PDA

SamTuckerMTNMAN
February 21, 2009, 04:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iU0x5TDY1k&feature=channel_page

this guys videos......OMG

claims USMC sniper

I call....BS!

st

ps - watch his Dont wear white in snow "CAMO" video, thats the best.

pps - 2nd amedmint :p

If you enjoyed reading about "I call bs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
2RCO
February 21, 2009, 05:01 PM
Please tell me Loki isn't a THR member.... I'm thinking this is a Highschool kid trying to look cool.

Duke of Doubt
February 21, 2009, 05:08 PM
I watched Pee-Wee's apartment shoot, but the outdoor one had some "technical difficulties" of its own. I didn't bother with the ghillie suit.

It's my peculiar habit to study objects in the background of gun photos and videos to learn more about the owner than simply what gun they happen to own. I often am amused with what I can pick out. This time was no exception.

mcwjr13
February 21, 2009, 05:15 PM
LOKI = Poser

danweasel
February 21, 2009, 05:22 PM
This is the reason I watch you tube.

Interceptor_Knight
February 21, 2009, 05:56 PM
"Semi pseudo complex mechanism.... You pretty much have to destroy it to take it apart..."

Paid too much for a SPS and then bought the cheapest scope he could find.... No wonder he had to improvise with cardboard for his sun shade...:)

Duke of Doubt
February 21, 2009, 06:00 PM
Interceptor Knight: "No wonder he had to improvise with cardboard for his sun shade..."

That was the wierdest part of the whole thing. He painted a toilet paper tube black and stuck it on the end of his scope, restricting his field of vision to a tiny little tunnel. Like to see how he gathers any light in that hole.

He reminded me a little of Sgt. Hunter from "Hill Street Blues", only a lot less appealing.

DFW1911
February 21, 2009, 06:15 PM
:scrutiny: Yep, BS on that one. Definitely a poser. Doesn't know the term length of pull?

I get a kick (sorry, couldn't resist) out of the whole "...yep, I do that for a living. I can't tell you where..." spiel.

Maybe shooting on his grandfather's farm counts as "over there?" :D

Bonus for the awful homemade ninja outfit!!!

2RCO
February 21, 2009, 06:26 PM
I just go to thinking maybe LOKI is GECKO_45

CWL
February 21, 2009, 06:26 PM
So Loki uses his bipod in 3' of snow huh?

Last time I showed my Scout Sniper friend a rifle with a bipod on it, he laughed at me...

jakemccoy
February 21, 2009, 07:28 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/1409ru9.jpg

Lightninstrike
February 21, 2009, 07:32 PM
What a maroon.......

:barf::barf::barf:

Karl Hungus
February 21, 2009, 07:38 PM
Pretty sure corrective lenses are a no-go for Marine snipers. Plus the guy looks like he's 15.

U.S.SFC_RET
February 21, 2009, 07:42 PM
Just a mild form of stolen valor. You never know he just might become a marine someday.

MinnMooney
February 21, 2009, 07:53 PM
I love his historical accuracy and his thorough knowledge of firearms and firearm companies.

"I shoot the big bore stuff like .308 and .30-06. Remington got into these big calibers back in the 90's, er.... maybe even the 80's." Dork!

The Rem. SPS that he is playing with in the demo is FULLY LOADED in his house! I saw at least twice that he had his finger in the trigger guard just before he reset the safety to "Safe". Dork II !

Acheron
February 21, 2009, 08:00 PM
Ha! He spelled 'amendment' wrong. He also mentions the amendments dating back to 1776, even though the Constitution wasn't ratified until 1789 and the Bill of Rights came along in 1791. What a tool.

EDIT: I also just noted that he misquoted the Second Amendment.

mcwjr13
February 21, 2009, 08:04 PM
Did anyone else notice his sling? Is that a luggage or camera strap?

22lr
February 21, 2009, 08:05 PM
LOL and why are we concerned about guys posting stupid videos on youtube????

TRGRHPY
February 21, 2009, 08:08 PM
How does adding 1" exta to LOP make it easier to get hit in the forehead with a scope? His brother must be about as bright he. Twins, by any chance? ...twins conjoined at the brain from birth and this is the one that didn't make it? :evil:

Walter
February 21, 2009, 08:52 PM
:DI really like the part about him taking "that" rifle "over there", because
he didn't want to use what they issued over there.;) Riiiiggghhht.

Maybe things have changed, but I doubt it. In my days with the Corps,
personally owned weapons were not allowed in a combat zone (at least
for enlisted personnel) period, end of story. And getting caught trying to
smuggle one out of CONUS would mean hard brig time, not just a slap on
the wrist. And in these days and times I can't imagine what would happen
getting caught trying to smuggle one IN to CONUS.:eek:

But you know some folks never let the truth get in the way of a good
story.:rolleyes:

Walter

jbkebert
February 21, 2009, 09:22 PM
I love the 30/06 demo video. He actually says that he keeps his promise depending on weather, terrain, "zombies" then goes on to chuckle that he got rid of the zombies. Then he says that he actually was off on his target. He meant to hit the green cap of the water bottle. So what is that approx 5/8"x1" at 300 yards sure buddy. Yep Chairborn Ranger for sure.
Can I get a real big Hoooah..... I mean a real big bull####.....

