alternative site for gun classifieds

PDA

w103tws
February 26, 2009, 04:52 PM
Don't know if y'all have heard about this yet, but there is a website called swapgiant.com where you can sell firearms. The site is exactly like craigslist. You can search by state, and even by county. I believe it's fairly new, and hope it really takes off.

Just thought I'd share the info

If you enjoyed reading about "alternative site for gun classifieds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
I_AM_LEGEND
February 27, 2009, 11:29 AM
I sold one on there... good site. <slurs removed> The only issue right now is getting the word out, I think this place could give gunbroker a run for their money. Don't bother looking for guns on there outside Ohio tho, don't know why but OH has over 700 listings in the guns/ammo category and Texas has like 4, seems pretty weird. We just need to spread the word.

searcher451
February 27, 2009, 06:52 PM
Don't forget this site:

http://www.riverofguns.com/

It's an excellent site, providing an excellent service to all gun owners. (Should add that I have no horse in this race.)

BillyBA
February 27, 2009, 07:07 PM
Cheaper than dirt dot com also has fire arm classifides on their home page free of charge ? I posted a pic of a Mossberg 500 that I wanted to let go of and sold it in less than 24 hrs?

seale
February 27, 2009, 09:39 PM
Billy, with that high road username, I TOTALLY expect you to make it all the way to 20 posts.

hometheaterman
February 28, 2009, 11:38 AM
I like the idea of this site. The reason I like it more than gunbroker etc is you can see the gun in person and inspect it before you buy it unlike if you buy it from gunbroker and you also don't have to deal with shipping them. I had never heard of it before this post though. I hope the word gets out.

Travis Bickle
February 28, 2009, 11:40 AM
Backpage and topix are good too. Those are all local sales, so you can inspect the gun before you buy.

If you enjoyed reading about "alternative site for gun classifieds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!