Strong Side Holster & Mag Pouch System

PDA

Eustachius234
February 19, 2009, 10:20 AM
I just picked up a Sig P226 Combat 9mm, and am planning on taking a defensive handgun class. Anyways, I need the accessories, and am clueless.

Question: What is a quality strong side holster & magazine pouch system?

Criteria:
* Holds tight to the body & doesn't slide around
* Reinforced at the mouth
* My preference would be in leather

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Strong Side Holster & Mag Pouch System" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
possum
February 19, 2009, 11:58 AM
congrats on buying a gun and wanting to do some training at a professional course. good on you. I can tell you now that you are probally gonna go the kydex route. one big reason is when you do go to a course and they have you do strong/ weak hand only operations, malfunction clearance and such, you are gonna need to rack the slide with a piece of gear and the easiest thing to do that on is a good kydex holster. i have seen a many costly and fine looking leather holsters get torn all to heck just from doing a few reps of this, plus the kydex won't colapse on itself. my blade tech has had the slide racked on it hundreads of times, and it is good to go. the paddle that comes with it is secure, and there is no worry about anything moving around on you, also know though that a good holster can not be it's best without a good belt.

i have used a blade tech paddle alot in training courses, and even more training on my own at the range. they are great holsters and they will serve you well. locktite down the retention screws and there will be zero issues i can promise. if you do loose one let them know and they will hook you up.

if you want an iwb that can be easy to there are many good makers out there. raven concealment, comp tac the mtac inparticular, blade tech iwb as well.

Eustachius234
February 19, 2009, 07:25 PM
I saw a YouTube clip that doesn't shed a positive image for kydex holsters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ

Would that be the case with the BladeTech?

Do I even have a choice, or am I left with choosing between non-durable leather, and insecure kydex?

possum
February 19, 2009, 07:42 PM
i am sure that that is cheap polymer (ie fobus), and not kydex for one thing, 2 it is a youtube video, 3 if the guys like myself can't break it, and the people that run Tactical response and other schools recommend them then they are good to go. your gun/ self/gun/gear will get ran harder in a training course than most people will ever run a gun in a life time.

read my sig line and you will see where i am comming form. I have used my blade tech in 3 handgun training courses, as well as endless training sessions at the local range, it has countless draw strokes, and i have racked and locked the slide open on it more times that i could ever begin to count. t works and it is still going strong.

1st hand acounts of gear is better than some hear say and definetly better than a video.

possum
February 19, 2009, 07:45 PM
well i commented on the video before i even watched it, and what do you know? it was a pos fobus man am i good or what?

Eustachius234
February 19, 2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

psyopspec
February 19, 2009, 08:06 PM
I don't go with leather myself, but if you check out the Accessories subforum, you may find answers from someone else asking the same question in the past.

possum
February 19, 2009, 10:04 PM
op,
also i posted a pretty indepth thread earlier today all about holsters. it might help you out too baby.

If you enjoyed reading about "Strong Side Holster & Mag Pouch System" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!