Air Force Survival Knife..........

PDA

UMB
February 24, 2009, 06:50 PM
Is it legal (in Ohio) to wear a knife like this just out and about in public? The blade is fixed 5". Thanks UMB

If you enjoyed reading about "Air Force Survival Knife.........." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pmeisel
February 24, 2009, 08:55 PM
I have without consequence. Don't know if there is any law against it.

msiley
February 26, 2009, 02:49 AM
I know in Cleveland 3" folding is the limit. My memory is foggy
if there is a non-folding knife limit or just an outright ban on carry.
But in Ohio in general I don't believe there is a limit.
Last time I went camping I had a 7" Becker C/U 7 on me and
no one said anything.

The big thing is that it can't be concealed.

hso
February 26, 2009, 02:28 PM
Is it legal (in Ohio) to wear a knife like this just out and about in public? The blade is fixed 5". Thanks UMB

You should look that up for yourself just to make sure that some poodle in a cheerleader costume isn't giving you legal advice.

Check here (http://pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/oh.txt).

greyeyezz
March 2, 2009, 04:31 PM
I know in Cleveland 3" folding is the limit. My memory is foggy

2.5 partner.

UMB
March 5, 2009, 08:28 PM
I don't speak much legaleezee, but from what I can get out of it , the concern is based more on concealment than on blade length. There do seem to be some specifics on blade length for Cleveland

hso
March 5, 2009, 09:51 PM
No not bet your freedom on legal interpretations from the internet.

Read the law.

If it isn't clear (when is it ever clear?) take the question to an attorney or DA (not a cop, they're job is to enforce, not interpret, the law).

The default answer is always that, "It probably isn't "legal" AND it certainly isn't wise", to carry a fixed blade outside of your own property or hunting/fishing/hiking/camping.

pmeisel
March 7, 2009, 08:07 AM
This has piqued my curiousity so I e-mailed my lawyer... (also my long time friend so I get my answer for free, don't try this at home)

If you enjoyed reading about "Air Force Survival Knife.........." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!