BEST 9mm Concealed Carry Pistol

PDA

XDM1390
February 23, 2009, 01:33 AM
Ok lets here it!!! What is the best Concealed Carry Pistol?
What is it?
How do you carry it?
Why do you carry it?
What makes it any better to carry than another pistol?

If you enjoyed reading about "BEST 9mm Concealed Carry Pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
owlhoot
February 23, 2009, 03:30 AM
I assume that most people who carry a 9mm have selected the gun they consider to be the "best" CC pistol.

Pistols, and especially carry pistols, are all about compromise. In my case, I am willing to compromise on magazine capacity in favor of small size.

A person can compromise on any pistol characteristic except reliability.

So the best carry pistol is the one that most nearly meets your personal criteria for a carry gun.

CPshooter
February 23, 2009, 04:06 AM
For me, it's this one: H&K P2000sk 9mm (V2/LEM) with a flat magazine floorplate in place of the standard extended floorplate
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/TonyG749/photo-72.jpg

armoredman
February 23, 2009, 04:59 AM
CZ P01 and CZ PCR, excellent CCW sidearms, carried IWB, fit me like a glove, always work perfectly with factory ammo.

Shytheed Dumas
February 23, 2009, 06:11 AM
I'll be the first to jump in with the Kahr PM9. This was my fourth attempt at finding the perfect 9mm for CCW, and it was a huge success. It's so small and light that I forget it's there when I IWB or pocket carry, which covers my needs 99% of the time. Yes, the barrel is short, but Speer Gold Dot +P Short Barrel ammo makes up a lot of velocity ground, not to mention the fact that short barrels lend themselves so well to concealed carry. I have certainly heard that earlier PM9's had some issues, but I now have 300 rounds down the pipe on mine, and 100% of them have been 100% flawless. Who could ask for more?!?

strobro32
February 23, 2009, 07:06 AM
+1 on the Kahr pm9, but only after its 200 rd break-in.

distra
February 23, 2009, 07:06 AM
In 9mm I usually go with a G19, followed closely by BHP and soon to be CZ PCR. I just got the PCR this weekend, but I think it's going to be a fine CCW pistol.

bikerdoc
February 23, 2009, 07:12 AM
CZ 75 compact, carried 4 o clock Iwb

usp9
February 23, 2009, 07:52 AM
HK P2000SK. All others are mere pretenders.:neener:

geronimo509
February 23, 2009, 08:16 AM
For My best/favorite cc 9mm pistol. Hands down the Kahr MK9. It goes in my pocket when I cannot carry one of my .45's Sometimes I carry both. However, the MK9 is the only 9mm I have! lol

Quack
February 23, 2009, 08:57 AM
EMP. light, skinny, 1911. carry IWB @ 4 o' clock

WC145
February 23, 2009, 10:03 AM
BEST 9mm Concealed Carry Pistol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok lets here it!!! What is the best Concealed Carry Pistol?
What is it?
How do you carry it?
Why do you carry it?
What makes it any better to carry than another pistol?

My best/favorite 9mm is a revolver. I have a customized S&W Model 360 rechambered to 9x23, cylinder cut for moonclips, holes chamfered, action job, bobbed hammer, rounded/polished trigger, fiber optic front sight, Crimson Trace LG-105 grips.

I carry it lots of different ways - OWB, shoulder holster, pocket, ankle holster. It is my BUG when I'm on duty and it is my "all the time" gun when I'm not.

I carry it because it's small, light (13oz), has an incredible action, as accurate as it was with .38's, is super fast o reload with the moonclips, and always goes bang. Being a revolver I don't have to worry about common semi-auto failures - magazine issues, limp wristing, FTF's, FTE's, being out of battery, etc., etc. Also, since it's chambered for 9x23 I can shoot 9x23, .38 Super, 9x21, as well as regular 9mm (9x19). The Crimson Trace grips allow me to accurately put rounds on target even if I'm in a comprising position and cannot line up the sights as I normally would.

