Price & build of Beretta PX4?

PDA

fridayxiii
February 18, 2009, 03:47 PM
I've had my eye on the PX4 in 9mm for a while now. A local shop has them for just over $500. I think the price is right, but now I'm wonderimg about the build. F - decocker + safety, or G - decocker only? This will be a range & home defense/bedside gun. Thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Price & build of Beretta PX4?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NOLACOPUSMC
February 18, 2009, 03:53 PM
I carry the F for duty. We do not use the safe. i would definitely go with the G.

smilin-buddha
February 18, 2009, 04:15 PM
How do you like the Gun

psyopspec
February 18, 2009, 04:27 PM
I owned a PX4 for a few months, but it couldn't do any tricks that the 92 couldn't, so I sold it. Great gun, I just already had those bases covered. mine was an F model, but in recent years I've configured all my carry/HD handguns to be "grab and go" as in, pick it up and pull the trigger. If I could do it again with the 92 or PX4 series I'd go with the G model. As it is, when I carry the 92 I decock and take the safety off then half-cock it to lessen the chance of the safety lever engaging without me intending it to.

Boats
February 18, 2009, 04:43 PM
You could've converted your PX-4 F to a G all by yourself.

The PX certainly conceals better than the 92.

psyopspec
February 18, 2009, 07:50 PM
Boats, I'd also accumulated a couple dozen mags for the 92 series, giving it the nod for keeping. Come to think of it, I should still do the G conversion. Thanks for the reminder.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price & build of Beretta PX4?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!