The High Road US?

PDA

azhunter122
February 24, 2009, 09:49 PM
What's the difference in the two websites? I just found thehighroad.us and it accepted my loging. What gives?

If you enjoyed reading about "The High Road US?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
3pairs12
February 24, 2009, 09:53 PM
The 2 owners of the orignal THR split ways. The other one started THR.us and allows all the orig members.

gvnwst
February 24, 2009, 09:55 PM
Really it is the same site, one comtrolled by Oleg, one by Derek. .us was mirrored so the same threads are there, from its start. (ei, any threads made from the time .us was created are not there, any before are) I go to both, and i will untill this thing is resolved.

Art Eatman
February 24, 2009, 10:06 PM
Stuff happens, folks argue. The main thing is RKBA and to not worry a lot about what other folks are doing or thinking. Figure it's sorta like a domestic dispute, and those are absolutely the worst things for us outsiders to ever get involved in. :D

And no smart remarks about gender. :D:D:D

Fred Fuller
February 24, 2009, 10:09 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/announcement.php?f=18

lpl

erict
February 24, 2009, 10:17 PM
Wow..... I never knew this???? I don't know which one Oleg runs but I've met him and he's a top notch guy and very knowledgeable about firearms.

I guess I will continue to visit this fine site like I usually do. :)

2RCO
February 24, 2009, 10:28 PM
Oleg is running the .US site Derek is running this one. ^This is simply a point of information I am taking no sides on this issue. I hope these guys can work it out cuz I have grown to love THR.

Brian Williams
February 24, 2009, 10:32 PM
Oleg is running .us hosted by and assisted by Artherd. The THR staff and mods are running .org hosted and assisted by Derek.

Eustachius234
February 24, 2009, 10:42 PM
It looks like The High Road US is permitting political discussion with their "Ethics of Liberty" forum. Is that a correct assumption?

SCKimberFan
February 24, 2009, 10:50 PM
Yup.

hso
February 24, 2009, 11:56 PM
Oleg is running the .US site Derek is running this one.

Not quite correct.

As Brian Williams said, this site is run by the Mods and Admins you see on the "marquees" for the forums. Derek is the SysAdmin and hosts the site, but he doesn't run it. Oleg runs dotUS, which is hosted by a third party.

2RCO
February 25, 2009, 12:01 AM
I hope this isn't my last post on THR but if Derek isn't running the site then why is Oleg suing him instead of suing the THR mods?

taliv
February 25, 2009, 12:11 AM
because the domain name is registered to Derek, not all the mods

Coronach
February 25, 2009, 12:15 AM
It won't be your last post. We won't ban you for asking reasonable questions. :)

Oleg's legal action was against Derek, before there were two separate sites. Since that time, the sites have split, and Oleg's original legal action is still in place. As to what Oleg intends to do next, you'd have to ask Oleg.

Mike

Mal H
February 25, 2009, 12:15 AM
Right. It has nothing to do with the day-to-day running of the site. It has to do solely with ownership of the domain name.

azhunter122
February 25, 2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks guys, I will stick around here for a while. Hopefully everything will go well.

22-rimfire
February 25, 2009, 01:00 AM
Stick around. The mods pretty much run .org. .us is a bit looser for the time being from my perspective. Hopefully things will get worked out. I don't have a dog in the hunt nor want one.

Gunnerpalace
February 25, 2009, 02:37 AM
permitting political discussion

I skimmed it, as much as I would really like a GD here (I need a good computer tech forum) it looks like that will turn into a personal attack fest, which is why I understand the "no politics here" rule, Truth be told I'm too lazy to check it out but if it is civilized I'll go have a look.

As long as we can keep the community informed of upcoming attacks.

kwelz
February 25, 2009, 02:52 AM
I can't wait for the day when this mess is over and Oleg can merge them back together.

Art Eatman
February 25, 2009, 10:33 AM
Azizza, what makes any website worthwhile is not the quality of any one of the so-called leadership. It's the quality of the membership. All that moderators do is try to keep out those who come from the shallow end of the gene pool.

Any one or three of the couple of dozen who moderate these threads could fall over dead tomorrow, and THR would keep on being THR.

