Where do I find 30 rnd mags for a glock 22 and how much?

PDA

shootistpd27
February 22, 2009, 12:41 AM
I have been looking for 30 rnd mags for my glock 22. I know they make them but I cant find out where to go to buy them. Anybody know where I can find them for sale.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where do I find 30 rnd mags for a glock 22 and how much?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
highorder
February 22, 2009, 12:43 AM
http://www.galatiinternational.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=GIO&Product_Code=SSG2940

http://www.topglock.com/item/42338_Scherer_High_Capacity_Magazine_Scherer_Extended_Magazine_for_Glock_40SW__Black__2.aspx

I hear they suck. YMMV.

hexidismal
February 22, 2009, 12:46 AM
What you're looking for are Scherer brand magazines. Also , the .40 caliber mags are 29 , not 30 rounds. I dont know of any 30rd G22 mags. That info may help your search.

EDIT: oh , highorder beat me to it. Anyway .. yes, as he mentioned QC is known to be spotty with them. As I understand it they are hard to find in stock lately. From all the complaints associated with them though , my best advice would just be to buy more 15s.

erict
February 22, 2009, 12:52 AM
The ones I have are 29 rounders made by Scherer. I can not get over 27 rounds in them though but I haven't had any issues at all with the reliability of them.

I have a couple of Scherer and Glock mags in 9 mil and the Glock ones are far superior in quality but I don't think Glock makes one for the .40 cal pistols.

shootistpd27
February 22, 2009, 12:53 AM
Thanks. Judging by its reviews I believe I will just buy more 15 rnd mags and practice my tactical reloading. I wonder why glock is not making these themsleves. I bet it is because there is probably no way to make a high cap mag like this function properly in a 40 cal.

erict
February 22, 2009, 12:54 AM
I think the Glock brand ones were for the G18's.

highorder
February 22, 2009, 12:56 AM
I wonder why glock is not making these themsleves.

Probably because its akward, impractical, and heavy.

Have you ever fired a Glock with a fully loaded extended magazine in place?

My experience (G17, 33 round factory magazine) quickly showed me that these mags are of no use.

Now in a Kel-tec carbine...

If you enjoyed reading about "Where do I find 30 rnd mags for a glock 22 and how much?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!