Art Eatman...you got it wrong!

PDA

deacon8
February 21, 2009, 01:52 PM
Art, a few minutes ago, you closed a thread that WAS on topic. It was the .303 vs. the 30/06. For some reason, you thought it was supposed to be the .308 vs. 30/06. You should re-open it, as I feel you've made mistake.

-Deacon

If you enjoyed reading about "Art Eatman...you got it wrong!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Eric F
February 21, 2009, 02:05 PM
um dude just send him a pm he is reasonable..............IBTL

deacon8
February 21, 2009, 02:16 PM
Ok. Sorry, I didn't know how it works. Did I just do something that is considered to be impolite? I hope not, because I wasn't trying to be a jackass or make him look like an idiot. You almost sound like you are "sticking up" for him, which I find odd. Plus, I don't know how to "PM." I wrote him a polite message (PM;)) to only way I know how. So please don't concern yourself with it. If he is truly reasonable, he will understand my being informal (if I even was...). Thanks though.

Eric F
February 21, 2009, 02:29 PM
OH well no big deal to me. To pm private message, just click on a members name then look for send a private message. your post is some what impolite but since you didnt know its no real big deal. I will send you one in a minute.

Jorg Nysgerrig
February 21, 2009, 02:30 PM
As a general rule, if you have a question about a moderator's actions on a specific thread, the best course of action is to contact that moderator directly via private message. If it is regarding something more general, a post in the Technical Support forum may be appropriate.

However, calling out a moderator in the rifle forum with such a statement as "you got it wrong!" certainly doesn't go over well.

To send someone a private message, simple click on the moderator's name and choose the "Send Private Message" option. If you don't have that, you can always click on "Private Messages" below your name at the top right of the page, then choose "Send New Message" on the left and type in the moderator's name.

If you need further help with the private message feature, feel free to start a thread in the Tech Support forum. As this thread has nothing to do with rifles, I'm going to move it to tech support forum.

Horsemany
February 21, 2009, 03:38 PM
There has been a few threads closed or posts removed the last few weeks that surprised me.

ilbob
February 26, 2009, 11:54 AM
There has been a few threads closed or posts removed the last few weeks that surprised me.

Those Nazi/fascist moderators are at it again. :)

Exmasonite
February 26, 2009, 01:07 PM
yup... it's thursday!

Art Eatman
February 26, 2009, 01:45 PM
:D:D:D

sm
February 26, 2009, 02:46 PM
Art needs a whatchmacallit to repair a doo-hickey, on that thing-ma-jig, he intends to us for something-or-another.

Send Art the whatchamacallit, and he might re-open the thread, if you are nice, and polite about it.

This forum stuff ain't hard, I don't see why folks have problems with it...

rbernie
February 26, 2009, 02:50 PM
I am Spartacus!

Art Eatman
February 26, 2009, 05:53 PM
Er, uh, I reopened that thread after the PM. At least, I think I did. But I'm too lazy to go back and look...

I'm gonna indulge my Oldtimer's Disease.

If you enjoyed reading about "Art Eatman...you got it wrong!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!