How is the mania in your part of America?

PDA

RevolvingCylinder
February 27, 2009, 05:24 PM
I recently paid about how much an AR10 went for pre-obama on an AR15. I was in SW Asia(Iraq) during the election and found myself unable to locate an AR15 in the configuration I wanted or AR15 parts until I came across this rifle.

I just need the piece of mind that I'm not the only one who's wallet has been lightened more than it needed to be due to today's firearms market.:(

If you enjoyed reading about "How is the mania in your part of America?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
threefeathers
February 27, 2009, 05:26 PM
One of the gunstores in Tucson sold all of the 19 Bushmaster's they got in on Monday. There isn't a Glock to be found.

CoRoMo
February 27, 2009, 05:36 PM
I bought a rifle at a local dealer on Wednesday.
They had a rack full (dozens) of Rock River, Sabre Defense, and S&W, AR15s and people were lined up to get one.
I'd be surprised if any are left at all.

RevolvingCylinder
February 27, 2009, 05:36 PM
It was the fact that the AR15 manufacturers/suppliers were backordered a year or longer is what sold it for me. I just couldn't wait another year. especially since it's unlikely that the prices are going to drop during that time. I bought it thinking of it as an insurance policy. Not necessarily for an upcoming AWB(though I don't doubt one is coming) but for what may be on the horizon. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. I sure hope I'm wrong.

ArmedBear
February 27, 2009, 05:39 PM
all of the 19 Bushmaster's they got in on Monday. There isn't a Glock to be found.

All the black guns that non-shooters have heard of?

si vis pacem
February 27, 2009, 05:41 PM
Supply is slightly better in my area, but many stores that were flush with inventory and variety a year ago have an anemic selection nowadays. The prices are still high, too. One owner said he goes through his inventory every week or so.

I wish the prices would come down, but it's really encouraging to see so many first time buyers - especially ones that really want to learn safety and self defense (without trying to be an "operator").

moooose102
February 27, 2009, 05:42 PM
depends on where you go, but pretty much it is nuts around here as well. especially ammo. you would think we were in a 3rd world war.

CoRoMo
February 27, 2009, 05:53 PM
you would think we were in a 3rd world war.

More like... gearing up for the 2nd civil war, actually.

Karl Hungus
February 27, 2009, 06:04 PM
More like... gearing up for the 2nd civil war, actually.

I think you mean Second American Revolution.

Local store got 14 DPMS AR's in - they were gone in four days.

Eschaton
February 27, 2009, 06:07 PM
Scottsdale Gun Club has had empty shelves for the black guns since christmas.

That's the only store I really go to.

RevolvingCylinder
February 27, 2009, 06:09 PM
Thank you all. It's good to know I'm not the only one. I feel better about my purchase now.

Eschaton
February 27, 2009, 06:10 PM

Shovelhead
February 27, 2009, 06:11 PM
Finding an EBR is only half the battle..........

Supplies of .223 have all but dried up.

:uhoh:

Hungry Seagull
February 27, 2009, 06:17 PM
You should have seen some of the gunshops in my area around the holidays.

Packed to the max and forms everywhere for months.

Even now the selections are kind of wiped out waiting on restock.

Common refrain everywhere. Restocking, back ordered etc.

Yea the United States of America has now experienced a Awakening. ALOT of people are arming up, then find they want ammo to feed the new arrivals.

Karl Hungus
February 27, 2009, 06:21 PM
Never thought I'd consider reloading for my AK.

:uhoh:

sernv99
February 27, 2009, 06:21 PM
no sense in buying an EBR if ammo is hard to find. It does make a good club though:uhoh:

RevolvingCylinder
February 27, 2009, 06:53 PM
Finding an EBR is only half the battle..........

Supplies of .223 have all but dried up.

Good thing I horded a good deal of bullets and brass quite a while ago. They're sitting around waiting to be loaded which reminds me of the fact that I need to upgrade my press soon. I bought a bunch of 62gr M855 bullets while they were still cheap.:)

LightningJoe
February 27, 2009, 08:46 PM
Glad to see guns are selling. More guns in hands of citizens can only be a good thing.

When a guy who owns 10 guns buys another one, that's fine. But when a guy goes from zero to one, that's real dynamite.

Does anybody have a guess on how much of this run on guns is first-time buyers?

