45acp , 185 Gr. Jhp & Red Dot Anyone ?

PDA

boss_spearman
October 3, 2003, 12:34 PM
Does anyone have a pet load they use in .45 acp using red dot with 185 gr. jhp's ( rem )..?

If you enjoyed reading about "45acp , 185 Gr. Jhp & Red Dot Anyone ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JackM
October 4, 2003, 04:13 PM
Not extensively, but I've had good results with the Remington 185 gr. JHP, Winchester primers and Red Dot at 0.2 grains under Alliant's MAX.
http://recipes.alliantpowder.com/rg.taf?_function=pistolrevolver&step=2&bulletID=96&cartridgeID=1029&caliber=%2E45&cartridgedescr=ACP&bulletdescr=185%20JHP

It's more uniform than Unique with these lighter bullets, at least in my old 1911A1.

Bye
Jack

HSMITH
October 4, 2003, 05:30 PM
No Red Dot favorites but go grab a pound of Longshot and load those 185's. SMOKING velocities with low flash and low pressures. Power Pistol makes nearly as much speed with LOTS of flash and a little higher pressures. Winchester Super Field has always been my favorite for medium to hot 185's in 45acp, accurate and clean with very little flash.

If you enjoyed reading about "45acp , 185 Gr. Jhp & Red Dot Anyone ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!