Isher
February 21, 2009, 09:57 PM
I'm going to introduce a new term here.

"Wannabe Mall Zombies."

Unfortunately, the end result is

Seriously depressing.

isher

TRGRHPY
February 21, 2009, 10:09 PM
Isher: They're called "developmentally disabled"

fireman 9731
February 21, 2009, 10:15 PM
What a punk...

Duke of Doubt
February 21, 2009, 10:41 PM
Karl: "Pretty sure corrective lenses are a no-go for Marine snipers. Plus the guy looks like he's 15."

Can't say as to Marines, but Army B4 school, available to several MOS besides infantry, allows 20/200 corrected to 20/20 (non-waiverable).

Rockwell1
February 21, 2009, 10:41 PM
I want my 8 minutes back
Please tell me he wasn't cycling live rounds through that weapon, please?

Cajun
February 21, 2009, 10:43 PM
This guy is a DUMB#$$!!!

Fat Pat210
February 21, 2009, 10:51 PM
His Occupation is a USMC Sniper,sports store worker.Now that is too funny.

martinc64
February 21, 2009, 10:56 PM
Wow.

crazy-mp
February 21, 2009, 11:21 PM
SO was the place this was filmed his barracks or his apartment? Because if it was his barracks, which I doubt because of large living area, but his NCO would tear him a new one if he walking in and seen it in that kind of shape.

Halo posters on the wall.....seriously?

He may actually be in the Marines, he could have signed up, be in the Marine Corps Reserve and not have gone to basic training yet.....because he is still in High School!!!

What was on the butt stock did he not clean a sticker off? And what is the deal with the skull on his head? A BIG USMC flag behind him would have made it a little more convincing.......at least it would have hidden all the poster and clothes strung all over his room.

wankerjake
February 21, 2009, 11:26 PM
That toilet paper roll shade is too sweet. I'm gonna put one on my rifle asap. Maybe he was joking??? Anyway I will laugh every time I see a remington sps now. Remington should pay this cat to take this video off the air.

erict
February 21, 2009, 11:47 PM
That had to be a sarcastic joke...... If not... this guy worries me. :uhoh:

LOKI14127
February 21, 2009, 11:47 PM
Hello Mr. Tucker. I have Recently Been Informed that you are saying rather inappropriate things about me, and my current Job. And would Like to take this time, out of MY free time, to Inform you on your Mistake. I AM currently Enlisted in the Marine Corps' 1/2/3 Delta Company, Sniper Platoon. I have been for 9 years, while in the Marines for 11. At this time, I would request that you Cease and Desist Any an ALL further incorrect information that you might feel obligated to share. Thank you. And Thanks for the Free Publicity.

That goes With Everybody. I would Like to request that this little Sharade Ends Right Now.

To answer Some People... yes, I am A THR Member.
Whoopidydoo. I Told You What Gun I was Using...
I Actually under payed for the Gun, and No, It was Not The Cheapest scope Could Find.
It Is NOT A Toilet paper Tube... I am Only Using it because the other Sun Shade I Have is Nickle Plated, which dosent look good on a Black Rifle.
No, I have never heard to the term, "Length of Pull." Unless your Talking about a trigger Sear and it's Creep.
I could Tell you, but it is Frowned apon in the Marines to openly share Tactics, Training, and other Mission related things...Duh.
Grand Fathers Farm...?... I bought the 500 Acres I live on not to long ago actually.
WHO THE ^%&$ IS GECkO 45!?
And Your Friends an Idiot for Laughing at a Bi-ped.
Yay Anonymous poster!
Not a Moron... I Passed Advanced Calculus in Collage, I consider myself rather Smart.
I dont Ususaly Wear Glasses in the Feild. Sometimes Contacts. And im Not 15. I would do ANYTHING to be 15 again... Simpler Times. No Internet.
.308 is not "Big Boar" to my standers. And, it Was Never Loaded... I had an Empty Shell in the Chamber. And A Dummy Round in the magazine.
I Purposly Spelled Amendments wrong...Duh. And Yes... The Marine Corps Was Founded at Tun Tavern, Philie PA, on 1775. One year before 1776, America. And No, I did not "mis Quote it." I just Shortened it.
As I mentioned in the Video... The Sling is From a Bell Kit... A Musical Instrament.
THANK YOU 22LR!!!!!
TRGRHPY... Did you even WATCH The Video...?
2 Words... red Tape. It allows Me to Bring it With me.
...And yea... Missing by a CM at 300 yards was my error, I could have hit the Cap...
...Mall Zombies...? Like, The Game?
And yes... punk would Be a Good term for me if you Happen to meet my on the Street.
Yes, When I have Payed leave, of usualy 3 Month's, I Work at a Gun Repair, and Customs Shop.
... I SAID I like Video Games... It's MY House, I'll do What I want. I havenbt been in High School since the 80's. It's not a Sticker, it's for Compatition Shooting. The Skul hat is somehtign i Bought at a yard Sale... And I do Own The. "Mess With The Best, Die Like The Rest." Skull and Crossed M4's Flag. It was on The Opposite Wall.

