Barnes 180 gr X Bullet load data help

PDA

2FNSLO
February 24, 2009, 08:55 AM
Does anyone have the Barnes min and max load data for the original 180gr X bullet that they could provide please?
I have searched the internet for the last several days and all I can find is for the newer TSX bullets. I did find info on the 200gr X but that was as close as I could get.
From what I have read Reloader 22 sounds like a good powder, but I would like a few options.
Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Barnes 180 gr X Bullet load data help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Grumulkin
February 24, 2009, 09:02 AM
You probably should mention the cartridge you're loading for.

If you PM me your address, I'll mail you a copy of the relevant page of Barnes #5 reloading manual.

2FNSLO
February 24, 2009, 09:38 AM
That would help wouldn't it. Sorry! Looking for info on the 300 Win Mag.
PM being sent now sir. Thank you!

10 Spot Terminator
February 24, 2009, 12:15 PM
Give me a few of your best powder choices and I will give you the data from my Barnes #3 manual. They list thier favorite powders for this bullet as H4350, AA2700, XMR4350 and MRP.,,, of these the fastest was H4350 and that load is 65.0 gr to 70.9 gr and tests were with a Federal GM210M primer not the Magnum primer. Bear in mind Barnes recommended then and now a .050 bullet setback off of the lands as the proper seating depth for all of their bullets. I use the TSX in several calibres and can tell you as do many who have shot these for very long that this is good advice. I have only one load that will take a shorter .040 setback for accuracy. If you need more data PM me, it is easier and faster for me to get back to you this way.

If you enjoyed reading about "Barnes 180 gr X Bullet load data help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!