All of these things make it better to carry than any other pistol for me. BTW, I have several other 9mm's - Beretta Cougar, HK USP, Kahr CW9, Kel-tec SUB-2000. For all around, everyday, don't leave home without a gun carry, this S&W is the one for me.:D

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee17/wc145/gun1.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee17/wc145/gun5.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee17/wc145/gun6.jpg

Rob0811
February 23, 2009, 11:06 AM
My current fav is a SIG P6.

Reliable, thin, easy to conceal.

Jiml3
February 23, 2009, 11:45 AM
My first choice for deep concealment is the Kahr PM9. Second choice is the
CZ PCR. I'm more accurate and comfortable shooting the PCR but the Kahr conceals better.
Jiml3

bratch
February 23, 2009, 11:48 AM
Glock 19 or Kahr PM9 depending on carry conditions.

Pilot
February 23, 2009, 01:10 PM
Love my CZ-75D PCR. Its my daily carry.

Oh yeah, edited because I need to tell you why or I'm a bad poster.

Why a PCR?

Its lighter than a CZ Compac due to its alloy frame and therefore easier to carry.

Its relatively compact so easier to conceal than its full size brethren.

It sill holds 14 + 1 rounds of 9MM.

Its very accurate, so I can hit where I aim.

Its been 100% reliable so it gives me confidence it will work.

OK? :)

jon_in_wv
February 23, 2009, 06:30 PM
My regular companion for about 2 years has been my M&P 9C carried in a Peters Custom Holster on my strong side hip and a spare mag on my weak side. A few months ago I bought a H&K P7 and I have a Raven Phantom Kydex holster and a dual mag pouch from Don Hume ordered so I can begin to carry it. The M&P and P7 are both soft shooters but the P7 is SO accurate and so naturally pointable I can't resist it. I think a few months practice with the P7 and it will be an extremely effective defensive pistol. I is only slightly heavier than my M&P, especially fully loaded, and it is much slimmer. It also has a fuller grips and I really like the squeeze cocker for safety. I load both guns with Federal 124gr HSTs.

crebralfix
February 23, 2009, 07:01 PM
1) Glock 26 with Glock 19 magazines and an A&G grip adapter.
2) Glock 19
3) SIG P220
4) SIG P229
5) Browning Hi-Power
6) S&W M&P

Duke of Doubt
February 23, 2009, 07:13 PM
Beretta 92FS. Only 9mm I own, or am likely to own.

stormspotter
February 23, 2009, 07:18 PM
Cz p-01

CoRoMo
February 23, 2009, 07:19 PM
THE P11
http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/images/big/p11_01.jpg

deadhawg
February 23, 2009, 08:08 PM
What's best for me might not be best for you.

I like my PM9. Just about the smallest 9MM in every dimension you can find. After the 200 round break-in, mine has been 100% reliable for the last 1500 rounds.

But, my wife didn't like the PM9. She had a hard time racking the slide, and the recoil was more than she liked. She prefers her Glock 26.

My humble advice - hold and fire as many different guns that you think might work for YOU, and get the one that fits YOU the best.

Big Daddy Grim
February 23, 2009, 08:15 PM
S&W M&P 9mmc its small easy to conceal 13rds and I am very accurate with it.

searcher451
February 23, 2009, 08:47 PM
The Walther P99C with the AS trigger configuration in a High Noon IWB Split Decision holster is a tough combination to top.