And Once again. THANKS FOR ALL THE FREE PUBLICITY!

fireman 9731
February 21, 2009, 11:51 PM
:Dthis just made my evening:D

Thanks for all the laughs!

shootistpd27
February 21, 2009, 11:51 PM
Did anyone else catch that he misspelled "amendmint"?

Rockwell1
February 21, 2009, 11:52 PM
I posted a comment on his video opining that he might have been less than completely honest about his military career. He removed my comment blocked me from commenting further and sent me a long, rambling, invective filled response by email within 15 minutes.

Perhaps someone here could log in and invite him to join the fun right here on THR?

Well, I guess that won't be necessary.

Gecko, buddy glad you could join us.

mcwjr13
February 21, 2009, 11:56 PM
I wish I could have taken "Advanced Calculus" in "Collage" made my weekend thanks Loki.

Dragk913
February 21, 2009, 11:57 PM
I Passed Advanced Calculus in Collage, I consider myself rather Smart.

Sorry Loki, I had to.

Dragk913
February 21, 2009, 11:58 PM
I wish I could have taken "Advanced Calculus" in "Collage" made my weekend thanks Loki.

Noooo! Barely beat me to it.

2RCO
February 21, 2009, 11:58 PM
Gecko umm I mean Loki it's nice to see you back on the Gun boards.

How many ballistic plates ya got duct taped on these days?

Saved the mayor's nephew lately?

I see you are no longer with mall security--What gives?

Rockwell1
February 22, 2009, 12:03 AM
I'm going to guess that this thread will be locked within the hour and that Mr. loki will be banned in a similar amount of time

230RN
February 22, 2009, 12:07 AM
Soo, Jake McCoy... you're the one who's been taking picutres of me through my keyhole!

http://i39.tinypic.com/1409ru9.jpg

jbkebert
February 22, 2009, 12:13 AM
Is it just me but I think he is bitter.

ants
February 22, 2009, 12:18 AM
Go look up the name Loki. It has several meanings. The origin:

A Norse god who makes trouble and takes on other people's identities.

ThrottleJockey
February 22, 2009, 12:20 AM
WOW, don't quite know what to say! Was this guy high on something in the video? I'd probably cover my face thingy with a thingy face cover thing if I made that vid too:) My 10 year old could probably use better tech terminology than this "sniper" wiper.

highorder
February 22, 2009, 12:23 AM
The thing that gets me about kids like this is the total lack of shame...

If I were caught and called out in such an embarrasing fashion,

the LAST thing I would do is join the board and offer more BS in broken "kidspeak" english.

Either way it's good for a laugh.

And Your Friends an Idiot for Laughing at a Bi-ped.

As far as Bi-peds go, you're getting lots of laughs!

Jefferson Herb
February 22, 2009, 12:23 AM
It sure looked like the first casing was that,a casing [fired],while the rest were live rounds safety off,and unsafe. I've been out of the Navy since 80,I only got 30 days leave[including weekeng days] a year,anything change????

jbkebert
February 22, 2009, 12:27 AM
I've been out of the Navy since 80,I only got 30 days leave[including weekeng days] a year,anything change????
Nothing has changed since I got out on 06. I think the 3 months that he is refering to is May 15th to August 20th when school starts back up.

Rockwell1
February 22, 2009, 12:27 AM
Maybe we should lay off I don't want it on my conscience if this young man is found hanging from the rafters in the next few days.

2RCO
February 22, 2009, 12:31 AM
For some reason I don't believe it was really the guy from the video posting as Loki but more likely a THR prankster. But just in case I concur with Rockwell this is THR and we should treat him with dignity and respect. So Loki if I offended you it was all in Jest. If you have a 1911 and need some crazy colored grips for your next video I'll ship ya some on me!

John-Melb
February 22, 2009, 12:33 AM
Sam, thanks for posting this, I needed a chuckle.

This goose claims to be a soldier of some description? sorry, "NASA" Not A Soldier's A***hole.

As for the comment "punk would Be a Good term for me if you Happen to meet my on the Street.":barf::barf::barf:

Loki - Maaaate, the little blonde corporal who used to to run the front counter at 3ARU would do you a serious disservice, meeting a real soldier would give you nightmares.

XavierBreath
February 22, 2009, 12:54 AM
I would like to remind the membership that personal attacks are a violation of the rules here. LOKI14127 is now a member.

However, we tend to frown on people representing themselves as someone they are not. LOKI14127, you say that you are currently a Marine sniper with 1/2/3 Delta Company, Sniper Platoon. That is indeed interesting.

Our forum is filled with veterans. Some have seen friends die, others have sacrificed their own limbs and a significant part of their future for our country. Trying to weave a web of deciet to anonymously join our ranks is impossible. We are not fools. We have been there and done what you have not. A balaclava will not help you here.