Grassman
February 27, 2009, 08:59 PM
Does anybody have a guess on how much of this run on guns is first-time buyers?

I was in Academy the other day and there was an older couple(mid 70's) in there buying a 12 gauge shotgun. The conversation I was overhearing between them and the guy behind the counter, that couple had never touched a gun their whole life. They sounded really scared, and wanted to protect themselves.

Gamera
February 27, 2009, 08:59 PM
I was in my local gun shop a few days ago and it was packed. Most of the people didn't seem interested in "assault" weapons though. The guy next to me was filling out paperwork to purchase a Ruger P93... I resisted the urge to suggest another handgun...

Flash!
February 27, 2009, 09:03 PM
supply seems to be ok here in Texas, but prices are too high.... I paid way too much for a Colt AR 15..... but I had to have it before King Obama bans them..... that has been my only panic purchase....it was one model I wanted and didn't have yet

cindynles
February 27, 2009, 09:04 PM
Well I have personally helped 2 first time buyers get started. My employer actually paid all of its employees a bonus the first week in Feb. I myself bought a Glock 19 (paid $550 and pick it up tomorrow :neener:). Several co-workers expressed interest in getting a first gun, so I spent a couple of lunch hours going shopping (1 person picked up a Mosberg 500 with a collapse able stock, the other Glock 19) . I was happy to help, and we are planning a desert trip once everyone picks up there new toys. The only problem now is finding ammo at a reasonable price :(.

Grassman
February 27, 2009, 09:23 PM
Well I have personally helped 2 first time buyers get started. My employer actually paid all of its employees a bonus the first week in Feb. I myself bought a Glock 19 (paid $550 and pick it up tomorrow )

You bought a gun, and you go pick it up tomorrow? How sad you have to put up with that sh*t in that craphole California.

chuckusaret
February 27, 2009, 09:31 PM
The past gunshow here in West palm Beach Florida was nothing compared to the Dec and Jan shows. The buyers, IMO, are passing up the overpriced assult type weapons and buying shotguns at MSRP and any reasonably priced handguns. I did see a few assult style weapons sold late on Sunday, but at reduced prices. I believe the people that wanted a weapon have bought that one gun and the gun collectors are limiting their buys because of the high prices.
IMO, I believe prices will fall when the order backlog is filled and the overproduction hits the stores. My local dealer has, I believe, to many weapons on order. He has 200 LCP's and about 650 assorted other guns of all calibers, not to mention the rifles and shotguns on order.

gvnwst
February 27, 2009, 09:36 PM
mania, what mania?!?! For example, my wal mart is FULLY stocked with all the stuff they normally carry, hundrads of boxes of .22lr, and a lot of 9mm. .223 they haev never carried much of anyhow, but it is all still there. In bowling green (nearest bigger town, 48k or so) dunhams sports only had single stack AKs, last i checked, but they were suppossed to get another shipment in two days later. Had a ReALLY nice bushy AR-10.

I guess i just live in too a rural area to be effected by it a whole lot...

ironvic
February 27, 2009, 09:41 PM
Around here it's not too bad. You can find ARs, Bushmasters and M&Ps for anywhere from 1300 to 2500 bucks, depending on config. No problem getting pistols & revolvers. Plenty of shotguns in tactical configuration, too. Ammo is getting harder to find, ditto on primers.

Although I always want "1 more gun..." I have enough to get the task done and the ammo will be fine, too (same for the reloading components).

the iron horse
February 27, 2009, 09:47 PM
My wife and I drove by a local gun shop this afternoon on our way to Wal-Mart.

The shop has front windows, we could see inside, and it was crowded.

It looked like the night before Christmas.

c5_nc
February 27, 2009, 09:52 PM
Gun buying has slowed down a lot. AR stripped lowers are shipping within 2 weeks from some manufactors, for as low as $100 again. ARs are stacking up on the shelves in North Carolina. Show last month had hundreds of ARs, the cheapest where $829 Bushmasters with sold pretty well, but there where plenty left. The same vendor had the same ones at both shows. I bought a spare Yugo Underfolder AK from them, for $649. Romanians were $489.

My two local small town dealers both have more than a dozen ARs on the shelves. One stocks mostly DPMS, I did not check prices when I was in this week, its usually just MSRP, which is very reasonable on DPMSs. The other dealer had bushmasters and they were $1149, probably 20 of them.

