What to do now?

PDA

Miss Debbie
February 25, 2009, 11:09 PM
Well since my Saiga rifle was stolen what should I do now I have a lot of regular AK mags and ammo, I have a Russian SKS that I don’t shoot that much should I sell my SKS and try and get an AR style rifle? One of my shooting buddies told me of another option was to buy a “kit” and receiver and put it together, would that be more cost effective?

If you enjoyed reading about "What to do now?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Deer Hunter
February 25, 2009, 11:14 PM
Dude, use your SKS. you probably have a bunch of ammo for it.

SATX man
February 25, 2009, 11:48 PM
Dude she is a woman have you tried Altantic firearms?

mtlucas0311
February 25, 2009, 11:53 PM
Am I missing something? Buy another one. If it was stolen from your home or vehicle, it likely is covered under your home or auto policy, neither have a large limit but if just the one rifle was stolen it should easily cover it. Am I unaware of other circumstances?

indoorsoccerfrea
February 25, 2009, 11:54 PM
dudette, if you have the proper tools for a receiver build than it is more cost effective. takes more time than buying one, obviously

SATX man
February 25, 2009, 11:56 PM
I think she is talking about this thread but not sure though
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=430866

mtlucas0311
February 26, 2009, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the link. Sorry about the bad luck; at least it's replaceable and not that expensive. Think if that was the AR your thinking about.

taliv
February 26, 2009, 12:15 AM
your home/renters insurance may cover you for the loss. in this market, an AK may even be more than your deductible

Miss Debbie
February 26, 2009, 02:13 AM
thanks everyone just debating weather to sell SKS to fund my AK, all the ones I see are expensive, what are the qualiy of the Romanian G kits? this is the first time I have herd of them

SATX man
February 26, 2009, 06:21 PM
I not an expert on builds but from what I have read the civil guard Romanian are decent if it's a kit you will need to buy a reciever(SP) and press barrel out and the rear trunion(SP). Some more qualified people can probably give you more help.

Delaware_Dan
February 26, 2009, 07:20 PM
I would trade the SKS in on another Saiga. Thats just me.

If you enjoyed reading about "What to do now?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!