If you want to learn about shooting and firearms, The High Road is one of the best internet forums to do so on. If you want to weave a web of lies and deciet, we ask that you go elsewhere to do so.

The knowledge base here is broad, varied, and much of it is professional. Bans here are permanent. As veterans and professionals, we enjoy a good ribbing and a good time, but we are intolerant of those who would try to take on the mantle of another's honor under the cloak of anonymity.

So, LOKI14127, I am asking you to contact myself, or another administrator to verify your claims of being a Marine sniper.

That is all.

XavierBreath
February 22, 2009, 12:39 PM
Although LOKI14127 has communicated with the webmaster, no verification of any US military service has been provided.

Duke of Doubt
February 22, 2009, 12:55 PM
XavierBreath: "Although LOKI14127 has communicated with the webmaster, no verification of any US military service has been provided."

Understated humor is my favorite type, and military-related humor is best when delivered in laconic and understated style.

FMF
February 22, 2009, 01:05 PM
I guess Loki's brand of interwebs humor isn't jiving with everyone. I thought he was hilarious. Maybe a little off base with the "sniper" thing but still funny. And even more, he's dedicated enough to post on THR to maintain character....true forms of win could be in the future.

Kindrox
February 22, 2009, 01:09 PM
Come everybody, let’s give this very young man a break. If I was a Marine sniper posted deep undercover at a local strip mall across from my high school, I’d certainly need to conceal my true identity as I explain to the masses how I selected my sniper rifle based on its butt pad. I believe Gecko's offspring would be entering their teenage years about now, no?

Interceptor_Knight
February 22, 2009, 01:17 PM
From loki14127.
I AM currently Enlisted in the Marine Corps' 1/2/3 Delta Company, Sniper Platoon. I have been for 9 years, while in the Marines for 11.
I would Like to request that this little Sharade Ends Right Now.

I Actually under payed for the Gun, and No, It was Not The Cheapest scope Could Find.
It Is NOT A Toilet paper Tube... I am Only Using it because the other Sun Shade I Have is Nickle Plated, which dosent look good on a Black Rifle.
And im Not 15
I havenbt been in High School since the 80's. !

Please do yourself and the rest of us a favor and cease to play Marine. You may not be 15, but you are also obviously not anywhere near mid 30s. Your BS is pitiful. I AM a US Marine Corps Veteran. I likely served before you were born. Not only are you not currently serving in that unit, you are not even clever enough to list an actual unit. I am not even going to begin to school you on how messed up that unit name is.
Your cute little rifle is the cheapest thing that Remington currently makes in a model 700 series. A nice entry rifle, but not what anyone would consider a precision piece. A significant reason that you do not have a sun shade on your scope is that Wal Mart special Bushnell scopes are not threaded for a sun shade.
I guess Loki's brand of interwebs humor isn't jiving with everyone. I thought he was hilarious. Maybe a little off base with the "sniper" thing but still funny. And even more, he's dedicated enough to post on THR to maintain character....true forms of win could be in the future.
I may be wound a little tight, but there are enough posers floating around already. If this is intended as humor, then the post here should have been in the spirit of humor. It didn't appear to be so.

koolminx
February 22, 2009, 01:17 PM
That kid is a retard... :)

He thinks that his rifle is that only thing that can hit his little bottle at 200 yards?

I can put a smiley face in his bottle and a hole through the green cap at 300 yards with my .22 LR, and he thinks that 30 cal is something....

Sheesh...

Duke of Doubt
February 22, 2009, 01:23 PM
Interceptor Knight: "I am not even going to begin to school you on how messed up that unit name is."

I'm not familiar enough with Marine unit designations to have jumped on that one. Certainly no U.S. Army unit, whether active, inactive, paper or fictitious, would go under anything like that name. But it would have been rather embarrasing to learn that the Marines actually DID have a unit called that, and so I remained silent.

It's funny when people pretend to be something they aren't, when it's so incredibly easy for someone to tell they aren't. I really think it's a sort of personality disorder that they don't get that.

whatnickname
February 22, 2009, 01:42 PM
People like this should not be permitted out in public without supervision!

chuwee81
February 22, 2009, 01:42 PM
haha, that made me chuckle a bit. I won't say anything else that has been said about this guy but let's just say i'm in the same wagon :p

Oh well, what the heck:
* marine sniper doesn't know what a "bi-ped" is.
* 11 yrs of service, Still Type Like L33t To Teh MaXxoRrs
* anyone noticed how he said adding an extra inch to the buttpad will add to the kick or somehting like that? I mean the longer the eye relief (due to longer buttpad) would cause the scope to move further from the eye, right ? And it would help to avoid scope eye instead of promoting it ?

idk, i saw this last night at 2 am. I'm surprised the thread is re-opened.

Also I've met some military type folks who have seen and lived "the experience" (1 is my best man's buddy, one is cousin's best friend's brother). They're usually more reserved and collected, or in other words; humble. but it's just pure opinion.

phish
February 22, 2009, 01:50 PM
If you make a comment that disagrees with his claims of being a sniper in the USMC, he'll just delete your comments.

