How many Three Percenters?

PDA

blitzen
February 26, 2009, 12:02 PM
I just learned of this term yesterday. Wondering how many High Roaders fit the description?

If you enjoyed reading about "How many Three Percenters?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ChronoCube
February 26, 2009, 12:03 PM
What does it mean?

ArmedBear
February 26, 2009, 12:03 PM
Huh?

Mt Shooter
February 26, 2009, 12:05 PM
I give, 3 percent of what?

BHP FAN
February 26, 2009, 12:05 PM
3% is the percentage of the population that actually were active participants in the Revolutionary War.Some were Loyalists,most just went about thier business.

ChronoCube
February 26, 2009, 12:06 PM
3% is the percentage of the population that actually were active participants in the Revolutionary War.Some were Loyalists,most just went about thier business.

How does that apply to us?

Cannonball888
February 26, 2009, 12:08 PM
What is a Three Percenter?
Source: Sipsey Street Irregulars
Author: Dutchman

Posted on 02.20.09 by Mary Lou Seymour
“During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King’s tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King … and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came. Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the american people, although we might. … We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of american gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people.” (02/17/09)

rbernie
February 26, 2009, 12:09 PM
IBTL.

Oh, wait.

I *am* the lock.

Nevermind.

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "How many Three Percenters?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!