Wolf Ammo at Cheaper Than Dirt

PDA

Fburgtx
February 26, 2009, 09:07 PM
When did Wolf start making their cases with gold-plated titanium??? I'm guessing they must be, at these prices......:barf::mad::eek::cuss::banghead:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM631-5.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf Ammo at Cheaper Than Dirt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WardenWolf
February 26, 2009, 09:39 PM
Wait until you see their shipping prices, too. It puts it around $24 a box. Don't buy ammo from CtD.

Phydeaux642
February 26, 2009, 10:25 PM
I can't see myself ever buying anything from them. They seem to be the epitome of price gouging. I just bought 1000 rounds locally for $245.

jard
February 26, 2009, 10:34 PM
Crazy. Who would have thought. I'm going to take a screen shot of that and keep it for a good reminder not to buy from them anymore.

But I'll still look at their catalogs while I'm relieving myself. That is still fun.

chuckusaret
February 26, 2009, 10:37 PM
I just bought 1000 rounds locally for $245. Good price.
I only buy my target ammo from Wal Mart and at the gun shows on Sunday afternoon. I get WWB .40 cal for $135 per 500 rnds. Can't buy anymore, no place to store it, plus I have enough to last for a year or two.

MatthewVanitas
February 26, 2009, 10:43 PM
I can't see myself ever buying anything from them. They seem to be the epitome of price gouging. I just bought 1000 rounds locally for $245.

So when people charge prices you don't like, it's suddenly gouging?

If it's too high, folks won't pay it and they won't make money. If folks buy it, then it must be an acceptable market price.

For people that claim to be anti-communist, some gun owners really seem to hate the free market... ;)

SudSlinger
February 26, 2009, 10:45 PM
Have a look at their Hi Cap Mags.... specifically pmags, it's outrageous and they were one of the first to start the gouging.

MatthewVanitas
February 26, 2009, 10:46 PM
Have a look at their Hi Cap Mags.... specifically pmags, it's outrageous and they were one of the first to start the gouging.

There's that word again...

Honestly, what do people even mean when they say "gouging" in this context?

chris in va
February 26, 2009, 11:11 PM
Honestly, what do people even mean when they say "gouging" in this context?

Raising the price far beyond what the item is worth due to demand and fearmongering. Another facet of capitalism.:p

MatthewVanitas
February 26, 2009, 11:16 PM
Raising the price far beyond what the item is worth due to demand and fearmongering. Another facet of capitalism.

The fearmongering can be pretty silly, but that in and of itself isn't "gouging."

So far as "beyond what it's worth due to demand," that's a contradictory statement. If demand for a P-Mag is such that people are paying $100 for one, then that is what it's worth. There isn't some mystical P-Mag value decided by a higher authority, they're worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

If you have a P-Mag and nobody will pay more than $5 for it, you can't suddenly claim an inalienable right to sell it for $20 because "that's what it's worth", now can you? :D

eldiabloe1
February 26, 2009, 11:19 PM
I used to work down the street from them and used to visit on my lunch breaks. They went from $18 per Pmag to $30 over night when Obama won. The old ownership was actually good to work with. They have been crap for a while now.

wrc376
February 26, 2009, 11:29 PM
what jared said

Fburgtx
February 26, 2009, 11:32 PM
I won't call it "gouging" (seeing as how I'm a capitalist, and all). Would "outrageous" be appropriate??? How about "ridiculous"??

This stuff is still selling for less than $6 at virtually every other place that carries it. For CTD to try and get $17 a box for it is "outrageous".....

(and for them to say that the list price is $26.69 per box (of 20) is what I would call "lying"...)

MatthewVanitas
February 26, 2009, 11:46 PM
I won't call it "gouging" (seeing as how I'm a capitalist, and all). Would "outrageous" be appropriate??? How about "ridiculous"??

Awesome, I can get behind "ridiculous". But hey, if CTD is making a profit off a demographic too dull to spend 15 seconds checking for a better price online, more power to 'em.

DoubleTapDrew
February 27, 2009, 12:14 AM
I didn't realize dirt had gotten so expensive.
If they price everything like that they'll go out of business. Another benefit of capitalism.