Duke of Doubt
February 22, 2009, 01:53 PM
Just keep posting them; eventually he'll tire of deleting them and will delete the three videos. It's happened before.

woof
February 22, 2009, 01:53 PM
I wonder if he has considered where other than in the bolt the "hammer" might be? I didn't know that "high powered" rounds like .308 and .30-06 had only been around since the '80s. I also need to remember the safety nomenclature: "dead" and "not dead." That's where I turned it off.

Rockwell1
February 22, 2009, 01:54 PM
As Xavier pointed out, this guy is now a member and personal attacks are verboten.
A joke is a joke and I'm ok with that, but fraudulently claiming to be a service member of ANY type isn't funny.

phish
February 22, 2009, 01:54 PM
"I Passed Advanced Calculus in Collage, I consider myself rather Smart."

Then I guess you would know it's actually spelled college.

Ok, this is getting better than the gecko thread every minute! lol

phish
February 22, 2009, 01:56 PM
"I Passed Advanced Calculus in Collage, I consider myself rather Smart."

A big LOL to that too! Even if this guy was 30, 15 years ago, we still had the internet! This guy is not a day over 30... I could pick apart this guy all day, it'd be a waste of time though.

Duke of Doubt
February 22, 2009, 02:01 PM
Still, as Xavier pointed out, he is a member. Attack the videos, attack the claims, but do not attack the fellow directly unless you want to get this fun thread closed.

phish
February 22, 2009, 02:05 PM
You're right, sorry. I'd hate for this amazing thread to be closed.

phish
February 22, 2009, 02:11 PM
A few more fun quotes to attack:

"True. And, poland ya Say? Iv'e always wanted to go there. Hunted in Siberia Once, and Brought back Elk meat to My Granfather, who Grew Up in Poland."

"I Went to Collage once, and the collages Motto was, We Will Try. I have gone to take that to heart. What exactly are you Going to be using that Rifle For, if I may Ask?"

it scares me that you own a weapon...

"Well. I do Own more then One, But. Anyways. And...well... My Job requires my to Try Not to Be Scary, but, Sometimes, that's what is Portrayed. But it does leave a Message on any one who relizes that we are there."

Gunnerpalace
February 22, 2009, 02:12 PM
WOW!

highorder
February 22, 2009, 02:15 PM
I just watched the entire SPS review.

He was indeed cycling LIVE rounds in the house, and spoke of firing live rounds that had been repeatedly cycled... :confused:

I just cant get over the line of BS about using the SPS in place of what was "authorized."

He doesn't seem to put much value in the features that seperate his off the shelf rifle from a true precision rifle.:scrutiny:

BTW, I was sent a PM from Loki asking what I meant by "kidspeak" in my post...

I didn't reply.:rolleyes:

Jdude
February 22, 2009, 02:34 PM
I think the whole video is satire. Moderately funny satire, but satire nonetheless.

BamaHoosier
February 22, 2009, 02:43 PM
Laughter is the best medicine;didn't even have to watch a whole minute before getting my daily dose:D!

phish
February 22, 2009, 02:43 PM
"I think the whole video is satire. Moderately funny satire, but satire nonetheless."

Then why is he deleting our youtube comments?

Girodin
February 22, 2009, 02:55 PM
Ha! He spelled 'amendment' wrong. He also mentions the amendments dating back to 1776, even though the Constitution wasn't ratified until 1789 and the Bill of Rights came along in 1791. What a tool.

I am glad someone else caught that.

This has to be someones attempt at humor. If not that is scary and sad at the same time.

scythefwd
February 22, 2009, 02:56 PM
koolminx,
I am not the greatest shot. My grandfather could regularly shoot a group half the size of mine. That said, I would LOVE to see you take the top off a bottle at 300Y with a .22lr. My anschutz isn't even that accurate (well it is very accurate but not that accurate at that distance). We are talking .3 MOA side to side and .15 moa verticallyor better with a round that was either never supersonic or has crossed the super/subsonic barrier. Even the best shooters I have seen are keeping it at .75 inches at 100y at an outdoor range (and not consistently). I bet you could get .5 inches from a rest from those guys. The .22lr is also very lightweight and is easily moved by any wind.

Might I ask what make/model you are shooting and what ammo type?

woof
February 22, 2009, 03:00 PM
This reminds me of the old mall ninja thread.

Tennesseean
February 22, 2009, 03:17 PM

Likely because the people posting those comments are taking him seriously.

I'm taking this as humor. I have an idea of who this person is, too.

phish
February 22, 2009, 03:20 PM
"Quote:
Likely because the people posting those comments are taking him seriously.

I'm taking this as humor. I have an idea of who this person is, too."

But what if he isn't joking? That means you've insulted him the most and you didn't even mean to :) lol

fireman 9731
February 22, 2009, 03:24 PM
I think that if it was made as humor then he wouldn't of been so defensive...

Who knows... either way I have gotten a good laugh out of it!

Carl
February 22, 2009, 03:24 PM
You all can thank me for bringing his attention to this thread and suggesting that he sign up to the forum to defend himself. :D

Mal H
February 22, 2009, 03:42 PM
His video and post here was in no way, shape or form humor. If you read the emails sent to webmaster (which we will not make public, so don't ask), you would know he was serious.

