Sig Sights

PDA

MeanGreenZ71
February 23, 2009, 02:56 PM
I purchased a Sig P6/225 a few months back and have put probably 600 rounds through it so far (I know I wish I had more time to shoot :() and I absolutely love it. Its a great little 9mm that hasnt had one hiccup yet! The only thing that is less than desirable is the sights. It has the factory all black sights and I cant shoot with them at all. I have shot numerous other guns with white dot sights or night sights and I get on target faster and I am able to aim better.

My gun came with #6 rear and #8 front sights. I have done some searching and have found that most 9mm sigs come with #8 sights both F and R. I dont necessarily care to spend $100 or so on night sights so I was hoping to find some Sig factory "line and dot" sights to replace mine. I can get a Gunsmith's set of factory sights cheap like this here. (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/sig8sisetgus.html) If I use this kit I would probably have to step the front sight down to a 7 and the rear down to a 7 also. Would this mess up my POI? How do the numbers work? If this isnt a good option, what are some options for me?

Thanks in advance.

Also, is there a spring available to lighten the double action trigger pull? If so can someone post a link to what spring I need?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PO2Hammer
February 23, 2009, 05:13 PM
With Sig sights, the higher the number, the higher the point of impact (POI) will be.

At 25 yards:

Rear sights move POI up ~2" with each increase in number.

Front sights will move POI up ~1" for each number higher.

So if you went with a #7 front and a #7 rear, you would raise POI by 1" at 25 yards.

CDNN has a ver limited supply of sight numbers, if you can't find what you need, I might be able to help you. I was going to sell all my Sig acsessories in one lump (layed off, had to sell), but if you need a particular sight number, PM me.

New ones can be found at Midway or the Sig store, but they are rediculously expensive.

PO2Hammer
February 23, 2009, 05:37 PM
Here's the chart for Sig P series sights;

Front Sight
Number Height
05 6.01mm/.235"
06 5.88mm/.230"
07 5.74mm/.225"
08 5.60mm/.22"
09 5.46mm/.215"

Rear Sight
Number Height
05 5.52mm/.22"
06 5.80mm/.23"
07 6.07mm/.24"
08 6.35mm/.25"
09 6.62mm/.26"
10 6.90mm/.27"

a454me
February 23, 2009, 08:29 PM
You need to replace the hammer spring to get a lighter release ,it's on the hammer strut .Most surplus P6s came with a 28 lb spring to prevent an unintentional discharge , I replaced mine with a 19 lb Wolff spring I also have an extra 18 lb spring if you're interested .

MeanGreenZ71
February 23, 2009, 10:30 PM
You need to replace the hammer spring to get a lighter release ,it's on the hammer strut .Most surplus P6s came with a 28 lb spring to prevent an unintentional discharge , I replaced mine with a 19 lb Wolff spring I also have an extra 18 lb spring if you're interested .

How much did the DA trigger pull get better with the lighter spring? Is it too light now? Does this affect the SA shots?

I am interested in the spring. PM me with a price if you want to get rid of your spring though.

gregj
February 24, 2009, 09:41 AM
I got sights for my P239 from Top Gun Supply. I think they have plenty to order from.

a454me
February 24, 2009, 09:43 AM
Changeing the spring reduced da/sa pull ,you can get more info on these guns here www.sigforum.com .

rbernie
February 24, 2009, 09:53 AM
Also, is there a spring available to lighten the double action trigger pull? If so can someone post a link to what spring I need?Commercial P225s came with a 24lb spring. The German P6s were uprated to a 28lb spring. This is a link (http://www.topgunsupply.com/wolff-hammer-spring-sigp220-225-226-228-229.html) to the stock 24lb spring; it lightens the DA pull to that of a stock P229 but doesn't have issues lighting off hard primers. You can drop down to a 20lb or less hammer spring if you want, but I would not do so unless you intend for the pistol to be used solely as a range toy.

TopGunSupply also has lots of different sight options for your pistol. I have been perfectly happy with a dot of white epoxy paint on the front blade of my P6s, but then again I'm known to be cheap. :)

MeanGreenZ71
February 25, 2009, 01:42 AM
I appreciate the help guys. I tryed joining the Sig Forum a while back and never heard anything out of it...I guess they didnt want another member.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!