Something that's not a gun rack but can function as one

PDA

willmartin
February 22, 2009, 01:46 PM
Hey everyone, well I'm moving to a bigger apartment with a real bedroom, yay. I have headspace above my bed. I'm looking for something that I can use to hang three long guns above the bed, vertically, (that won't come crashing down on us!) I'm wondering if there is something that doesn't primarily function as a gun rack, but would do the job. I'm thinking/hoping it may be cheaper if its an all-around rack. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Something that's not a gun rack but can function as one" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Duke of Doubt
February 22, 2009, 02:12 PM
Depending on how physically active you are asleep or with your paramour, you may want to reconsider the location of your arsenal.

willmartin
February 22, 2009, 02:16 PM
Duly noted. I would like to put it up somewhere in the bedroom though, where we sleep so they're essentially locked up at night. Not necessarily right above the bed.

jpwilly
February 22, 2009, 03:10 PM
This is a no brainer, Bike hangers would be perfect. Just screw them in! Put trigger locks on them!

sturmgewehr667
February 22, 2009, 03:19 PM
build one,

any half retarded monkey can. and, if you already have the tools, it should cost you less than $15

Cannonball888
February 22, 2009, 03:45 PM
I have headspace above my bed. I'm looking for something that I can use to hang three long guns above the bed.There's something called a headspace gage. It's used to measure headspace above a bed.

Killermonkey21
February 22, 2009, 06:42 PM
But only if you have a Browning M2 Sleep Comfort style bed!

mugsie
February 22, 2009, 07:13 PM
This should help - I was looking through the catalogs the other day and say a velcro type setup which hung from the gun safe door and held the pistols. being the cheap bastard I am, I went to Wal-Mart, purchased a shoe caddy for a couple of bucks, two screws to hold it up and perfect! It's made of a sorta fishnet type material, so I simply slip my handguns into the slots and it neatly stacks my guns in a neat verticle row. Works perfectly.

TheDriver
February 22, 2009, 07:22 PM
A couple of 2x4s and a length of 1" dowel should do it.....and you can stain it so it matches your dresser!

If you enjoyed reading about "Something that's not a gun rack but can function as one" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!