Rockwell1
February 22, 2009, 04:03 PM
I am convinced based on the emails he sent me that the guy posting here & the guy on youtube are the same.

Interceptor_Knight
February 22, 2009, 04:07 PM
Can we expect him to return to this thread and "defend" his claims or have we seen the last of this character??? Is he a member with a second account troll account in order to remain anonymous or did he make one post to say that he is a member???

Duke of Doubt
February 22, 2009, 04:11 PM
phish: "I have an idea of who this person is, too."

I considered and rejected the possibility that he might be John Titor.

sturmgewehr667
February 22, 2009, 04:12 PM
You all can thank me for bringing his attention to this thread and suggesting that he sign up to the forum to defend himself.

danke shon, for adding another troll to the board, lol, jk

Rockwell1
February 22, 2009, 04:31 PM
I doubt he'll be back. He's not in control here and can't delete us at will. However, he continues to email me vehemently defending his claim to be a Marine sniper who works part time at a sporting goods store.

mjm90675
February 22, 2009, 04:42 PM
He blocked me from leaving comments. I told him that i thought he should take a firearms safty course before he hurts himself or someone else.

If this was done in humor then it was done all wrong. Humor should not include cycling live rounds through a 30-06 in your bedroom.

BullfrogKen
February 22, 2009, 04:53 PM
I left a comment on his youtube video this morning. It was deleted and I'm now blocked from leaving any more.

Although apparently he hasn't figured out a way to delete comments off his profile page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LOKI14127

See page #2. He posted to his profile 9 times this morning to get it off the front page.

There is no way in hell he is a Marine. I served as a Marine Corps infantryman. He can't even figure out how to lie and make up units well. I've seen the complaint that came into the webmaster. He is indeed serious; this is not satire.

From time to time the military community will have someone claim to be a veteran, having won certain awards, or make up some other such stories about themselves. When it's found out they lied, pressure has been brought to bear by veteran organizations.

This guy is a fraud. So . . . . who wants to report him to the Marine Sniper community, and have pressure brought to bear to have him pull that crap down?

fireman 9731
February 22, 2009, 05:02 PM
YIKES!!!

I sure wouldn't want to have pressure put on me by the Marine Sniper community!:uhoh:

It may be a good way for him to learn though...:neener:

skeet king
February 22, 2009, 05:04 PM
Some people say this rifle is flimsy, but I accidently wacked it with a metal bar soooo... Ya!

I think the only reason he put that toilet paper role on his crappy scope is to make it look bigger

This video makes me want to pull my hair out, know nothings that buy a rem 700 are officially snipers I guess

skeet king
February 22, 2009, 05:25 PM
This gives younger people that shoot a bad name.

Hey secret agent wd40... just stop talking

Interceptor_Knight
February 22, 2009, 05:31 PM
We owe him an apology!!! He MUST be a sniper!!! He is using special Marine Corps issue only sub-sonic .30-06 sniper rounds!!! He is claiming a 300 yd shot. Watch the video again. The noise and the impact occur at about the same time. :cool:

BullfrogKen
February 22, 2009, 05:33 PM
He claims to live in upstate New York.

It would be a shame for his hometown newspaper to do a story on him . . .

And it would be a shame for this gun store employer to find out he's lying about his resume.

mjm90675
February 22, 2009, 05:36 PM
I just watched that and noticed that same thing. He must really have that thing zipped up for it to cover 300 yards that fast. LOL. This kid is a real piece of work.

fireman 9731
February 22, 2009, 05:37 PM
looks like he did the same thing to me as he did to Bullfrogken :)

usmarine0352_2005
February 22, 2009, 05:39 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/usmarine0352/imfromtheinternet.jpg

I was a Marine also, and although not all of us are great spellers, I'm sure Sniper would know how to spell "Bore", not "Boar", unless they were Davy Crockett.

Interceptor_Knight
February 22, 2009, 05:42 PM
just watched that and noticed that same thing. He must really have that thing zipped up for it to cover 300 yards that fast. LOL. This kid is a real piece of work.
The issue is that the sound can not travel 300 yds that fast. At 20 degrees it will take close to a second for sound to travel that distance. The bullet starts out not quite 3X the speed of sound and then slows to twice the speed of sound by 300yds. We should see the bottle strike and then hear the noise. Even a 1/2 second difference would be obvious in that video. Also look at his direction and where the woods is in relation to him. He is on the same side of the clearing, just down a bit and obviously no where near the birch trees he pointed at.

jimmyraythomason
February 22, 2009, 05:45 PM
He's a legend in his own mind.

backwoodzboy
February 22, 2009, 06:10 PM
anybody try the 1.2.3.4.5. count as fast as you can to see how far away he was from the shot water bottle? it sounded to me like he was just outside of the cameras veiw. He makes me feel smart.