Another dealer in stat just had $869 Bushmasters and $700 DPMS "Sporticals", another $1049 DPMS version that was nice but don't remember now. I almost bought a $700 sportical, probably should have, called back and they where sold out.

I sold all of my ARs and Mini-14s, prices are too crazy. I would be buying AR stripped lowers and mags right now. If there is a ban, they will be only parts that will go up in price. Other components may all crash in price without demand if there is a ban. Even if there is not a ban we should see huge price drops on those parts. Everyone has ramped up production, if demand falls we could be seeing $499 ARs again, maybe $49 stripped lowers. I don't mind holding AKs now, parts sets are drying up anyways. New production will only increase in price as a AK is more expensive to make than a AR. Its rumored a AR costs a full component maker (like DPMS) roughly $350-400 to produce a entry level AR. I'm going to order some more mags and stripped lowers and sit and wait.

JustinL
February 27, 2009, 09:55 PM
My observations

The gun stores here are full of all products, but prices are much, much higher: 10-30% greater now than what I saw in the fall. They will also no longer negotiate prices on used firearms. What is marked on the tag is what you pay. Period.

One gun store clerk was telling me their biggest sellers are anything in .380 & the SW 642. EBRs come second.

At a local range the rangemaster told me that while their CCW classes have been full, it is their introductory pistol class which has had its attendance skyrocket. In fact, they have had to hire a second instructor.

And that has been my experience.

searcher451
February 27, 2009, 10:17 PM
My local FFL dealer is struggling to keep up. He's a one-man shop and is often too busy to field even a phone call. "Call me later," he says, knowing that he won't get the chance or have the chance to return the call himself. He told me the other day that he wanted to put up a photo of the current occupant of the White House and then write in magic marker under the picture: SALESMAN OF THE YEAR -- but he's been too busy even to do that.

Meanwhile, I just returned from yet another frustrating trip to WallyWorld, looking for 9mm Winchester White Box. For five weeks running, the answer is the same: nothing.

cindynles
February 27, 2009, 10:20 PM
Grassman,

I actually bought it 9 days ago (10 day wait). The peoples republic of ********** is a great place to live if you like guns :cuss:. Not only do I get to wait 10 days to pick it up, I had to take a written test ($30), and when I pick it up I get to go through a "safe handling" demonstration with "dummy" ammo.

On the plus side I feel much better knowing that all of these safety actions are in place.

wasr10owner
February 27, 2009, 10:21 PM
Gun shops around me havent had AR 15`s for a while and I was told by an employee at Cabelas that it will be aleast a 1 year wait for the "black rifles" but now they have about 12 of them on the rack.

Omaha-BeenGlockin
February 27, 2009, 11:46 PM
Pretty much any thing you want here---BUT---you're gonna pay for it.

hadmanysons
February 28, 2009, 12:31 AM
Central Arkansas is looking pretty good. The gun store that I bought my AR from has 10 in stock, couple of AK's, a P-90, few M14's, an M-1 and a CX4 storm.

crazy-mp
February 28, 2009, 12:44 AM
I went to a Gun store just out side K.C. last weekend and they had 4 AR's the cheapest was 800.00 the highest was 950.00. They had a CETME too, I think it was 650.00. The gun shop went from one extreme to the other I saw a S&W model 10 and they wanted 425 for it:eek: But at least I did get 2 boxes of .45 GAP ammo for $30.00:cool: They had plenty of handguns too...

Palo
February 28, 2009, 12:48 AM
I live in Reno, Nevada (a free State, for now anyway) and yes there has been a run but most of the shops still have some EBRs, however magazines for any rifle or pistol over 10 rd.s are a tad low. All military surplus ammo is low too. On business behind the 'Tofu Curtain' (S.F. Bay area / Silicon Valley) last week, the shops I visited were totally out of any Glocks, Colt .45, Kimbers, M-1 Carbines, M-1As, Ruger Mini-14's, sporting semi-autos and most riot type of shotguns. A friend who is selling some G.I. surplus gear at the Cow Palace gun show tomorrow (which is in S.F.) said they expect the largest show attendance in 16 years (last record size attendance was, you guessed it, comrade Clintons 2nd month in office.