9mmepiphany
February 23, 2009, 08:52 PM
i think the best CCW 9mm on the market today is the Springfield EMP, because it has the thinness and pointability of the 1911 design without being any larger than it needs to be to be effective (unlike the .45 sized 1911s). i'm comfortable with the cocked-n-locked design, but i don't recommend it for everyone...i grew up with it. this pistol is on my short list to get this year. it will replace what i considered the "best" before the EMP came on the market...thee H&K P-7.

the P7 is the all-around safest and easiest to use compact 9mm out there. it is thin, sits low in the hand, has a fixed barrel, is extremely accurate and reliable. it is the safest because if you happen to drop it, it safely decocks as it is released from your grasp, there is no safety or decocker to apply.

the best holster for my purposes is the Alessi CQC/s. the OWB holster carries the gun high and close to the body. the wide spread loops balance the weight and the snaps make it easy to put on and take off.

an advantage of both these guns have, besides being accurate and reliable, is that they are also nice to look at

Shadan7
February 23, 2009, 09:32 PM
"Best?" No one such gun. Not even for just me - it depends on a number of things. For greatest concealment, my Rohrbaugh R9. For good capacity in a small package, my Steyr S9. For reaching out and touching someone beyond usual pistol range, my KT Sub2K (folding carbine :evil: ).

YMMV, and probably does.

Weedy
February 23, 2009, 09:44 PM
WC145 mentioned the Kahr CW9, which is what I carry, and I LOVE it! Its just a little bigger than the PM9, to where it feels more like a "normal" sized handgun to me. It's had about 500 rounds through it so far and the only malfunction occurred when my girlfriend limp-wristed it. I carry it in a waistband type holster right in the front of my pants, and I can do this with just cargo shorts and a t-shirt and nobody is the wiser. Great gun, at least for me!

Karate
February 23, 2009, 11:12 PM
Beretta 92
Sometimes a Kahr pm9
Carry the 92 at 4oclock in either a Elpaso Street Combat or if warm weather a Bianchi Pistol Pocket IWB
Kahr in my pocket

Big Bill
February 23, 2009, 11:18 PM
Kahr PM9 is also my choice.

Tirod
February 24, 2009, 02:53 PM
It's the HK P7.

It's the best because 1) it doesn't have a barrel flopping around inside, making it more accurate, 2) it has the lowest barrel height available, which makes targeting easier, 3) it has enough ammo for the average CCW encounter, and doesn't need more, 4) encourages practice because it makes the shooter look good, 5) has one of the smallest profiles vs. barrel lengths, 6) is easily carried concealed, 7) is inherently safer in a gun grab because the offender rarely understands how to work it 8) uses a well made magazine with no aftermarket cheap copies to degrade reliability, 9) has superb fit and finish functioning, where it counts, 10) is largely available right now as a proven, broken in, and highly reliable shooter used by professionals.

If you don't agree, well, there are so many who aren't professional enough to use it . . .:evil:

9mmepiphany
February 24, 2009, 03:13 PM
uses a well made magazine with no aftermarket cheap copies to degrade reliability

i only wish this were true, there actually are Pro Mags made for the P7M8...when you're counting on a gun for SD, why would you go cheap on mags. new ones are available for about $50

has one of the smallest profiles vs. barrel lengths

i almost forgot about this. unlike most of it's compact competitors, the P7 has a 4" barrel...just like the much larger Sig 229 or Glock 19

Katana8869
February 24, 2009, 04:07 PM
For my use I would have to go with the G19. I like the G26 but my hands are better suited to the G19's longer grip. My 19 has never let me down and I have complete faith in it. I carry mine IWB at 3 o'clock. It doesn't do too bad at the range either. ;)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f201/katana8869/0024.jpg

Lonestar.45
February 24, 2009, 04:13 PM
Kahr PM9 for me. Carried IWB in a High Noon Hidden Ally.

Yes I like the Glocks, and others. But 9mm, CCW gun, calls for something small and thin.

crew
February 24, 2009, 05:57 PM
IMHO I love the walther pps 9 mm. 8+1 and the slimmest most concealable comfortable best shooting concealable 9 mm I have owned.

Love the glock 19 but not small enough for everyday CCW for me

I like the kahr, except for the trigger pull and feel. not right for me

Lefty Wright
February 24, 2009, 08:46 PM
Sometimes an M&P 9C IWB, sometimes an S&W 637 pocket or IWB, but I never go anywhere without a KelTec P32.

