Best Soft Rifle Cases for Under $50 each

PDA

4Freedom
February 25, 2009, 07:53 AM
Hi, I want to get good, non-plastic, soft rifle cases for my ARs and Saiga for ease of carry and for storage. Anynone have any suggestions for rifle cases under $50, that hold up pretty well. If they can even be cheaper than $50, like $25 that is even better. I was looking at classic arms website and they sell the Bull dog cases, but I think the 40" size they carry may be too short for some of my Ars, like mY DPMS LR-308. I like to hear suggestions from people of economical carry cases they like for this price range.

I am looking for something that is weather resistant for outdoor carry and can help preserve the life of the rifles for short-term storage in perhaps some-what moist conditions. For a 24" bull barrel AR-10, what size of case would I need? For my AR-15 16" barrel, would a 40" case be more than sufficient or would larger size work better for these type of guns too?

If you enjoyed reading about "Best Soft Rifle Cases for Under $50 each" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Geneseo1911
February 25, 2009, 09:53 AM
That case Classic is selling is by far the cheapest I've ever seen a tactical rifle case. I bought a Plano brand soft case at Farm & Fleet for $10, but it isn't that shape, doesn't have mag pouches, and is pretty flimsy. The ONLY things I like about it are that my AR fits in it, and it was cheap. I would think a 40" case would fit just about ANY AR-15. Couldn't tell you on the 10, those things are monsters. A tape measure will take you a long way....

aka108
February 25, 2009, 09:59 AM
Try Natchez Shooting Supply.
Some nice working cases in the 10 dollar range.

B. Adams
February 25, 2009, 04:55 PM
I have a couple of the soft cases that Midway has on sale for $16.99now, and they're great for the price. I think they're on sale until the end of the month.

You can choose 42" or 46" length. The 42" model is barely long enough for my 22" Rock River, but more than enough for my 16".

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=939398803

CZguy
February 25, 2009, 06:23 PM
I have had very good results with several different types of soft cases made by ACE Case Co.

http://acecase.com/

Lovesbeer99
February 25, 2009, 08:21 PM
+1 for midway. I have 2 of them so maybe it's + 2

dmazur
February 25, 2009, 08:27 PM
This one looks OK -

Cabelas tactical rifle case (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0012777227216a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all-search_redir&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=gun+case&sort=all&trueNum=154&selectedPerPage=72&Nty=1&No=72&Ne=2510&noImage=0&Ntt=gun+case&Ntx=mode+matchall&N=3641&firstPage=true&redirect=true&cmCat=search_redir)

Quickdraw McGraw
February 25, 2009, 09:53 PM
This is one nice bag (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE200-7.html)!!! I got it for my AR and $50 was a steal for what I got. Check out the customer reviews!

wally
February 25, 2009, 10:43 PM
My favorite is a soft double rifle case with the Winchester logo, was only ~$22 from Sportsman's Guide. I've got two so I can easily carry four rifles to the range with one trip to/from the car.

Their "Guide Gear" cases with the five magazine pockets are pretty nice and run about $20 each and come in three sizes. These are what I used to use before I found the Winchester double. All are well padded.

The Winchester case is one of the few that is long enough for my PSL and tall enough for its scope.

--wally.

moooose102
February 25, 2009, 10:59 PM
i am pretty impressed with my bulldog case. i bought it at midway. it is way nicer than they described.

Fburgtx
February 25, 2009, 11:12 PM
Midsouth Shooter Supply carries the Bulldog cases in many different sizes. They also carry one called "Hybrid" (also a Bulldog) that has some flexible plastic in the sides to help provide a little extra protection. For the price, they are pretty good cases.

P.S. The 45" is just right for a 20" barrel/A2 stock easily. The 40" will hold a 16" barrel/A2 stock. For a 16" barrel with a collapsible stock, I would guess a 35" case. You better go with the 48" case if your AR10 has a 24" barrel and an A2 fixed stock.....

If you enjoyed reading about "Best Soft Rifle Cases for Under $50 each" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!