Burl
February 28, 2009, 01:30 AM
The only problem I have seen in TX is 380 which is a standard issue lately. 9mm, 40 and 45 have been no problem other than a little higher price lately.

dakotasin
February 28, 2009, 01:41 AM
supplies are a little tight here, but everything is available locally.

spent a good portion of the morning in a couple shops. the same colt ar-15 that has been there for the past month for $1200 was still there... the same smith m&p-15 that has been there for a couple weeks was still there w/ its $999 price tag... the dealer shelves aren't stacked plum full, but everything (except primers) is available. well, and sigs... sigs are awfully tough to get here right now for some reason.

rogerjames
February 28, 2009, 01:52 AM
Local Walmart... ammo shelves empty. Local pawn shop/ffl... best prices in tri-county... 2 phones to the ear, both computers jammed, business is good.

jeff-10
February 28, 2009, 01:55 AM
The past gunshow here in West palm Beach Florida was nothing compared to the Dec and Jan shows.

Yah, in Florida things don't seem as over the top as some of the stuff I read about on the board. Every store I walk into here has a lot of M-4 style ARs for sale. Usually in the $1200-$1600 range depending on make. Also the local Outdoor World still has a lot of ammo its just twice as expensive as it was 2 years ago. I guess we don't get too excited about 'bubbles' in the economy anymore as we are usually gound zero for them.

freebird
February 28, 2009, 02:28 AM
It was crazy here for a while in OK. but things seem to have settled down except for the prices. I have noticed a lot more gun shop commercials on the radio suggesting everyone get their ammo and guns purchases in now. I just wish I would have purchased some more AR's and AK's years ago when I had the money instead of buying so many darn Handguns. Hopefully, I will have time here in the next couple of months....Hopefully!

divemedic
February 28, 2009, 06:15 AM
I think it is slowing a little, but the gun stores are still packed on the weekends. There are more guns on the shelves than there were in January, but the prices are higher than last summer. Wave one is (caused by the Dems taking over the government) about over.

Wave two of the gun frenzy will begin when it hits the news that new gun laws are being proposed.

Wave three will hit when the law is signed, but before it goes into effect.

hdrider2245
February 28, 2009, 06:41 AM
Here is the situation in south Alabama[Dothan]. wallyworld has been out of almost all handgun ammo for weeks.no 9mm or .45,no .380 no .22cal. my local gun dealer has quit giving me a discount on any guns. before, i always got a discount because me and my sons have bought a lot of guns from them in the past 2 years.Not now .i recently bought two pistols on the same day and still paid their marked price.i bought a ruger p-95 in december. it was their last one and they still have not replaced it, backordered they say.mc

gruesomenewsom
February 28, 2009, 09:05 AM
no .45 acp in connecticut. I'm getting my reloading equipment in today. Rumor has it (and i do mean rumor-not gospel) that theres stuff in the works to ban reloading in CT. Oh well they want my press they can come and get it:evil:

Redneck with a 40
February 28, 2009, 10:01 AM
My dad snagged the only FN-AR that Sportsmans Warehouse had, on Tuesday, for $1500, pretty much the going rate. The guy at the counter told my dad that this one had just come in on the truck that morning, guy behind my dad was drooling, he knew it was gone if he didn't buy it, so he did. This thing is sweet, we've got a Weaver scope coming in for it on March 3rd, we'll be shooting it next weekend.:D

Hungry Seagull
February 28, 2009, 10:18 AM
Things seem to be calming down a little. But I would say these are the good times to be in the gun shop business... or is it?

When I collected some more stuff recently the 4473's were still flying, but not as thick.

However, I have a feeling that unemployment and tax refunds have taken hold and when this washes out with the tide to sea it's all that until the next Stimulus check.

RazorbackPete
February 28, 2009, 02:43 PM
I went to 3 Wal Marts and 2 big box sporting goods stores today, NO .40 ammo. The .38 ammo was selling for twice the Dec. '08 price. I'm just lucky that I kept all my brass to give my buddy. I sure hope he doesnt mind reloading 2-300 rounds for a brother...

WTH is GOING on?!!

