Disappointed

PDA

renegade1alpha
February 26, 2009, 05:57 AM
For quite some time I have been a member of THR and have offered advice and input on quite a few subjects. So when I posted the thread "What would you want for a zombie gun?" I thought it would get people to thinking about guns, stopping power, ballistics, etc. while adding a bit of fun to the subject.

I guess I was wrong.

Most people did provide input, however, the moderator and a couple of others felt that the thread was irresponsible and therefore closed the the thread at their discretion as listed in the rules of the forum.

I have never, nor would I ever, call ANYONE making a statement on this forum irresponsible. I assume that everyone on THR has taken that first step in owning a firearm and are responsible adults. Some may be less experienced than others, but not irresponsible. I AM a responsible gun owner and firearms instructor and will continue to give advise and input when needed or when asked. However I am not sure if I will continue to frequent this forum.

If you enjoyed reading about "Disappointed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
General Geoff
February 26, 2009, 06:01 AM
Zombie threads are just, well, overdone. Nothing personal.

renegade1alpha
February 26, 2009, 06:07 AM
Being called irresponsible felt kind of personal to me.

Sixtigers
February 26, 2009, 06:23 AM
Just the wrong forum, mate. Don't take it personally! I'm sure it wasn't meant to be. You weren't being shut down, the topic was.

Speaking of which...countdown to lock? 10....9....8....

ZombiesAhead
February 26, 2009, 06:27 AM
If you consider Zombies a good topic to:

get people to thinking about guns, stopping power, ballistics, etc.

Then either you take these subjects too lightly, or you take your zombies too seriously

-ZombiesAhead!

renegade1alpha
February 26, 2009, 07:02 AM
Fair enough. It was just the irresponsible comment that touched a nerve. Thanks for the input.

wrc376
February 26, 2009, 07:21 AM
Hey Idaho, if it makes ya feel any better I'd personally use my silver tip 30-30s

Jorg Nysgerrig
February 26, 2009, 09:47 AM
I closed that thread. You see, here at The High Road, we like to present the face of responsible gun owners who consider both gun ownership and gun safety to be serious issues. Each thread here represents the face we show to other gun owners, people who are just stopping by looking for guns, and those who would wish to ban guns.

Unfortunately, you locked on to the word "responsible" in my closing remark rather than the word "reality". Often, Gun owners are portrayed as being slightly unhinged, trigger-happy, paranoid types who are filled with fantasies of shooting people instead of just regular folks you live and work with. Posting thread after thread about zombies does nothing to further the latter image.

As you may have noticed, someone in that thread even said it was a serious issue. That was the comment I quoted. For people grounded in reality, zombies are not a serious issue.

No offense was intended, and I use the terms "reality" and "responsible" to make clarify the mission of The High Road.

Ed4032
February 26, 2009, 09:51 AM
I think that Zombies, left unchecked, are a real threat to our society. Don't you guys ever watch the movies. That tells you what could really happen. You know that Hollywood would never lie to us.

ilbob
February 26, 2009, 11:46 AM
Every now and then a zombie thread sneaks through and stays alive for quite some time. They are kind of fun to play with once in a while.

you just need to come up with a fresh angle to the zombie issue. :)

Mal H
February 26, 2009, 05:55 PM
renegade1alpha - I have to disagree with your interpretation of the closing statement, and emphasize what Jorg said in his explanation. In no way did he call you, yourself, irresponsible. That is your word not his. He said, in essence, that THR's mission is to promote responsible firearms ownership, and it is.

Here is the closing post, verbatim:
Because The High Road is about reality and responsible firearms ownership, not zombie fantasies.

Again, he wasn't calling you irresponsible.

hso
February 26, 2009, 09:21 PM
I assume that everyone on THR has taken that first step in owning a firearm and are responsible adults.

Were that you're assumption were correct. Just look at the number of threads by people who ask "What first gun" or "I can't own a gun (yet)", then look at the ones that are posing like they own a whole vault (in Counterstrike). No, we have plenty of Walter Mittys and plenty of folks who have never touched a firearm. The good ones are here to learn. The others are here to have others hear them "talk".

renegade1alpha
February 27, 2009, 04:22 AM
Points taken. Thanks.

PCGS65
February 28, 2009, 10:14 PM
It's all about micro-management.

KenWP
March 1, 2009, 12:32 AM
What pray tell is a Zombie anyways.

Mal H
March 1, 2009, 02:20 AM
Question asked and answered.

Closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Disappointed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!