The Swede
February 22, 2009, 06:12 PM
Personally, I think his videos are quite humorous. Not in a bad way either. I honestly don't see a problem with anything in his videos unless I missed something. I surely would not put him in the same category as Gecko45. I don't know just me I guess. I wouldn't hold the horrible spelling against him either. There are many, many intelligent people who are horrible spellers. yeah, I know, I'll probably get flamed for this, but that's okay.

A lot of the content in these videos is obvious parody. I think it is quite funny.

phish
February 22, 2009, 06:21 PM
"A lot of the content in these videos is obvious parody. I think it is quite funny."

This guy isn't smart enough to know what a parody is. And you thinking it's just a joke is more of an insult to this guy :)

Interceptor_Knight
February 22, 2009, 06:25 PM
If that is supposed to be humorous parody, his video makes the movie Dumb and Dumberer look enlightened.:scrutiny:

This guy isn't smart enough to know what a parody is. And you thinking it's just a joke is more of an insult to this guy

I believe that you hit it on the head.
It reminds me of THIS GUY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU-cQF8E48Y)

phish
February 22, 2009, 06:26 PM
I think it's funny that not only does he spell it "bi-ped", but if you listen closely, he actually pronounces it that way lol.

danweasel
February 22, 2009, 06:26 PM
I dunno guys, you tube sound is nothing I would base a CSI style investigation on. It is notoriously bad.

Anyways don't forget to post something nice on his channel (i think this is what it's called) page!

The Swede
February 22, 2009, 06:28 PM
And you thinking it's just a joke is more of an insult to this guy

I guess you could be right about that. I don't know though. I just thought it was humorous. I definitely wouldn't recommend the videos for educational purposes.

Interceptor_Knight
February 22, 2009, 06:32 PM
I dunno guys, you tube sound is nothing I would base a CSI style investigation on. It is notoriously bad.

I do not hear the sound of him talking coming before his lips are in motion.... There is no reason to believe that the quality of the sound sync with the video would be off by 1/2 second or more just in that part of his clip....;)

phish
February 22, 2009, 06:34 PM
"And if a person with multi personality disorder, threatens to kill themself, do you have a hostage situation?" -loki14127

I dunno, but I bet you would know better than us all lol.

Rockwell1
February 22, 2009, 06:40 PM
How does one contact the Marine Sniper Assoc.?

Duke of Doubt
February 22, 2009, 06:50 PM
That action really ought to be taken, if at all, either by a bona fide current or former Marine sniper, by a current or former Marine, MAYBE by a graduate of the Army's B4 school, or by an owner or moderator of this board.

.45Guy
February 22, 2009, 06:51 PM
http://www.usmcscoutsniper.org/

As a lowly POG, I'll refrain from doing so.

slabuda
February 22, 2009, 07:13 PM
To me its mostly harmless humor, except for claiming to be a Vet/AD Marine.

Being in a sister service we give each other a bit of stick and all...but dont disrespect them. The Marines put it all on the line and dont deserve to be associated with a fraud. If a real MArine were to get ahold of him (for a good ole SNCO but ripping session) Im afraid he may wet himself.

danweasel
February 22, 2009, 07:26 PM
So I went on the youtube and tried to invite loki back to THR. He asked me to forward a message. Here it goes:

And I dont Plan on Going Back. But, If you Would like to forward a Message to THR it would be great. "Arguing on The Internet, is A Lot Like The Special Olympics. It Doesent matter if you Win or Lose, You're Still !@#$ing Retarted. And if Any of Them want to Say something to me, they can Stand on My Front Porch, And Say it To My Face... And Then We'll see who Get's off the Porch Alive... Thank you." And, it'll take A LOT more then a bunch of Bitchy 5 year olds to get me down

I know we have all heard this little saying before. I edited out the F-word (even though it is one of my favorite words) and some before and after stuff. So, anyways, I have two questions:

!. Do you think capitilization of almost every word is used to imply anger but not quite shouting (that, of course, would be ALL CAPS!)? You know like a cold firm tone. The tone of a merciless killer.

2. Since he states he is not coming back, can we now make fun of him again?

Man, what a way to waste a Sunday, internet lamness and beer. What a country we live in, huh? Anyways I have to go barricade my house now.

PS I see what you mean about the sound, I didn't think of it like that.

phish
February 22, 2009, 07:31 PM
I really don't think we could even get within 300 yards of his front porch...he is a Marine sniper after all.

If we did somehow manage to make it past his awesome skillz, I think once we came face to face with Loki we'd bow down in amazement at his pure awesomeness.

Columbine anyone?

.45Guy
February 22, 2009, 07:40 PM
!. Do you think capitilization of almost every word is used to imply anger but not quite shouting (that, of course, would be ALL CAPS!)? You know like a cold firm tone. The tone of a merciless killer.

Classic!

BullfrogKen
February 22, 2009, 07:50 PM
That action really ought to be taken, if at all, either by a bona fide current or former Marine sniper, by a current or former Marine, MAYBE by a graduate of the Army's B4 school, or by an owner or moderator of this board.

I've reached out to an organization of current and former Marines to help persuade this poser its not in his best interests to pretend to be a Marine sniper.

