Noob Needs help- Grizzly AR15 Lowers- Any good?

PDA

prelaw09
February 25, 2009, 11:21 PM
Hi guys,

Are the LAR Grizzly AR15 Lowers any good? I looked on AR15.com and it looks like LAR makes the following lowers:Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, (?)DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, Noveske (new).

So, do any of you fine gents (or ladies) have a Grizzly lower? If so, how is the quality, fit, finish, etc?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Noob Needs help- Grizzly AR15 Lowers- Any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rundm
February 25, 2009, 11:25 PM
for what you pay for a noveske, I hope he is not farming his stuff out. I know that his ar10 stuff was from armalite but dog gone, when you pay the kind of money to get something like that, you expect it to be made there. I have one of the cmmg guns and their fit and finish is really good. Don't know if that speaks for the other lars products but I like my cmmg stuff.

prelaw09
February 25, 2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks,

I don't know how much finishing is done by the final seller, but from what I read, there are only a few companies that forge their own receivers. Just wondering if anyone owns one.

thanks

RP88
February 26, 2009, 12:39 AM
have both a CMMG and a DoubleStar

both fit and work great.

erict
February 26, 2009, 11:18 AM
I have a DoubleStar and it fits fine. I've had DPMS and BM as well and they were fine too.

jerkface11
February 26, 2009, 12:07 PM
I've got an LAR and it's just fine. Yes they do the forgings for a lot of other companies.

If you enjoyed reading about "Noob Needs help- Grizzly AR15 Lowers- Any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!