Guns and more
February 24, 2009, 09:20 PM
I vote Kahr PM-9. You'll carry it more since it's smaller and lighter.

WRGADog
February 24, 2009, 09:24 PM
a Kahr PM9, Walther PPS 9mm, and S&W 340PD 357 mag. The Kahr is a great pocket pistol, light weight, accurate and dependable after the break in period. I have put 500 rounds through mine and it has performed perfectly. The PPS is very slim but a bit heavier, and is extremely accurate. I usually carry IWB. I have put about 600 rounds through the PPS and it too has performed perfectly. The 340PD is lightest weight of the three and the most brutal to shoot, but it is wonderful to carry at only 12 ounces.

gglass
February 24, 2009, 09:44 PM
Kahr PM9
Walther PPS

JustinL
February 24, 2009, 09:54 PM
Gosh, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Sig P239. Now my experience is probably more limited than most here, but I have nothing but praise for mine. I carry in a dominant hip pancake holster.

PhillyGlocker
February 24, 2009, 10:01 PM
The Glock 26
The Glock 19

The End!

skoro
February 25, 2009, 09:22 AM
The 9mm I carry is a Kel-Tec PF-9. Is it ideal for everyone? Of course not. Serves my purpose almost perfectly though. I have other 9mm pistols that I like much more. But not for carrying. ;)

DAdams
February 25, 2009, 11:44 AM
You want to pocket carry your choices are limited.

If you IWB or OWB your universe increases to some of the above ie. HK9c, Walther P99c, etc.

WC has a nice pocket snub.

My choice in a pocket device. PM9.

wheelgunslinger
February 25, 2009, 11:50 AM
Oh, yay. This again.
You'll get 3 responses
1. snark
2. Use what I use cause it's what I use cause it's what I use, so use it.
3. Here's what I use, and here's why.

#3's are important. The rest are buffer material.

My favorte concealed 9mm is the CZ-PCR.
It's design fits my hand very well. It functions properly. It's something I can buy good leather for without having to have it custom made. It's accurate. It's well made.
It conceals well. It's light. It's not super expensive.
That's about it.

DawgFvr
February 25, 2009, 07:03 PM
Duty pistol is the G17...but I find the G26 to be the perfect carry weapon.

I usually use a MTAC but, on occassion, I will use a Rusty Sherrick High Ride:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e61/DawgFvr/Glock/MTAC2.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e61/DawgFvr/Glock/HighRide4.jpg

DAdams
February 25, 2009, 08:28 PM
I almost forget....the ubiquitous Snark 9c What was I thinking, the hands down winner. :D

Oh, yay. This again.
You'll get 3 responses
1. snark
2. Use what I use cause it's what I use cause it's what I use, so use it.
3. Here's what I use, and here's why.

#3's are important. The rest are buffer material.

twofourthree73
February 25, 2009, 10:45 PM
For reliability, light weight, plus plenty of fire power, glock 26 gets my vote.

jon_in_wv
February 28, 2009, 01:20 PM
If it isn't the best, its damn close.

Bob79
February 28, 2009, 04:14 PM
Glock 26. You get 11 rounds of 9mm in a small, reliable, and lightweight package.

AKElroy
February 28, 2009, 04:29 PM
Glock 27; 10 rounds of 165 grn Gold Dot Doubletaps, Novak / trijicon low mounts, glockmeister stainless guide rod & extended slide release, pachmayer slip on, pierce extenders. I pocket carry in a Desantis Nemesis holster. The PERFECT carry package. When the pocket isn't big enough, I switch to a S&W 340 .357 loaded with .38 spl + P's. I always pack a spare mag or speedloader in the off pocket.

higene
February 28, 2009, 04:39 PM
Firestar by Star. It's 1911 pattern. It's heavy (light 9's do snort). I put trjicon night sights on mine and had Mag-Na-Port port it through the slide. What I like best about it, is that you can cock an empty gun, put the safety on, put the clip in, rack the slide, and you have a cocked and locked 1911 pattern 9mm ready for your holster of choice.

