Charter Arms AR7 firing problem

PDA

bmrdude
February 17, 2009, 01:42 PM
My AR7 is firing two shots when I pull the trigger, then jamming. Anyone else had this problem? What is the fix to get it to only shoot one shot?

If you enjoyed reading about "Charter Arms AR7 firing problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MICHAEL T
February 17, 2009, 01:48 PM
Might be in your mag not gun Depends on type of jam and I now only shoot stingers No more bulk junk it runs fine

Lightninstrike
February 17, 2009, 01:49 PM
Dude, that's a serious problem. I don't remember the name of the thread here but there have been people who got in hot water with BATF over this kind of thing. If it shoots twice when you pull the trigger once it might be called an automatic. I would take it to a smith and get it fixed asap.

highlander 5
February 17, 2009, 04:28 PM
Could be just plain dirty give the innards a hosing of some type of cleaner and try again. I had an AR7 that would go full auto unless the insides were cleaned on a regular basis. Is it an Armalite or a Charter Arms model? They are currently made by Henry now

beatcop
February 21, 2009, 12:11 AM
This is pretty common with this model, it's not an issue. IIRC it can be induced with an extremely slow squeeze and standard velocity ammo...when these conditions combine the disconnector barely engages, resulting in a hammer drop when the bolt seats a fresh round.

The trigger parts are stamped crap, there's no "modification" that you will be in trouble for if it's just wear and tear.

As previously stated, clean it and run stingers.

LongRifles, Inc.
February 21, 2009, 06:45 AM
Yeah buddy, you have a machine gun now according to how the BATF laws work and that means jail.

Send it to the manufacturer for repair or rip the trigger out of it and put it waaaay back in the gun closet.

The BATF doesn't care if its dirty, worn, or modified. It's a gun that fires more than one round with a single pull of the trigger. That's it.

A side by side shotgun or african double rifle that goofs up is the same way according to the law. Don't take my word for it, look it up yourself or call the BATF and talk to an inspector. (from a pay phone)

Get it fixed either way asap.

If you enjoyed reading about "Charter Arms AR7 firing problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!