Flu-sick gun fantasy

PDA

SamTuckerMTNMAN
February 23, 2009, 08:28 PM
I've been laid up a couple of days. So sick this weekend I didn't even get my newest rifle out and dry fire, something I've been itching to do for a week. Today I finally set her on the table where I could see , and imagined being out at a remote range all alone, near a broad rocky river , and feeling the gentle real recoil of a .223 through a Rem model 40x (I've only fired 223 in auto loaders), smelling the acrid powder, and watching a puff downrange where I had imagined the bullet would go. Then taking a moment to soak it all in.

Then my daydream morphed into a hunting trip on a leaf laden ridge top in my appalachian mountains. From my belly in a 3d suit I watched a white tail (deer, not wife) through a Leupold VXIII 3.5-20, and was reminded that half the time I hunt to see things most people never glimpse.

When all was said and done, laying in bed, I simply grasped the rifle at my side, chambered an all metal snap cap, and marveled at the crisp release of the firing pin - I wonder at the inventors, the engineers, and craftsmen who made this work of art.

My wife has gotten used to my love affair with guns:D That was made clear before our marriage years ago.

Now here I sit with headache, coughing like a freakin TB patient, and realizing I won't be shooting for a few more days. It's burning me up - having a new rifle, the nicest (read, most$$$) one I've ever owned, and not able to even walk outside.:banghead: THR helps me get through :) (esp the Loki ordeal)

So anyone else sick, what is your gun fantasy daydream? Where would you be, what would you shoot (with , not necessarily at...:P )

If you enjoyed reading about "Flu-sick gun fantasy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Duke of Doubt
February 23, 2009, 08:43 PM
Parachinar, Pakistan. Approximately 300 meters from the back of the head of a certain Saudi construction heir, peering from behind the best part of the M24 Sniper Weapon System.

jcwit
February 23, 2009, 08:49 PM
Amen!

SamTuckerMTNMAN
February 23, 2009, 09:44 PM
nice..I have to admit I went there too, albeit, Afghan border area...but what with all the hot Sniper action on THR lately I just sort of let it go...I hear ya.

prelaw09
February 23, 2009, 09:48 PM
THR helps me get through (esp the Loki ordeal)

I tried to watch that but that guy is such at tool- I was so embarrassed for him that I couldn't even finish watching. Truly not a good example of a gun owner.

skeet king
February 23, 2009, 09:51 PM
Watching the cubans and russians role into my town as i tear past in a pickup truck with my buddies, all clutching rifles, screaming "WOLVERINES!"

Duke of Doubt
February 23, 2009, 09:51 PM
Oh, great. There I am dreaming hot and steamy gun fantasies, and you bring up ... LOKI?! That's like unexpectedly getting a deep tissue massage from an unknown person behind you at the bar, and turning around to find ... the sport masseur from the steam room.

SamTuckerMTNMAN
February 23, 2009, 10:19 PM
please, if this topic has any chance at all lets not go loki....my apologies (just that it greatly lightened my otherwise solemn state)....gun fantasies here, sick, flu, guns, daydreams . . . . guns . . .
st

MT GUNNY
February 23, 2009, 10:25 PM
I have that same Sickness. As a matter of fact I still have it after 3 weeks I feel much better, Just a Cough still.

gbran
February 23, 2009, 10:30 PM
I dreamed about mufflers all nite and woke up exhausted.

CWL
February 23, 2009, 11:31 PM
Sorry to hear that you're sick. If you have a lot of time to kill, and if that new rifle you've got is a bolt-action, why don'cha squeeze some toothpaste over the bolt and work that action about a million times. This is supposed to butter-smooth the action. (I tried it once but quit after about 100X about as bored as I've ever been.)

tbtrout
February 23, 2009, 11:57 PM
Can the cold steel be in the hands of a lingerie wearing woman with camo body paint and .. well you get the picture.

If you enjoyed reading about "Flu-sick gun fantasy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!