The only thing I don't like is that they have a pinned trigger not a slide like a 1911. It is easy to pull your shots low. When my wife shoots It's kinda funny. When she brings the target in she has 7 clustered neatly in the groin area. That really makes the guys cring.

Higene:

rovieairto
February 28, 2009, 05:28 PM
One more vote for the Kahr PM-9.

sohcgt2
March 1, 2009, 09:35 AM
I think the best 9mm carry pistol is the Glock G22.

chupacabrah
March 1, 2009, 10:45 AM
I like my G26, but I also love my kel-tec P-11.

Also, like my Model 36 .38.

It just depends on the situation, mood, person, etc. lots of variables.

Guillermo
March 1, 2009, 12:34 PM
+1 for the PM9

benderx4
March 1, 2009, 04:03 PM
+10 for the HK P7M8

golden
March 1, 2009, 05:21 PM
I have a KAHR CW9 and it KICKS!

I have fired about 180 rounds through it and have not decided if I will keep it or not. It is very compact and light and accurate for the size, but no fun to shoot, at least to me.

I may or may not keep it, so the moral is to try it, f you can before you buy it.

I may go with a slightly larger 9m.m. for carry. I usually use a WALTHER P-99, H&K P2000 or BERETTA 92 for my concealled carry and enjoy shooting all of them.

The metal framed KAHR'S would not have this problem, but are as heavy as the larger pistols which defeats the purpose to me.

Jim

PhillyGlocker
March 1, 2009, 07:58 PM
Anything Glock

Maxamillion5
March 1, 2009, 09:10 PM
Springfield EMP

bcrowl
March 2, 2009, 09:44 AM
Kahr CW9 IWB 4 oclock

RippinSVT
March 2, 2009, 10:02 AM
HK P7M8 or Rohrbaugh R9S.

Hands down.

BushyGuy
September 20, 2009, 09:37 PM
i did some research on buying the safest carry gun while chambered is the Ruger SR9 with the new safety trigger and it also has a ambi safety switch so it has double safety feature .

ttheel
September 20, 2009, 09:44 PM
I am considering the purchase of a Kahr PM9 tomorrow afternoon. I have whittled my list for concealed carry down to the PM9 and the Ruger LCP, one of which I am going to be walking home with tomorrow. I am leaning toward the Kahr because of it being a 9mm. My primary reason for considering these two is that I want something that will be easy enough to carry that I am not tempted to leave it at home as I do my current handguns.

Girodin
September 20, 2009, 10:14 PM
i did some research on buying the safest carry gun while chambered is the Ruger SR9 with the new safety trigger and it also has a ambi safety switch so it has double safety feature .

There are many designs that are perfectly safe given a proper holster and proper gun handling. Barring those two things no gun is going to be safe to carry.

What exactly makes the SR9 the safest? An XD has a trigger safety and a grip safety, an EMP has a grip safety and a thumb safety are they not doubly safe too.

I have carried a kahr, glocks, a sig, a LCP and revolvers (amongst others) no of those had safeties (glocks trigger safety aside). The are all perfectly safe given a holster and proper gun handling.

Rob0811
September 21, 2009, 04:17 PM
When I do carry 9mm, I go with my SIG P6, it's small enough to conceal well, but delivers full-sized performance.

LeverGunJunkie
September 21, 2009, 04:26 PM
Nothing against the others stated...but I vote for the KT PF-9 or P-11. Kel Tec has managed to bring Value, reliability, and good customer service together.

Ben86
September 21, 2009, 04:54 PM
Glock 19

Usual mode of carry: Outside waistband under loose button up shirt(most comfortable), or IWB(most uncomfortable) if its a polo shirt using my blade-tech holster. Although I hate sharing my pants with that hunk of metal, or any gun for that matter.

