Plinking range targets????

PDA

Bill2e
February 24, 2009, 11:32 PM
Just found the fun of the plinking range. sure beats punching paper.

We survived the charging attach of milk jugs filled with water, highly agitated and shaken soda cans & clay pigions.

What other targets do you use on the plinking range. I am now looking forward to the pumkin shoot after halloween.:D:D:D:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Plinking range targets????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ssjones
February 24, 2009, 11:36 PM
When we were at the Sleepy Creek WVA public range, there were thousands of empty shotgun shells laying around. They made fun & challenging targets. My wife hit 7/9 with my MkII from about 20 yards, I decided we had to go home after that....

CleanCut
February 24, 2009, 11:41 PM
Golf balls are a lot of fun if you have a good back-stop. The kids and I shoot them at a hundred yards, for good .22 practice.

ohgrady
February 25, 2009, 12:25 AM
I went through 25 balloons a couple of weeks ago - I had a bag of 9 inch diameter balloons(most were blown up to about 6 or 7 inches). I can't wait to try balloons again at a longer distance. They are more fun than paper-you see if you are hitting the target.

grimjaw
February 25, 2009, 12:51 AM
We usually use spent shotgun shells, as previously mentioned, or what other people left over that isn't shot to hades.

jm

22-rimfire
February 25, 2009, 01:15 AM
Lots of good plinking targets. Try Necco wafers and paint balls if the range allows "plinking".

hand cannon
February 25, 2009, 01:21 AM
Be careful when shooting at golf balls. I nailed one dead center once with a 44. As a responsible shooter I made sure I had a backstop behind it. Unfortunately the golf ball ricocheted off the backstop and nearly beaned me in the head!:banghead:

HC

B yond
February 25, 2009, 01:36 AM
Eggs are good. So are CDs, wine/beer/liquor bottles, empty propane cylinders, little green army men, teddy bears, votive candles.

It's a good idea to shoot anything that's going to break into lots of pieces while it's inside a open faced cardboard box. Makes clean up a lot easier.

B yond
February 25, 2009, 01:37 AM
spray paint!

If you enjoyed reading about "Plinking range targets????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!