Rossi 518 Grips

PDA

wiggles
February 26, 2009, 09:22 PM
Can someone tell me if the J Frame S&W grips or any other grips will fit a Rossi 518 .22 ???

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Rossi 518 Grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sidheshooter
February 26, 2009, 10:10 PM
Rossi pachmayr "compac" grips *should* work, FWIW.

wiggles
February 27, 2009, 09:17 PM
I took a look at those but I was leaning more toward some wooden grips.

Just don't know what will fit........

Jim

MCgunner
February 28, 2009, 10:48 PM
No, J frame grips won't fit a Rossi. I have the Compacs on my 511 Sportsman, love 'em. Also, Ajax ( www.ajaxgrips.com ) has some of their grips for the small frame Rossis. I have a set of pearlite on a 3" 68. I call it my "pimp gun". :D

wiggles
February 28, 2009, 11:55 PM
Those AJAX grips are nice but $95 is more than I wanted to pay for grips.

I'd be happy with a set like the standard Pachmayers or Hogues if I could find them.

Do you know of any other options?

Jim

sidheshooter
March 1, 2009, 12:33 AM
Wiggles, I just went through a bit of grip experimentation with a Rossi 742; the consensus from that, and some feedback at the Rossi forum at taurusarmed.net, here (http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=16555.0) was that most Rossi grips will fit most Rossi revolvers... at least thus far. I'd look for any wood OEM Rossi grips on ebay for your 518; the 68, 88 or any of those gun grips will probably work.

wiggles
March 1, 2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks sidheshooter for the info!

Jim

MCgunner
March 1, 2009, 03:58 PM
If all ya want is a set of standard Rossi wood grips, I'm sure I have a set stashed somewhere for the price of shipping. Shoot me a PM. I've replaced 'em on every Rossi I've owned. Bound to be a set stuck back somewhere, LOL. I prefer the rubber grips on the Rossis and Pachmayr Compacs work great. I do have those pearlite ones on the 68. They're kinda cool, but were only about 40 bucks when I got 'em. Ajax has gone up. I have a set of Sanbar Stags on a Blackhawk I gave 70 bucks for a while ago. They're up to 300 now. OUCH!

MCgunner
March 1, 2009, 04:06 PM
I went and looked. I found one set. Not sure where or which closet I put the others. LOL

sidheshooter
March 1, 2009, 07:19 PM
That's pretty cool of you, MCgunner.

Yeah, where do all those old grips go, anyways? Like socks in a dyer...

If you enjoyed reading about "Rossi 518 Grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!