Evenflo76
February 27, 2009, 12:22 AM
I have boycotted cheaper than dirt since way before the election. Their prices were never that great to begin with.

GregGry
February 27, 2009, 12:47 AM
I don't get it. With the way people react to prices its almost like someone was torturing them until they finally broke and bought 500$ worth at 200% higher market them walmart. If you don't like the prices don't buy it. Which is exactly what your going to do anyway so I don't understand the point of blowing a gasket over the fact they have high prices. Not to mention it seems to be a hot topic to talk about how walmart/the world is sold out of ammo, and how thats poor customer service that they don't order enough or limit boxes of ammo. Well guess what CTD has ammo, which apparently is something nobody else has.

I know most of us don't live in underground bomb shelters completely separate from the world thats going on, so why is anyone surprised that a product thats in high demand will have increasingly higher prices? If you want something that you don't have to be outraged at over increasing prices maybe rock collecting/stone skipping is more for you.

VegasOPM
February 27, 2009, 12:57 AM
I used to buy a lot of ammo and parts from them. They have become more expensive than other vendors, so I don't buy from them any more. Isn't capitalism neat?:neener:

hadmanysons
February 27, 2009, 01:30 AM
I've always like cheaper than dirt, until Nov 4th. Then I lost a lot of respect for them.

rawhide
February 27, 2009, 01:57 AM
Cheaperthandirt is actually higherthanacatsback.

seale
February 27, 2009, 02:00 AM
I'm not buying ammo until prices come back down to reality. Period. The price increases have caused an increase to the panic. The whole thing is maddening but just relax and stop buying ammo for awhile. Plenty of firearms are still priced decently.

seale
February 27, 2009, 02:05 AM
Enjoy their low LOW price for a thousand rounds :barf::rolleyes:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4169/holyeff.jpg

renegade1alpha
February 27, 2009, 03:57 AM
I bought 1,000 rounds of Wolf 62gr FMJ .223 through Sportsmans guide back in November 2008 and only paid $279 and that included shipping.

I knew buying ammo was going to be an issue with the coronation of King Obama, and all the stringent gun laws that may be passed. That is why I had the forethought to stock up ahead of time.

ACBMWM3
February 27, 2009, 04:16 AM
I just bought it at $5.50 a box locally.

NC-Mike
February 27, 2009, 07:58 AM
I've always like cheaper than dirt, until Nov 4th. Then I lost a lot of respect for them.

Ditto.

I had a long history of ordering stuff from them.

The key word is "had"

Southern Rebel
February 27, 2009, 08:35 AM
Ir doesn't help their image of "cheaper than dirt". I have bought from them since they first opened up. Ditto to the "not anymore". They have a right to charge whatever they want - we have a right to point out that they are a poor choice for us to purchase from.

It's kinda like my wife told me back when we were dating - "If there is gonna be a marriage, it's gonna be good for both of us. Otherwilse, there ain't gonna be no marriage!"

mbt2001
February 27, 2009, 10:36 AM
Well I agree that they have the right to charge what they want. I don't think there prices are good, but I think the insight we can draw from this is that there is MASSIVE demand for guns and ammo new people are coming into the sport and the businesses that support it are flush with cash in a time when many companies are not. This gives us the best chance to resist onslaughts to our 2nd Amendment rights.

Phydeaux642
February 27, 2009, 01:16 PM
So when people charge prices you don't like, it's suddenly gouging?

It has nothing to do with what I like or don't like. Every reasonable retailer is selling it at $4.99-$6.99 a box. What CTD is doing is gouging based on fear in my book. It's gouging when you raise the price of plywood before a hurricane so it must be gouging during Hurricane Obama.

Gunnerpalace
February 27, 2009, 01:26 PM
-51% Savings?

cornman
February 28, 2009, 12:00 AM
Aim just had a sale 2 months ago for $179/1000! What is going on???

lamebums
February 28, 2009, 12:26 AM
Aim just had a sale 2 months ago for $179/1000! What is going on???

I talked to a guy who worked there. He got a truckload of Wolf (1500 cases) and sold them for something like $236. He sold out in ten hours. That's 1.5 million rounds.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf Ammo at Cheaper Than Dirt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!