Question About Poly Barrels/Bullet Compatability

PDA

CB900F
February 20, 2009, 12:55 PM
Fella's;

We all know about the restrictions pertaining to shooting lead bullets in a polygon rifled barrel. But, I don't see where the situation is covered concerning the copper-washed bullets such as Ranier or Berry's.

I've been shooting Berry's in my H&K USPc for years with no problems. Never saw a caveat about it from H&K, or a warning on any of the gun forums such as this one. But another thread on this site prompted the question in my own mind, so I thought I'd start a thread & ask if there's any hard information about the practice out there.

900F

If you enjoyed reading about "Question About Poly Barrels/Bullet Compatability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
usp9
February 20, 2009, 01:00 PM
I've been shooting Berry's in my H&K USPc for years with no problems. Never saw a caveat about it from H&K, or a warning on any of the gun forums such as this one.

Some manufacturers warn against unclad bullets, and some don't. HK doesn't except in the P7 line. Whatever you shoot, it would be wise practice to clean the barrel thouroughly after shooting a goodly amount. I shot 1000 lead rounds in a USPc, but I'd rather not because they do leave a mess to clean, more so than clad rounds.

ChuckB
February 20, 2009, 10:11 PM
According to their maker, Berry's plated are fine in Glock barrels. I imagine other plateds are good to go, too.

Chuck

possum
February 20, 2009, 10:17 PM
as long as you load the platted bullets to the specs that you do lead you will definetly be good. i bet you would still be good even if you didn't.

cbailey
February 21, 2009, 01:41 AM
I’ve shot thousands of plated 9mm bullets (mostly Rainier, some Berry’s) and thousand of moly-coated (Masterblaster/RIP, Precision) through my 9mm Glocks with no issues. I load to lead bullet specs.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question About Poly Barrels/Bullet Compatability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!