A Most Interesting Description

PDA

Animal Mother
February 23, 2009, 10:09 PM
I was browsing GunBroker for a cheap and reliable .22 revolver and I came across what has to be one of the most interesting descriptions I've ever read of a gun. After reading up on just how bad these RG revolvers really are, I understand where the seller is at least being honest about what he is selling, but you'd think if he really felt that poorly about it, he'd just destroy the thing and eat the cost.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=123397034

With no pride at all we offer this new-in-the-box R.G. .22 double action revolver. Sometimes known as the “Hinckley Revolver,” due to an owner of the same model revolver’s meeting with Ronald Regan. This model pistol never met a liquor store or convenience store it didn’t like. Being new in the box this pistol will probably fire ok……we suppose….it appears to be unfired at this point. The pistol comes with the factory paperwork, however there is no factory test target, as they could not find one with the photo of a bank clerk on it. At least being new you won’t have to wipe your prints off it before you shoot it.

If you enjoyed reading about "A Most Interesting Description" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Duke of Doubt
February 23, 2009, 10:12 PM
And the minimum bid is $150. Until I saw that, I was going to suggest someone here bid $1 and deep six the poor little thing.

Glockman17366
February 24, 2009, 09:09 AM
I've never heard of R.G. Industries but I sure do know about Hinckley's assassination attempt (and infatuation with Jodie Foster).

That said, we of the gun community are preaching to others to not blame the gun for the actions of an individual. What say we don't do it here either.

This gun may well be a POS...don't know..but it's still just steel, wood and maybe some plastic.

But Animal Mother is right...that's a hell of a description.

Duke of Doubt
February 24, 2009, 09:14 AM
Glockman, how we feel about it isn't a function of what that model of firearm was used to do on a specific occasion in the past. If so, I wouldn't own a lot of guns I own. It's more a matter of how we feel about "junk" guns as a safety and aesthetics thing. To us, it's a sort of eyesore and attractive nuisance, much like the tumbledown trailor in the vacant lot down the road.

LightningJoe
February 24, 2009, 02:44 PM
But does serve as a reminder to those who doubt: the .22LR can cause some serious mayhem. Ideally, when used by a defender.

JImbothefiveth
February 24, 2009, 02:51 PM
I don't think anyone died, but as a result of the shooting, the Brady campaign was formed.

If you enjoyed reading about "A Most Interesting Description" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!