sling mount on DPMS Sportical 223

PDA

W L Johnson
February 22, 2009, 10:29 AM
Just got the DPMS Sportical 223 to add to my AR collection as a cheap knockabout plinker and I noticed there is no place to attach a sling on the front of the the rifle. Of all the ways to add a sling mount on the front what do you think is the best and cheapest way to add one? All my other AR's already have it and I have never had to consider adding one.

It's this one http://www.dpmsinc.com/firearms/firearm.aspx?id=54

thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "sling mount on DPMS Sportical 223" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
skidooman603
February 22, 2009, 05:18 PM
Get an inexpensive Quad Rail. Thats what I did with my DPMS Sportical. $50 and came with a free Forend grip. Combat Optical. Looks better than stock DPMS and you can attach a couple more DooDads if you feel the need.

W L Johnson
February 22, 2009, 08:58 PM
Well... quad rails are just not my thing, I like to leave my AR's largely untouched. (looks wise). I really would like something that doesn't change it too much.

thanks

IndianaBoy
February 22, 2009, 09:40 PM
Blackhawk makes a sling that wraps around standard handguards.

I have one. It's secure enough.

Evenflo76
February 23, 2009, 01:25 PM
I found a simple sling mount that uses a thru bolt and goes through the vent hole on the bottom of the handguard. I think it cost about $15

All u have to do is pull the handguard off, screw the swivel stud into the hole, and remount the handguard. sorry, no pics.

MidwayuSA part # is 111378

Evenflo76
February 23, 2009, 10:33 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=111378

Here is a hotlink for the part. 1 reviewer states that his Glacier Guard required a spacer. Mine did not. I have the Sportical as well.

W L Johnson
February 24, 2009, 08:20 AM
MidwayuSA part # is 111378

That's what I'm looking for, simple, cheap and doesn't change the looks too much.

thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "sling mount on DPMS Sportical 223" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!