sounds good! i dont know what forums to use but general discussion seemed like a good place to start.i think gunsmithing would be better,how can i move it there? thanks

Larry Ashcraft
February 17, 2009, 10:35 PM
I'll do it. Give me a minute or two.

If you enjoyed reading about "my first thread is dead" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!