Cleaning rod confusion

PDA

Babarsac
February 24, 2009, 07:41 PM
I recently bought two new Dewey coated cleaning rods online to replace those brass POS's. To my horror I find that none of the brushes I have will fit in these things. The .22 rod has a female thread that is too small and the .30 rod has a male thread. Do I have to go buy all new brushes or are there adapters I can buy somewhere.?

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleaning rod confusion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dmazur
February 24, 2009, 08:19 PM
I'm not sure of the cause of this, though I think Dewey once thought this would be a method of encouraging people to buy their brushes. At any rate, there are adapters available. You might want to call Midway and make sure you order the correct ones you need.

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?pageNum=1&tabId=6&categoryId=15846&categoryString=10612***8872***

Karl Hungus
February 24, 2009, 08:47 PM
I thought Dewey rods came with the adaptor?

dmazur
February 24, 2009, 09:42 PM
The ones I bought recently did come with an adapter, which I promptly Loc-Tited into place.

If you don't do that, they can accidentally become part of the brush, get lost, etc. (Don't ask how I know this...)

Walkalong
February 24, 2009, 10:09 PM
I thought Dewey rods came with the adaptor?They do.

Babarsac
February 24, 2009, 11:12 PM
Then I got the short end of the stick. I guess I'll just get some adapters from either Midway or Dewey's online store.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleaning rod confusion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!