TNT Gun Oil - Anybody Heard Of This?

PDA

Captains1911
February 22, 2009, 03:47 PM
A local store swears by this stuff, I've been using it over a year for lubing my handguns and the high wear points on my ARs, they charge about $10 for this 2oz bottle, and it stays put pretty well and doesn't dry up. It's Teflon based, and is made in Stephens City, VA.

I can't find anything online about this stuff (i.e. reviews, experience, pros, cons, etc), and I was wondering if anybody here has ever used it and what they think.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/Captains1911/DSC00491.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "TNT Gun Oil - Anybody Heard Of This?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sharkhunter2018
February 22, 2009, 06:17 PM
I use that stuff. It's pretty good. I haven't seen it wear off during extended periods of firing.

I'm gonna take a guess and assume you found it at Loudoun Guns. am I right?

dobrzemetal
February 22, 2009, 06:30 PM
never heard of it before, I have had no problems with CLP or Rim oil though :)

Captains1911
February 22, 2009, 06:46 PM
Yup, Loudoun Guns

sharkhunter2018
February 22, 2009, 07:00 PM
IIRC, that stuff won't dilute if it comes in contact with water.

I believe that when a buddy of mine took a CCW class, it rained ALL day non stop. He had some on his 1911, which foamed up a lot, but did not water down.

Captains1911
February 22, 2009, 07:03 PM
dob....-
CLP is great for general cleaning purposes (not bore cleaning) and lubing parts that don't see hard wear, and is excellent for preventing corrosion, but I have yet to find one that provides quality lubrication that stays put on parts that really need it (i.e. AR-15 bolt carrier group).

Therefore, I feel the need to have a high quality lube in my kit, and am wondering if I should continue using this TNT stuff, or if there's something better.

sharkhunter2018
February 22, 2009, 07:28 PM
The stuff works well for me. And it's always stayed where I put it. I only use it on places like the bolt carriers and where the carriers ride along the receiver.

A bit of a note though, a little bit of that stuff will go quite a ways. One drop will pretty much cover all along the areas where the carrier rides.

dobrzemetal
February 22, 2009, 07:35 PM
Have you tried slide glide? Oils don't seem to stay in place no matter how quality they are, at least in my experience. Grease is the way to go.

Gunther
February 22, 2009, 09:38 PM
Try Mili-Tech, its great

ndh87
February 22, 2009, 11:57 PM
Sharkhunter already posted half my story. I shot my 5" Kimber for my CCW class. It poured down rain the whole time. I had TNT oil on my Kimber, the oil stayed on the slide rails and was still slick by the time we finished our 150 rounds. I use the stuff on all my guns now.

If you enjoyed reading about "TNT Gun Oil - Anybody Heard Of This?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!