2 10/22 questions...

PDA

BsChoy
February 27, 2009, 07:20 PM
What are the new rifle prices in your area's?? The basic stain/syn one and the blue and laminated one with sling swivels are going for 289.00 here. Seems steep to me.

The 2nd question: Does anyone know of a sling that you can use with a 10/22 that doesn't require you to drill into the stock? Kinda like the Blackhawk 3 point I have on my 20" AR that cradles the stock at rear and wraps around the front or a similar design?

If you enjoyed reading about "2 10/22 questions..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Geneseo1911
February 27, 2009, 07:29 PM
bs - just saw one in the shop this afternoon for $239. It looked brand new, but to be honest I don't remember if the tag said new or used. I will also say that it was kinda ugly. It had the same blued carbine length barrel and wood as mine, but the receiver had some kind of rough black paint; it almost looked like what I'd call "crinkle coat".

trekgod3
February 28, 2009, 08:55 AM
Gander Mountain NIB 10/22RR $199.00

CB900F
February 28, 2009, 11:17 AM
BsChoy;

I do believe I saw a plain-Jane wood/blue one on the rack at $200.00 the other day. That's in Great Falls Montana.

If you don't want to drill the Ruger stock, get a Hogue which has the swivel studs already in it. They don't cost much, like $60.00, & many people prefer them to the basic Ruger stock. Then your Ruger stock remains 'new' & boosts resale if you ever feel the need to part ways with your 10/22.

Another nice thing about that is that it allows you to go to the 1.25" sling, which I feel is clearly superior to the 1" slings.

900F

22-rimfire
February 28, 2009, 12:45 PM
If you are worried about not doing a good job or making a mistake drilling for the swivels, then take it to a gunsmith and let them do it. I wouldn't concern myself with resale. It's a basic 10/22. Not a colllectors item. Shoot the heck out of it and enjoy it!!!

pgeleven
February 28, 2009, 01:03 PM
$200-$225, up in northern michigan, depending on which way the wind is blowing.

there are numerous aftermarket stocks with sling swivels or other options so you wont have to worry about drilling and whatnot. theyre not all that expensive

95 Turbo Coupe
February 28, 2009, 01:35 PM
193.93 at walmart sw ohio.

hometheaterman
February 28, 2009, 01:50 PM
I think Wal-Mart was $197 or something last time I looked hear. A friend just bought one not too long ago. That's for the basic wood/blued version.

A gun shop had a fully camo one I really like and almost bought. I think it was $260. I couldn't convince myself to buy it since I had one in wood already. They also had one in wood I think was like $220 or $230 or something. I went back the next week and both were sold.

If you enjoyed reading about "2 10/22 questions..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!