I like the Glock 19 because it is concealable, but still of substantial size.

Schofield3
September 21, 2009, 04:58 PM
:banghead:

LancerMW
September 21, 2009, 05:03 PM
Kahr PM9 IWB

red rick
September 21, 2009, 05:48 PM
Kahr P9.

Girodin
September 21, 2009, 07:27 PM
When I do carry 9mm, I go with my SIG P6, it's small enough to conceal well, but delivers full-sized performance.

Nothing wrong with the P6 per se but it is basically the same size as a glock 19 but heavier and holds roughly half as many rounds. If I wanted something that was 7+1 I would carry my Kahr K9. It is smaller, slimmer, and ligher than the sig. The sigs only real advantage would come in price. Some might say DA/SA is an advantage (while others would call it a liability) for me that points a wash.

EOD Guy in VA
September 21, 2009, 07:38 PM
1. S&W M&P9c
2. IWB @ 4 o’clock
3. Personal protection, of course
4. 12+1 capacity, 100% reliable, accurate, interchangeable grip backstraps make it extremely comfortable, good trigger with short re-set.

ChCx2744
September 22, 2009, 12:12 AM
Glock 26 and Kahr PM9

GBExpat
September 22, 2009, 08:16 AM
I own a couple of dozen assorted handguns, big & small, and I carry a Kel-Tec PF-9 everyday. It rides very comfortably in the rear pocket of my 501s and I have found it to be accurate & reliable.

RX-178
September 22, 2009, 08:34 AM
I like my Kel-Tec PF-9. I think it's a remarkably versatile weapon for its price, and mine has never shown any signs of being unreliable.

Inexpensive, fires full power 9x19mm, a perfectly respectable 7+1 capacity. I keep an Insight M6X light/laser on it, mainly because it makes the weapon print 'cell phone' or 'wallet' in my pocket, rather than 'gun'. With the light on it, it's also a reasonable home defense weapon as well. I think it's some of the best bang for the buck in the firearms world.

Mike OTDP
September 22, 2009, 10:35 AM
I think the Rohrbaugh R9S has a lot going for it. Principally size. It's a true pocket pistol...which means that you can stuff it in your pocket and nobody will notice. A big edge.

easyg
September 22, 2009, 12:03 PM
Unless you simple MUST have an autoloader....

Taurus 905

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/allenXdog/HPIM5676.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/allenXdog/HPIM5678.jpg

surfinUSA
September 22, 2009, 08:48 PM
G26 or S&W 3913

Dr_2_B
September 22, 2009, 10:38 PM
I have a Kahr and it's great, but I'm surprised at how well represented it is here.

ElkSmoker
September 23, 2009, 08:26 PM
Walther PPS stoked with Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr. Insanely accurate, utterly reliable, super thin, and comfortable in my High Noon pocket holster. Over the last few months, this has turned into my favorite range gun. Thinking about a .40...might as well have the whole set.

Amacro
September 23, 2009, 08:56 PM
Rohrbaugh R9S is my vote!

bill.l.johnson
September 23, 2009, 11:27 PM
Another P-11 fan. 20 ounces with 10+1:)

musicman
September 24, 2009, 09:44 AM
For me, if I'm carrying a 9mm it is for ease and comfort, otherwise I would carry my 45's.

Having said that, (price aside) the R9 is THE choice for me with the Kahr Pm9 in a close second.

Thaddeus Jones
September 24, 2009, 09:51 AM
S&W 3913. Light weight, slim, accurate and boringly reliable. it doesn't get any better than that in a single stack 9mm carry gun.

