Does anyone make full size (or at least 4.5") 1911's with an officers frame?

PDA

Vitamin G
October 2, 2003, 11:51 PM
Didn't find anything in a search. Basically I was wanting a 1911 for a bit, and decided instead to go glock 26. The more and more I carry, the more I find that the problem is in the grip, not the barrel. So does anyone make a full size (or near full size) 1911 with officer sized frame?
I know colt defender plus is a 3" with FULL frame, but i'm pretty much looking for the exact opposite.

Any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone make full size (or at least 4.5") 1911's with an officers frame?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BluesBear
October 3, 2003, 01:37 AM
Wasn't the Colt CCO a Commander length barrel & slide (4ΒΌ") on an Officers height frame?

I think the Defender would be great with the Ed Brown Bobtail job done to it. I am lusting for a Bobtail Commander but they don't do them in alloy.

Kruzr
October 3, 2003, 02:11 AM
Kimber compacts.....4" with a short grip. The Pro's have the 4" with the full size grip.

A Johnston
October 3, 2003, 12:59 PM
Les Baer makes an O-ACP frame topped by a Commander length slide assembly. They call it their Stinger model.... very nice guns.

MoNsTeR
October 3, 2003, 01:31 PM
Springfield and Kimber both market a "Compact", Officer grip, 4" bull barrel.

Vitamin G
October 3, 2003, 02:19 PM
and now for the tricky part...

Do any of these come in 9mm? <GASP!>

Yes, yes, yes. I love the 9mm, but im having an affair with the 1911 style gun. I think its fine for carry, excellent for target shooting (cheap ammo), less recoil, and higher capacity. I'd love a kimber, but aren't they limited edition and cost an arm and a leg?

Tim L
October 3, 2003, 07:49 PM
You might want to check with STI, I believe that they make a 9mm version of the Ranger which is a slightly shorter grip than the officers with a 4+ inch slide.

Tim

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone make full size (or at least 4.5") 1911's with an officers frame?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!