Freezebyte
February 23, 2009, 02:08 AM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m1/Phantron/gifs/04323.gif

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m1/Phantron/gifs/03322.gif
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m1/Phantron/bloodbar.gif

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m1/Phantron/XDm/fatality.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m1/Phantron/XDm/fatality1.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m1/Phantron/XDm/fatility3.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "100 rounds of 9mm vs Dell PC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ThrottleJockey
February 23, 2009, 02:14 AM
It's a dell, probably works better now! Next time, try some tannerite.

HeavenlySword
February 23, 2009, 02:15 AM
lol freeze

kiko1
February 23, 2009, 02:16 AM
I've often wanted to do that to MY PC!

Vonderek
February 23, 2009, 07:41 AM
After my Dell's hard drive failed for the third time I was nowhere near a range so I put mine out of its misery with a gladius.

Bill2e
February 23, 2009, 08:10 AM
Great victory against the Dell PC bandit attack, glad you made it out in one piece:neener:

Nothing better than the plinking range, we had to to fend of the attack of 24 hard charging (aggitated & shaken) soda cans and bunch of clay pigions yesterday.:D

Glad to report we made home in one piece, can't say the same for the soda's & Clays.

Hostile Amish
February 23, 2009, 08:17 AM
Shoulda used a .50

I_AM_LEGEND
February 23, 2009, 09:05 AM
nice, shoulda busted out the shotty to finish it off... I've had a few computers I've wanted to do that too.

The Lone Haranguer
February 23, 2009, 09:07 AM
If you had used .45 that thing would be vaporized. :neener:

wyocarp
February 23, 2009, 09:11 AM
I have just one question. Did the rage start at home?

I've always wanted to just blast the tv, and I would but then I'd have to clean up the mess.

Too bad they don't have a range at the landfill.

Mr. Bojangles
February 23, 2009, 09:27 AM
Hoooorrrrayyyyyyyy. Me hates computers.

heron
February 23, 2009, 10:07 AM
I took the hard drive out of my last computer and gently massaged it with some .22 magnum and .38 special.

Deanimator
February 23, 2009, 10:10 AM
It's probably as reliable now as it was when it left the factory...

KC0QGL
February 23, 2009, 10:20 AM
Do you feel better now?

sharkhunter2018
February 23, 2009, 10:28 AM
Good riddance. Should have shot it with something bigger :evil:

statelineblues
February 23, 2009, 10:52 AM
I'd contact Dell and see if they'll fix it under warrenty...:D

TRGRHPY
February 23, 2009, 10:53 AM
Is that how you defeat hackers?

cpaspr
February 23, 2009, 10:57 AM
Since the motherboard is on the left (as viewed from the front), that appears to have been a fairly new computer. Wasn't worth upgrading, selling, fixing, giving away?

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
February 23, 2009, 11:03 AM
If it was an A10 warthog, it'd still run!

gvnwst
February 23, 2009, 11:06 AM
Niiiiceeee. WIsh i could do something like that, but my computer cost too much...:(:D

Claude Clay
February 23, 2009, 11:16 AM
my dell looks much like that and its never been shot

Freezebyte
February 23, 2009, 11:18 AM
Since the motherboard is on the left (as viewed from the front), that appears to have been a fairly new computer. Wasn't worth upgrading, selling, fixing, giving away?

Its the odd Intel BTX form factor that they were trying to shove down the industries throught back in 2005 when that computer was made. That model from Dell already had its mobo replaced once under warranty a year before. Even the Dell tech that came out said that if it did it again, just replace the whole thing. Wouldn't you know it, and it began to overheat and randomly reset and restart AGAIN in Dec. Even after four hours of working on the damn thing, I had no luck. At times like that, you cut your loses and move on. Technology move so fast that it boils down to cost vs loss. In this case, with no warranty and the price to even think of getting an new mobo, a new computer with warranty was the best option

mossberg
February 23, 2009, 11:35 AM
That's awesome. I thought that 100 rounds of 9mm was costing as much as a computer these days:o

Quoheleth
February 23, 2009, 11:41 AM
Now *THAT* is how to remove a virus!!!

TVs/monitors are lots of fun to kill, but do it somewhere where glass shrapnel isn't a problem. THe first shot creates an explosion from the picture tube that's near .38 Special levels.

Q

Ed Ames
February 23, 2009, 11:49 AM
A trip to the desert with a box of hard drives and an old PC taught me the value of slugs. Next best were the rifles. Handguns (as you can see in those pictures) are not very effective against computers and shot (including buck) just dented sheetmetal.

The real world is educational.

Deanimator
February 23, 2009, 12:57 PM
Its the odd Intel BTX form factor that they were trying to shove down the industries throught back in 2005 when that computer was made. That model from Dell already had its mobo replaced once under warranty a year before.
About five years ago, their quality control went straight down the toilet. One of my customers was a VERY expensive clothing store on the eastern suburbs of Cleveland (think $150 mens belts). It was a very machine friendly environment, not exactly a cement testing lab. They had some of the very small workstations which use laptop parts. I must have replaced two motherboards and several power supplies in six months. I saw the same thing all over the place. One machine didn't last long enough to install software.

I'd never buy a Dell now, at least not without the higher level service agreements.

fatelk
February 23, 2009, 02:23 PM
Kudos for picking up the remains, instead of just leaving them lie like a lot of people do.

