Holster for a 5" N frame?

PDA

ndh87
February 20, 2009, 05:14 PM
Im looking for a leather thumb break crossdraw holster for my 629 5 inch. So far I've only been able to find 4 inch and 6 inch holsters. Does anyone have any idea where i can find what Im looking for?

Or if you happen to have one your looking to sell....:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster for a 5" N frame?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kind of Blued
February 20, 2009, 09:00 PM
I've been reading lots of good things about Simply Rugged (http://www.simplyrugged.com/) holsters. They seem semi-custom, so I'm sure you could have it made how you want it.

krs
February 20, 2009, 09:14 PM
I use a 6" holster for mine. Gun don't care and it won't go in too deep because the blocking is where it fits. Trigger guard and cylinder, not the barrel.

David E
February 20, 2009, 09:23 PM
Get the 6" version and sew the muzzle shut to keep debris out.

earplug
February 21, 2009, 12:55 AM
I wonder why one would recommend a closed end on a holster?
If its open carry or rough dirty conditions, what falls in stays in with a closed holster.
Even the old Army 1911 holsters were open ended to allow stuff to fall free.
With a closed holster you have to stand on your head to get the stuff out.

Oro
February 21, 2009, 01:24 AM
They used to make many more 5" guns than today. You may want to check Ebay for old ones (though finding a cross draw will be really hard). You can also try El Paso Saddlery if Simply rugged doesn't have the style you want.

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster for a 5" N frame?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!