Montana street gangs

PDA

feedthehogs
February 27, 2009, 01:23 PM
Very tempting...........

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk136/bluffs_2008/ATT00162.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk136/bluffs_2008/ATT00165.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk136/bluffs_2008/ATT00159.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Montana street gangs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wankerjake
February 27, 2009, 01:29 PM
That is awesome

JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone
February 27, 2009, 02:55 PM
I got that email last month.. Showed it to my boys.. They asked how long they'd lose their hunting privlages if they were to shoot one in the front yard like that.

Told them, that from the law.. Prolly about five years and the fines for shooting in a residential area.

Then I told them that I'd probably be in front of the judge right there with them when we all got sentenced!

Na... Just jokin! Beautiful aren't they!

-Steve

Hungry Seagull
February 27, 2009, 02:58 PM
Oh my goodness, I just have to get the mags out and get dinner ready.

I cannot resist the ... must... not... .. must not shoot....

351 WINCHESTER
February 27, 2009, 04:47 PM
I had several chances to shoot a very nice 8 point buck at my sister's place this hunting season. She considers the deer as her pets. She feeds them corn and other treats. Some of the doe's come within a few feet of her, but the buck is still pretty wild. I had him in my crosshairs more than once, but honored her wishes. She doesn't mind me shooting turkeys or coyotes though.

ArmedBear
February 27, 2009, 04:50 PM
Those pictures look fake, they're so close!

Cool to see them like that, even if you can partake of any of their backstraps.:D

1KPerDay
February 27, 2009, 05:03 PM
Get offa my lawn, you hoodlums!!!

Husker1911
February 27, 2009, 07:53 PM
The elk look pretty good, too!

Pilot
February 27, 2009, 07:56 PM
The Elk do this in Estes Park, CO also. They come into residential areas all the time.

Asherdan
February 27, 2009, 08:04 PM
Time to break out the archery gear and canvass the neighbors in advance about following a blood trail onto their property!

MCgunner
February 27, 2009, 08:13 PM
Something tells me my Crossman .177 wouldn't be enough. :D

earlthegoat2
March 1, 2009, 12:07 AM
I hear the gangs are getting bad out there.

WardenWolf
March 1, 2009, 02:44 AM
"I like big BUCKS and I cannot lie. Those other brothers can't deny."

wrc376
March 1, 2009, 02:46 AM
where are their hoodies?

were they packin?

rondog
March 1, 2009, 03:02 AM
Yeah, Estes Park is crawling with 'em. I've seen some really nice elk there. This one was grazing by our rented cabin one year. They're beautiful to watch, but man, keep your distance! The grandson and I got pretty close, but we made sure to stay on the far side of that big flower garden.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/rinselman/vacations/0000706-R1-020-8A.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/rinselman/vacations/0000706-R1-026-11A.jpg

theken206
March 1, 2009, 03:09 AM
WOW at some of those bulls.

and lol I thought this was a serious thread, I was about to say that the nortenos run deep in billings with connections to the bay area

Big Bill
March 1, 2009, 03:27 AM
It's too bad that we've pushed these beautiful animals out of their traditional range so that we can put up more of our cardboard mansions. It's pathetic and just not right. Look at the pictures of these animals closely, for they won't be with us for long,

happybrew
March 1, 2009, 03:48 AM
I've seen plenty of elk tracks in my deer hunting area, but never an elk. OTOH, I've seen large herds on a dairy farm next to a freeway where the hunters can't get them. They are not stupid animals...

About 11 years ago we were at Redwood National Park and a herd of them came right into our campground. Beautiful, majestic animals. I would be thrilled if they came into my neighborhood, but that's not likely to happen.

redneck2
March 1, 2009, 08:22 AM
I'd rather have one in my freezer than on my lawn.

4Freedom
March 1, 2009, 09:22 AM
Whats America coming to when gangs of roving elk come invading your homes. Well in our neck of the woods we get black bear and big elk/deer hanging out side our homes, but they are not so bold to do it in broad daylight like that.

MCgunner
March 1, 2009, 10:06 AM
Well, if I saw one walking down the street in Port Lavaca, I'd call the Victoria zoo and ask 'em what's up.

But, then, they ain't got gators in Montana, so I guess we're even. :D

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
March 1, 2009, 01:58 PM
What the?? :eek:

How stupid are these elk? Wait, no, I guess they are smart -they know they're safe when they're out of the woods and in the neighborhood.