If you contribute worthwhile ideas, useful information and are a positive influence, you help make this site worthwhile for others as well as yourself. That's pretty much what folks want: A worthwhile website promoting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in a mature, courteous and polite manner.

kwelz
February 25, 2009, 11:31 AM
Not disagreeing at all Art. If I thought otherwise I would not be posting here. I didn't say this board sucks or I hate the Mods, or anything else. If I felt that way I would not post here as well as over at US. I Strongly disagree with everything that went on. However the Mods have done their best to keep things going right over here while the legal stuff is resolved. And for that you have my respect. =)

I have my opinions on the ownership issue and have let it be known in the past. But that is separate from the RKBA discussions we have here.

Geno
February 25, 2009, 11:35 AM
I simply say let the court resolve it, and I'll just remain decent to all involved. Just part of takin' "the high road". :) Time will heal the wounds.

Doc2005

gvnwst
February 25, 2009, 11:47 AM
Not quite correct.

As Brian Williams said, this site is run by the Mods and Admins you see on the "marquees" for the forums. Derek is the SysAdmin and hosts the site, but he doesn't run it. Oleg runs dotUS, which is hosted by a third party.

Okay, sorry about that. I didn't get that when the whole thing started i guess....

Officers'Wife
February 25, 2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah I know, there's two sides to every story - but, only one is right.

Actually there is three sides, player 1's story and player 2's story. Then somewhere near the center is the truth. However, since neither party has asked my opinion in the argument, it remains none of my business. My own sensitivities hope they work it out peaceably.

Old Fuff
February 25, 2009, 12:36 PM
donato:

Yeah I know, there's two sides to every story - but, only one is right.

I notice that you joined this forum back in June of '08, and have since then posted a bit over 30 times. Never the less you have the necessary insights to know everything that's going on, and who's right and who's wrong.

Of course the Administrators and Moderators on this site either don't know anything, or are part of a big conspiracy.

Now if you go look up in the upper/left corner of this post you may notice that Iíve been around awhile, and I will frankly say that I donít know enough to go around calling someone a thief, when thereís nothing Iíve seen in the way of proof Ė just unsupported allegations. As I understand it, a legal action in the form of a lawsuit is in progress, and I feel certain that eventually a court will decide who is right or wrong, and the decision will be based on evidence, not accusations.

As a long-time member of this forum Iím not going to call either party in the dispute names, because in my view they are both gentlemen who have made personal sacrifices to keep The High Road up and running, and Iím not going to demand that we must ďdo something,Ē when there is really not anything we can or should do, except watch and wait.

Walkalong
February 25, 2009, 12:44 PM
Yep, watching and waiting, hoping it all works out well. The community is still here, talking about guns like they always have. :)

Officers'Wife
February 25, 2009, 12:49 PM
Why support a forum (either one), if it is formed/operating on an unscrupulous basis?

Considering the truth is usually somewhere between the two stories there is no basis to assume either forum is operating on an 'unscrupulous' basis. Again, since I've only heard the accusations of the 'other' side this appears to me to be a personality conflict. While I may be naive, I do know that men sometimes get into bitter and sometimes violent argument with their friends then a later act as if nothing had happened. I also know that those that attempt to mediate or make peace are often belittled for the attempt.

I read both forums simply because of my interest in firearms and to keep up with the attitudes toward gov regulation on firearms. Should my interest ever lean to personal conflicts I will turn to Jerry Springer or one of his ilk. In the meantime, it's up to Derek and Oleg to sort out their differences. That is what adults do. It is up to me to mind my own business unless asked to get involved. That too is one of the responsibilities of adulthood.

Item last: considering the name calling and emotion now would be a good time for the mods to shut this thread down.

Selena

kwelz
February 25, 2009, 12:53 PM
I don't think they should shut it down but yeah come on guys, No more name calling.

Some of the Mods and I have exchanged emails in the past and they know as well as anyone that I am quite passionate about this issue. But my hope is that when Oleg gets the Forum back he can have a nice site without having to do to much house cleaning.

JShirley
February 25, 2009, 12:55 PM
I would agree, Selena.

In a nutshell: TheHighRoad.us is a site created a few months ago. It contains virtually all information THR.org held at the time of the .us creation. There are some legal issues that are being worked out legally, as they should be.

Let's talk about guns.

John

If you enjoyed reading about "The High Road US?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!