I'm not a former sniper. But I did serve under a Sgt in Cuba who was a former Recon Marine, and he had attended S/S school. I know enough about the Corps and our snipers to know there's no way in hell this character was either.

And if Any of Them want to Say something to me, they can Stand on My Front Porch, And Say it To My Face... And Then We'll see who Get's off the Porch Alive... Thank you.
danweasel,

Ask Loki for his address. Upstate New York isn't but a day trip from south central PA. Be happy to have a conversation . . .

The Deer Hunter
February 22, 2009, 07:56 PM
I don't understand why he capitalized the beginning of some of the words. What a weird dude.

.45Guy
February 22, 2009, 08:00 PM
I can't wait to get home and have a little chat with this guy. Darn Blue Coat web filter!!!

rc109a
February 22, 2009, 08:10 PM
He is just a kid running his mouth. We all can see that by now. It is his time and effort to produce those videos, so who cares. We don't have to watch them, but you have to admit it give us something to laugh and talk about.

The part that gets under my skin is his claiming to be in the Marines. That is an insult to an honorable profession.
What we have done is to create an internet moron who now can claim that he gets hundreds or thousands of views. That pushes these stupid little videos up on the list of popularity. That is exactly what he is trying to achieve. It’s not about the content, but the ratings. In his world that is golden. Just my .02

BullfrogKen
February 22, 2009, 08:20 PM
What we have done is to create an internet moron who now can claim that he gets hundreds or thousands of views.

There's a point in that.

But . . . THR is much more popular. His video may have a thousand views by now, but this thread is already running 2,800.

He can remove our comments from over there; what he can't do is erase them here. And we can expose and shame him here.

Yeah, he's just a silly kid. But he's claiming to be a Marine sniper, have gone to war, and killed people. Those of us who actually served don't take kindly to pretenders and posers, doubly so for those who have lost friends they served with and loved as casualties in war.

I'd put him up against a disabled, one-armed wounded female Marine and expect she'd wipe the floor with his butt without breaking a sweat.

fireman 9731
February 22, 2009, 08:23 PM
Maybe with his random capitalization he is typing some cryptic code... maybe there is a secret underlying message! Maybe its a conspiracy!:evil:

MAURICE
February 22, 2009, 08:48 PM
For the sake of everyone that lives near you, please do not cycle live rounds through that weapon. I also have a Remington model 700, and I assure you that you do not need to chamber a round to empty it from the rifle.

Thank you,
Maurice

highorder
February 22, 2009, 09:05 PM
For those that didn't look further: LOKI14127

14127 is the zip code for Orchard Park, NY. Its a suburb of Buffalo.

rc109a
February 22, 2009, 09:13 PM
Bullfrog
Don't you think that female marine would be overkill?
Having served like many of you, we all see our posers. We shut down the ones we can and inform others of the ones we cannot. In the end, our maker will be the judge. He also has a way of dealing with stupid people.

Now lets watch and see what happens next...hehe

skeet king
February 22, 2009, 09:22 PM
WOW

thats all i can say

He can't even use the correct terms, and i would immagine that a marine sniper from delta sniper company 1-2-3 (sounds like the combination on my luggage) would be able to name the parts of his rifle.

and i don't think a professional sniper would be caught dead with a toilet paper tube taped to his rifle.

2RCO
February 22, 2009, 09:30 PM
OKAY DON'T WATCH THE VIDEO--WE ARE GIVING THIS GUY WAY TOO MANY VIEWS!

Can someone make a YOUTUBE response video on why this guy is giving bad info!

gvnwst
February 22, 2009, 09:37 PM
Even if you do, he will delete it. I would love to go through his reply here sentence by sentence, but it is on page 2, and i feel it is a bit too old......:rolleyes:

P.S. This is funny, even if it is not meant so:D:D:D:D:D

Mal H
February 22, 2009, 09:46 PM
I'm afraid we're just wasting our time, energy, and system space on an internet poseur.

We've let this go long enough. I think he's gotten the idea that attempting to make those that have BTDT or those who support them believe his drivel will not be tolerated here.

Closed.

XavierBreath
February 23, 2009, 07:53 PM
I WIll Not Remove My Videos...Period.

It appears LOKI14127 has closed his YouTube account and removed his videos (http://www.youtube.com/index?ytsession=MNJIGaETkltx8YhYTXTwlDNXPNXRRQV26ZAy4zMZlTeYlmk2Daip-HpYwA_no4j4cVZblyBE_SmLDQ5JqieS-mdRRbXAjToXh0iLQ5BLaU14sLogLFk6XoXdq_6AyZTD7UHbWNXqDGxnZnmB0mgkDL1Oy53ica6a-V7CKY7fNVt3UD3tQSXXl-zQ_DuhfUBVdfN7kqTXNqMUqRJAlRKLdIeK0Suz-dkkIUjaYdXWRfJ7dTbzSMPAEEcTMs4BxJWQWn536jWp4WEzIPtHw8tC3Q).

Shame he chose to bluster and BS rather than come here to learn.

If you enjoyed reading about "I call bs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!