RobO9mm
September 24, 2009, 05:29 PM
see next post

RobO9mm
September 24, 2009, 05:36 PM
I was considering a 327 mag revolver to add to my Kel Tec PF9 and Ruger P95, but the photos of easyg's Taurus 905 have me thinking....
But I don't see a half moon clip in the photos, which I think is faster than a speedloader. Another 9mm in my small but growing collection means one caliber of ammo to look for, too. Something that accepts a crimson trace laser is a must, also.

cubesmoothie
September 24, 2009, 05:45 PM
Kel-tec PF-9. Since i bought this lovely little gun, the taurus .40 cal has stayed in my bedroom drawer. I just stick it in my pocket for carry, and yes it is small enough for anyone to do that. Depending on where im going, i normally just load the magazine into it and dont calk the gun back. Feels no different than carrying a nokia phone in ur pocket =)

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/kel-tec_pf9-1.jpg

GBExpat
September 24, 2009, 09:44 PM
Same here but I modded mine a tad:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/Jungesblut/Stuff/PF9Mods1.jpg

nwilliams
September 24, 2009, 10:13 PM
My vote goes to the S&W 3914 and family...

IMHO one of the greatest 9mm's every built.

Here's my 3914 with Safariland IWB holster. I carry it every day and it's one of those guns I'll never part with.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/nwilliams27/3914-4.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/nwilliams27/3914-6.jpg

ohioshooter
September 24, 2009, 10:47 PM
glock 19 in a shirt holster that holds 3 extra mags.

RobO9mm
September 28, 2009, 12:50 AM
After doing some research, I found that the Taurus 905 revolver uses full moon clips ( which I really like, faster reloads than using speedloaders) and there are 2 C/T lasergrips available for it. Thanks, easyg for posting the photos, now if I can only convince the wife we need it! She wants a Bersa 380, but 380 ammo is still hard to find here in Reno, 9mm a little easier to find.

strobro32
November 10, 2009, 06:51 PM
I'm going to put a another vote on my PM9.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2595/4090642239_1777cc9409.jpg

saturno_v
November 10, 2009, 07:17 PM
Define "best".....even a big Beretta 92 is a gun you can use as CCW but.....

Best accuracy??
Best quality??
Best capacity??
Best concealment??

My opinion on the matter is:

My "big" carry piece is a 40 S&W no reason to go 9 mm for a full size pistol

Once you decide to go 9, just get the smallest, quality, reasonable priced hangun you can....I trade power for better concealment....IMHO I do not see a reason to carry a full size 9mm with all the excellent 40 and 45 choices around.

Based on the criteria, you cannot beat the Kel-Tec P-11 or a PF-9

My P-11...12 + 1 rounds of +P rock and roll...$260 out of the door....:D....fits perfectly in my pocket in any occasions..

http://public.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pSA39M68_sTadlkNPyBD-08T7VS0APshDTPu8qB7M2wZ0fvVv8fGwEksP_hcZp0lMTlepT_ySoMm97beeWAQpBQ/P-11%20nightstand.jpg

iwilc2
November 10, 2009, 07:39 PM
S&W M&P 9mm compact in a Don Hume IWB

Len

IdahoLT1
November 10, 2009, 08:39 PM
I carry a Kahr CW9 IWB on my right hip. Im very confident with the 9mm. modern hollow points have come along way and anymore its about placement rather than size or power(with the main 3 calibers)

The Kahr CW9 fits well into almost anyones budget ~$425 NIB and is smaller and lighter in almost every dimension compared to the XD SC and G26. Biggest plus for me is its width at .9". It hardly prints, if at all. Some will agrue capacity, but statisticall(especially here) i will never have to use it. If i carry it 24/7, 365 for the next 40 years, i want a comfortable gun. 7+1 is still plenty of firepower.

http://i29.tinypic.com/apfbf6.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2je6491.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/160to5j.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/xoqsut.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/t6b71i.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/16099no.jpg

arizona98tj
November 10, 2009, 09:19 PM
I'm using a PM9 in a High Noon OWB holster. Love it. It is light weight, no profile, smooth DAO trigger, with very manageable recoil. Don't know if it is the best but I've no reason to try and find something better.

