Can anyone give me some feedback on the new taurus 1911

PDA

shootistpd27
February 20, 2009, 02:19 PM
I want to buy a good 1911 but I saw a video where the safety would hang up every couple of rounds. Anyone own one?

If you enjoyed reading about "Can anyone give me some feedback on the new taurus 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jonnyc
February 20, 2009, 05:11 PM
Friend has one, seems pretty good. No safety issue with his.

wissemeier05
February 20, 2009, 05:28 PM
I have put 1250 rounds (mostly UMC) through mine no issues. I clean and oil it every trip to the range; or when I get bored-which ever comes first.

GRIZ22
February 20, 2009, 05:43 PM
I've had one for 3 years several thousand rounds and no issues whatsoever. I have several other Taurus handguns from 1988-present with no problems.

joejoeshooter
February 20, 2009, 09:48 PM
I've had one since about Thanksgiving. 500 rounds. No problems at all. Gets dirty easy - but all 1911s get dirty.

For the money probably the best you'll find.

Taurus did have some problems with the ambidextrous safety in the early editions, but that's been fixed.

jjs

MICHAEL T
February 20, 2009, 10:10 PM
price getting to high I rather get a RIA tac. model

DougW
February 20, 2009, 10:32 PM
Son has a Taurus PT1911. Functions reliably with most of his mags.

myhandle87
February 24, 2009, 11:54 AM
The thumb safety on mine was a piece of junk. If looking at the gun pointed away from yourself, the right side safety isn't connected to the other side in any true fashion so if you use it, you're liable to jiggle it loose a bit, then the gun won't function at all. I fixed this by removing that side of the safety, but I still need to put a plug or something over the whole so as to not get any grit inside the gun.

Other than that, it's an okay gun. I got mine for ballpark $500, and for the money it was worth it. It's not very tight and doesn't shoot super tight, but it isn't finicky about ammo and I haven't had a jam yet. I'm going to sell mine off at some point and upgrade to something a bit better, but as a starter 1911 it can't really be beat.

seeker_two
February 24, 2009, 05:47 PM
Only problem I've heard about is that they don't come in 9mm.... :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Can anyone give me some feedback on the new taurus 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!