Texpatriate
March 1, 2009, 11:10 PM
I'm pleased to report that the Saint Louis Cabelas had full stock of Bushmasters, Hi-points, Ruger Minis, and lots of other stuff that would make Sarah Brady blush yesterday, and a whole bunch of people waiting in line to get them. It was mid-afternoon and they still looked to have a pretty good stock of black rifles in spite of the huge crowd. I was just looking for a holster and wanted to try it in the gun it was for, so I had to get a number. The silly thing is I had the gun in my pocket, but I didn't dare pull it out to try it out.

Anyway, I ended up waiting at least 45 minutes, maybe a full hour until they called my number. It was like the perfect storm. Big sale + Saturday afternoon after Eric Holder shoots his mouth off + black rifles and ammo in stock = busy day at Cabelas. The only thing that could have made it worse was if it had been the day before deer season too.

They also had a whole truckload of 5.56/.223 in stock and a respectable stock of 7.62x39. So, the good news is, black rifles and the ammo for them appear to be coming back in stock finally. It was literally the most AR's and 5.56/.223 ammo I have seen in one place since before the election. Bad news (in some respects) is that demand seems to still be quite high (which is a good thing in other respects).

Cannonball888
March 2, 2009, 10:25 AM
Walmart's ammo shelves are bare, and $350 ugly-arse WASRs are going for $600 at the gun shops. :uhoh:

DHJenkins
March 2, 2009, 10:41 AM
Plenty of guns down here, just short on pistol ammo. I went to Academy yesterday, and they were down to about 400rds of .22LR (all brands combined) and I got their last 3 boxes of Blazer 9mm...

SJ1
March 2, 2009, 10:52 AM
Walmart near me has almost no ammo on the shelves. Closest gun shop can't keep things in stock. Range is crowded almost all the time; lots of new people coming in every day. Range has new employees, and is offering more classes.

runrabbitrun
March 2, 2009, 11:36 AM
I got lucky (I think)
and purchased a nice SKS tricked out a bit with a folding stock
about a month ago for under 300.00 out the door (including ammo).
My son and I went out with the intent to purchase one (to trick it out ourselves)
and last time we were looking, standard beat up AK's and SKS's were running about 150.00 or so.
This time, one of the dealers in our area
(that we purchased a weapon from previously)
had all these guns priced three times higher than just a few months before.

The 'lucky' part of this is we left and went down the road
to another dealer, as it was one the way to another destination.
We walked in and there it was, sitting there, (not even priced yet or in the rack)
just cleaned up as the gun smith brought it in to 'sell'.
(The wife made him get rid of some of his stash, so we were told.) lol

Weapon fires fine with only one FTF out of 120 rounds shot
from the new Tapco 20 round mags.
It hit the home made silhouette targets we set up, so that was good.
Our intent at the range that time, was to just throw rounds down range
to familiarize ourselves with the weapon.
Next visit will be to properly sight the thing in and if all goes well,
I may purchase a rail system to dress it up just a little.
At least a laser, possibly a scope and light?

All in all, I'm very happy with it as is.
It will go bang and hit what we are aiming at, right now.

But to the point.
Yes, people are stocking up
and hunkering down it seems. :)

RP88
March 2, 2009, 02:39 PM
handguns of all makes are common and still normally priced.

But...

DPMS ARs go for 1,050 bucks
M1As go for 2200
WASR-10 AK's go for 550
most AR brands are sold out
stripped lowers have been gone for two months
AR parts dried up a month ago
no more 30-rd mags available

Sgt.Sausage
March 2, 2009, 09:17 PM
Dad asked me to check on AKs while I was at the range today (it's a gun store and a shooting range). Funny. He's a "cowboy gun" kinda guy -- him asking about an AK is ... well ... it's downright ridiculous. I picked up a cheap Romanian WASR 'bout 2 years back from this place for $350. Tax a few extra mags and some doo-dads brought that to $409. A bit less than 2 years ago (and I probably overpaid back then <grin>). Today, the guy behind the counter looked at me with a straight face and said: Eight Fitty. As in $850.00. Holy cow, Batman, too bad I didn't have the money to pick up about 500 of 'em back then. I'd have more than doubled my money in under 2 years.

Ammo -- shelves are bare. Everywhere. Wally-world, Dicks, Bass Pro. Even the Mom & Pop stores -- all of 'em are empty of *any* handgun and all "evil black rifle" ammo.

lionking
March 2, 2009, 11:29 PM
Why would there be mania over Glocks?A ban if it happens would be on the mags not the Glock itself or has a Glock handgun now been turned into a "assault weapon"?

bennadatto
March 3, 2009, 12:16 PM
In North GA the local Wal-Mart almost always is out of most common ammo. I can't remember the last time I saw 9mm in there.