bdb benzino
November 11, 2009, 12:30 AM
I just got a Kahr CW9 and all I can say is wow!! I normally dont like polymer striker fired pistols, this one is a real treat to CCW!!:cool:

easyg
November 11, 2009, 10:46 AM
After doing some research, I found that the Taurus 905 revolver uses full moon clips ( which I really like, faster reloads than using speedloaders) and there are 2 C/T lasergrips available for it. Thanks, easyg for posting the photos, now if I can only convince the wife we need it! She wants a Bersa 380, but 380 ammo is still hard to find here in Reno, 9mm a little easier to find.
Thanks!

I think that it's a great little snubbie.

It is just a tad heavy for its size, being all steel, but that also reduces the felt recoil quite a bit.

And one more thing....
Yep, it does have full moon-clips with it, but it will still work without them (you just have to manually remove the empty casings with a pencil).

BlayGlock
November 11, 2009, 10:57 AM
My vote for IWB carry would be the Kahr CW9. Its accurate, reliable, inexpensive, very slim so that it is comfortable to carry, has a grip that even large hands can get a hold of, and a very nice trigger. IMHO you are really hard pressed to find a better combination of reliability, shoot-ability, concealability, and value.

I recently picked up a Kahr MK9. I went with it instead of the PM9 because of its weight. The PM9 is very light, but looses some controlability-nothing that practice cannot overcome. The MK9 is easier to control in rapid fire, and I honestly do not notice the extra heft, even in the pocket its fine to me.

jerico34
November 11, 2009, 12:13 PM
S&W M&P 9mm compact in a Don Hume IWB

Len
For iwilc2:
Which Don Hume are you using and what is the approximate cant?
My carry license is "in the mail" and I still haven't been able to decide on a holster but have been leaning toward an IWB. Probably, Don Hume, Crossbreed or MTAC.

I would welcome input from others who carry the M&P9c also!

Revolver Ocelot
November 11, 2009, 02:10 PM
pf9, I find it to be the easiest to carry atleast, "what defines a gun as "best" depends on a whole number of things dependant of the person.

strobro32
January 10, 2010, 12:13 PM
Here is my new combo. Kahr PM9 + Poseidon suppressor.
http://www.youtube.com/user/mstrombe#p/u/6/njvQbFMkqQk

Here is a size comparison with the G19/ SWR Trident.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2684/4262532821_c98911b056_b.jpg

NinjaFeint
January 10, 2010, 01:29 PM
Ok lets here it!!!
What is the best Concealed Carry Pistol? Whatever you conceal and shoot well.
What is it? Kahr PM9
How do you carry it? IWB or in jacket pocket w/ Uncle Mike's pocket holster size 4
Why do you carry it? I can shoot it accurately and conceal it easily. Mine has been 100% reliable and even slingshots on a full mag with Corbon DPX which is my preferred defense round (Kahr complaint for some).
What makes it any better to carry than another pistol? It works for me. I would have trouble concealing the thickness of a Glock 26 with my dress style and the PF9 is rough to shoot. I picked it up slightly used for $500ish with Meprolights so it fit into my budget.

Hope this answers your questions but the it works for me part is the key here.

chuck pullen
January 10, 2010, 07:23 PM
1. Glock 19
2. SW 3914
3. Kel Tec P11

WRGADog
January 10, 2010, 07:56 PM
Kahr PM9 or Walther PPS

hondyboy
March 25, 2010, 11:53 PM
Taurus 709 Slim. I've seen poor reviews, but mine carries extremely well in a Crossbreed Minituck, shoots accurately, and mine has been very reliable over several hundred rounds. Plus, I can buy a primary and a backup for the price of a Kahr.

smoothdraw
March 26, 2010, 08:50 PM
Glock 19 or S&W M&P 9mm. for me.

But i carry commander 1911 in 45ACP.

If you enjoyed reading about "BEST 9mm Concealed Carry Pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!