Question about Saigas

PDA

TedP
February 26, 2009, 08:32 AM
Ok, maybe I missed something very obvious. Pardon my ignorance on the whole thing but...

What is the deal with the conversions for the Saiga shotguns and rifles? Are they required for compliance with 922r or are they just something people like to do?

Someone want to educate this confused guy?

If you enjoyed reading about "Question about Saigas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cannonball888
February 26, 2009, 08:51 AM
They can't be imported in "assault rfle" form, so people convert the sporters to this style here in the USA while complying with 922R defining the number of parts which must be U.S.A. made. So, to answer your question: just something people like to do

TedP
February 26, 2009, 08:59 AM
Ah, I gotcha.

I like the look of the Saiga 12 as is. I was wondering if I'd HAVE to do the conversion. Thanks Cannonball!

Cannonball888
February 26, 2009, 09:05 AM
No problem. I have a Saiga-12 which I had converted. If you change your mind and want to have it done but don't want to do it yourself I recommend Red Jacket aka Red Stick firearms to do it. They're backed up right now but they do excellent work.

SN13
February 26, 2009, 09:14 AM
Woah woah woah.

Saiga12, Threaded Muzzle = 14 Counted parts (including the 3 in the magazine)

Putting a 10rd mag in these guns = NONONONO

If you do NOT want to convert but still want to use 10rd mags, you need to purchase a gas piston "puck" like the one shown 1/3 of the way down HERE (http://www.chaosus.com/products.html)

The Piston is one part. Swapping it out for $35 will bring ANY S-12 shotgun down to 13 parts (W/5 round mag) so if you use the US made 10rd mags, you'll be at 10 parts (3 parts are in the mag)

Conversions are because we want to, and because it makes the trigger better, the balance better, the aesthetics better, and the gun better.

Hope this helps.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question about Saigas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!