What part of Montana is this?

Fisherman_48768
March 1, 2009, 02:23 PM
How stupid are these elk? Wait, no, I guess they are smart -they know they're safe when they're out of the woods and in the neighborhood.

Of course they are smart, didn't you notice the diversion they posted on the periphery, sure got me distracted.

Javelin
March 1, 2009, 02:29 PM
Nothing like that down here in Texas.

:)

leathermanwave
March 1, 2009, 05:24 PM
What part of Montana is this?

Gardiner, Right outside of Yellowstone park.

kd7nqb
March 2, 2009, 12:02 PM
So I know surprisingly little about animal behavior but, are these Elk safe around kids and such? Do they spook like horses? What is proper etiquette around an elk, other than I assume they always have the right of way.

Mp7
March 2, 2009, 12:16 PM
..awesome.

i remember runnin into a herd of deer in South Carolina once.....
...but that was at night.

I luv the pic, where them mena lawngangers are just "chillin" on the lawn. :cool:

ilbob
March 2, 2009, 12:39 PM
I was driving to my folk's house for Christmas eve dinner a couple years ago. Right in the middle of town I saw three deer standing in a front yard. At first I thought they were fake, but than one of them moved.

No idea where they came from or how they got there as there are no places deer live anywhere near the area I saw them in.

leathermanwave
March 2, 2009, 08:15 PM
So I know surprisingly little about animal behavior but, are these Elk safe around kids and such? Do they spook like horses? What is proper etiquette around an elk, other than I assume they always have the right of way.

Elk generally do not attack. A cow with a calf could be dangerous. Bulls in rut with cows often attack vehicles, do a search on youtube for "elk attacks car" and something should come up. Personally I feel that anything weighing 5 times my size deserves some space.

indoorsoccerfrea
March 2, 2009, 08:26 PM
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=elk+attacks+car&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#q=elk+attack&hl=en&emb=0

3pairs12
March 3, 2009, 11:38 AM
Rough hood there... Some of those bulls are very nice looking. Cool pics.

Dravur
March 3, 2009, 01:04 PM
It's too bad that we've pushed these beautiful animals out of their traditional range so that we can put up more of our cardboard mansions. It's pathetic and just not right. Look at the pictures of these animals closely, for they won't be with us for long,

I am waiting for you to give up your house and your car etc... Awww, I'll bet you want to keep your house... don'tcha? You just have a problem with telling OTHERS how to live their lives... Gotcha

I think the Obama team has room for you.

CoRoMo
March 3, 2009, 02:21 PM
A bow & arrow is deadly silent.

lgbloader
March 3, 2009, 02:34 PM
A bow & arrow is deadly silent.

I was thinking the same thing.

LGB

3pairs12
March 3, 2009, 03:32 PM
"I like big BUCKS and I cannot lie. Those other brothers can't deny."

Now thats funny right there, I don't care who you are.

MDG1976
March 3, 2009, 03:49 PM
The Elk do this in Estes Park, CO also. They come into residential areas all the time.

yeah, I was in Estes park last summer. They wander around like whitetails do suburban St louis county

shaggy430
March 3, 2009, 11:20 PM
My folks live just outside Missoula in a little area called Huson. They had 50 elk in their front yard the other morning when they left for work.

chas08
March 3, 2009, 11:46 PM
I know surprisingly little about animal behavior but, are these Elk safe around kids and such?

Sure the Elk are safe but the Kids aren't. No wild animal/human contact is ever truly safe not even in the most controlled conditions.

Supertac45
March 6, 2009, 07:12 PM
They have been doing that in Estes Park since the 1960's.

GJgo
March 9, 2009, 12:03 AM
So if one wanders into an attached garage and corners the owner, does the Castle Doctrine apply? :D "Honey, make room in the freezer!"

warnerwh
March 9, 2009, 09:59 PM
Elk in rut can be very dangerous. My brother was just telling me the other day when he was once at Yellowstone 4 cars were attacked. This was recent.

Guns and more
March 10, 2009, 11:46 AM
Well, there two things at work here. Everyone who I ever heard say this wanted THEIR house in the woods, then no one else.
Secondly, elk don't pay taxes, so as long as citizens are crying for more government "programs", you'll have more development.

If you enjoyed reading about "Montana street gangs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!