Where I go to shoot sometimes on public land I see all kinds of shot up trash littering the place; makes me mad.

Freezebyte
February 23, 2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah, thats just plain irresponsible

colorado_handgunner
February 24, 2009, 12:26 AM
Would love to do that. I did take a blowtorch to an old hard drive though! :fire::D:fire: That was fun!!

flrfh213
February 24, 2009, 12:34 AM
redneck upgrade, at no extra charge...

jakk280rem
February 24, 2009, 01:22 AM
this is the third such "look at me, i shot my computer" thread i've seen in recent memory. i gotta say, there are better ways to expend ammo, better targets, and better more earth friendly ways to discard a used computer. i'm no hippie tree hugger, but with all the toxic junk, and valuable materials in an old pc, there has got to be a better way. it just seems a bit sophmoric to me, maybe i dont get it.

zombienerd
February 24, 2009, 03:08 AM
I would have saved the power supply :P Maybe I'm just too geeky :)

Edit: The DVD Drive and the Floppy too :)

starboard
February 24, 2009, 03:15 AM
About five years ago, their quality control went straight down the toilet. One of my customers was a VERY expensive clothing store on the eastern suburbs of Cleveland (think $150 mens belts). It was a very machine friendly environment, not exactly a cement testing lab. They had some of the very small workstations which use laptop parts. I must have replaced two motherboards and several power supplies in six months. I saw the same thing all over the place. One machine didn't last long enough to install software.

Dirty power? Static issues due to low humidity? I'm no fan of Dell, but that seems suspicious...

starboard
February 24, 2009, 03:19 AM
this is the third such "look at me, i shot my computer" thread i've seen in recent memory. i gotta say, there are better ways to expend ammo, better targets, and better more earth friendly ways to discard a used computer. i'm no hippie tree hugger, but with all the toxic junk, and valuable materials in an old pc, there has got to be a better way. it just seems a bit sophmoric to me, maybe i dont get it.

Right you are. ;)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/06/60minutes/main4579229.shtml

Ed Ames
February 24, 2009, 04:53 AM

I don't think you've thought it through.

Unless you are negligent you are going to destroy at least parts of old computers before disposal. Failure to destroy can lead to data breaches with ID theft and other implications. It is just plain irresponsible to dispose of an intact hard drive.

Computer shredders are EXPENSIVE. I've seen people fiddle around with screwdrivers and hammers...it works but what a waste of time. Some people use backyard charcoal grills. Most people fall back to warehousing... at one point I had a box with 50lbs of old hard drives and I'm far from unique. I don't know of any computer literate person who doesn't have at least a few old hard drives stored away, remnants from computers they no longer use.

It makes sense, both financially and environmentally, to combine computer disposal with other activities like shooting.

It is also educational. Ballistic gel has nothing on a 12" stack of hard drives. Brings a new meaning to "penetration testing."

bannockburn
February 24, 2009, 10:52 AM
I guess I've never been incensed enough, or had any serious hardware issues, that I felt inclined to ventilate any computer I've owned. But there are times when punching holes in paper targets does get a little boring. So for those times, I would prefer to shoot at water-filled plastic bottles, jugs, and cans, as well as the occasional bowling pin, over anything else.

Mp7
February 24, 2009, 10:53 AM
if i do that with my boss and post it on the web, itīs a crime, right??

:)

shotgunjoel
February 24, 2009, 09:09 PM
I had a job a couple of years ago working with computers at a high school over the summer. We got in all new machines so we were trashing something like 150 old computers. Now my boss of course thought that all of those 128MB Ram cards and such were worth saving, but there were still plenty of empty cases to shoot. Some of the cases were shaped like a tall C l____l (just the top of the case, not the whole thing), they stood up on their own and were great targets. I shot one up so bad with a .22, a S&W 442, and an SKS that you could put your fist through the middle. I also put a "J" for Joel in one. Makes a nice conversation starter. :D

TRGRHPY
February 25, 2009, 04:53 AM

Ummm, no I guess that you don't get it...and you don't get how hypocritical your unnecessary response to a rather harmless and amusing thread is. When you refer to "all that toxic junk" are you referring to the poisonous fumes and lead coming from your firearm? And I suppose that your paper targets are no longer made from trees? And what about our natural resources (oil) that you waste lubing your firearm and the toxic chemicals that you use to clean your firearm? And the materials that your ammo comes packaged in such as plastic, more tree material, styrofoam, etc.? Those are some things related just to firearms. What if someone dug through your garbage at your home and then interupted a conversation that you were having so that they could tell you how sophmoric they think your activities are compared to the materials they're comprised of?

The op started a thread meant to be amusing and light-hearted and you had to come in and pee in his Cheerios...and for what exactly? Dude, go to the range and shoot off a few rounds and relax....and take a computer with you, it might be more fun than you think.

shotgunjoel
February 25, 2009, 09:52 PM
TRGRHPY, bravo!

edSky
February 25, 2009, 09:58 PM
If the OP is doing requests, plug the next one in. I'd like to see some zorch marks on it. It looks to clean to have been fun. Puffs of smoke and the smell of burning circuits only adds to the excitement. Or so I've been told. :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "100 rounds of 9mm vs Dell PC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!