Local gunshop is so busy and crowded on the weekends you can't pass through the aisles, never mind getting the attention of an employee to help you. I'm glad they're doing such good business though!

runrabbitrun
March 3, 2009, 12:30 PM
handguns of all makes are common and still normally priced.

That's what I've seen too.
It's the AR types that are way up there in price now. :(
I've always wanted an AR 15, but never had the money.
I remember back in the 80's I worked for a guy for a short time in a
fishing/hunting store. (Les Wills in Ft. Lauderdale Fla.)

Cool AR's all around me and the prices were about $350-$500 or so,
depending on the model, etc...
Should of purchased one then.

Now I want another 9mm semi handgun, but don't want to have to
register it with the County Sheriff's office.
Not because I'm not legally allowed to own one,
(I am)...
I just hate the idea that my name would be on a 'list'
that if SHTF, I may have the sheriff wanting to confiscate our guns.
Ain't gonna happen, so I'd rather fly under the radar and NOT be on any list.

My last 9mm purchase (Browning High Power, made in Belgium)
was off a private owner in Arizona, so no official 'record' of the purchase is out there.
At this point IF gun confiscation was to come about,
I guess the only thing that may be on some 'list' would be an old POS 25 auto
and a 22 long.
I guess I'd give them up and wave good by, sitting on my SKS and 9mm. :rolleyes:

CoRoMo
March 3, 2009, 01:20 PM
Still quite manic.
Ammo, black rifles, hi-cap pistols... it's all selling with unbelievable speed.

twolf811
March 3, 2009, 06:40 PM
There seems to be little or no mania in the frozen prairies of southern minnesota. Just that ammo costs about double from two years ago.

HOME DEPOT GEORGE
March 3, 2009, 06:46 PM
Prices are a little higher here but there doesn't seem to be a shortage on anything.

sniper5
March 3, 2009, 06:53 PM
Well, living in the PRK-a model for the post Obama utopia and home to our mutual friends Feinstein, Pelosi, Boxer, and Peralta just to name a few heroes-I obviously haven't seen any rush for evil black assault bullet hoses. HOWEVER, a LOT of the more popular semi autos, both rifle and pistol, are back ordered or currently unavailable. And ammo availability is hit and miss. I can usually find what I want, but I occasionally have to hit more than a couple of places to get it.

John Wayne
March 3, 2009, 07:04 PM
I think you mean Second American Revolution.

I think you mean third American Revolution :D

Around here, prices are extremely inflated. The local Wal-Marts stay sold out of everything but 12 gauge slugs and .22 mag. I have been holding off on another purchase for a while as I refuse to pay the outrageous prices--if they go down or I find a deal, that's fine; if not I have enough to get by.

I am trying to persuade my girlfriend to buy her first gun (she enjoys shooting most of mine) and I'm hoping the prices don't make this impossible.

searcher451
March 3, 2009, 07:50 PM
I just paid yet another visit to the local WallyWorld on an ammo check; I've been trying to get some 9mm Winchester White Box for weeks now with no luck. Once again the shelves were empty. This is what the clerk said this time around: "Got 22 cases of ammo in last night. It was gone in two hours. People were buying it by the case." He pointed at the two boxes of Winchester .40S&W on the shelf and said, "I'm surprised those are still there." They weren't for long.

For gawd's sake, people, knock it off. :)

VegasOPM
March 3, 2009, 11:14 PM
It got worse after the AG made that statement about reinstating the AWB. It is killing me. I shoot competitively every weekend and everything is getting tougher to find. 1,000 rounds will get me through 2 weeks if I am lucky. 12 ga shotgun slugs were sold out.:confused: #7.5 shot was all gone. I did find some .223 on the shelf- but I don't need the ammo- just primers. They are gone! Heck, even .223 dies are gone!

Oddly though, I have been able to get a stripped AR lower for $130 and 10 P-mags for $15 ea in the last month. I'm not really stocking up either; the lower is for another AR project, and I always buy mags in 10's.

There was nothing close to this even when the AWB of '94 went through.
:what:

If you enjoyed reading about "How is the mania in your part of America?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!