where can I find lett grips?

PDA

Revolver Ocelot
February 28, 2009, 02:25 PM
I'm looking for someone that manufacturers solid wood lett grips, the same style as on the gp100 3".

I can't seem to find the original site so I am unsure if he is still in buisness or not, if he isn't is there a custom grip manufacturer that can?

If you enjoyed reading about "where can I find lett grips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mainmech48
March 1, 2009, 10:41 AM
Can't tell you for sure, but the last time I saw the name offered was in a Midway USA catalog a year or so back. IIWY, that's where I'd check first, followed by Brownell's.

A call to either would probably get you the definitive word on whether they're still in business or not.

S&W-Keeper
March 1, 2009, 12:58 PM
I read that they went out of business several years ago.

BikerRN
March 1, 2009, 12:59 PM
Lett is out of business the last I heard.

It's really sad too, because they made the best feeling, to me anyway, rubber stocks for a revolver.

BikerRN

owlhoot
March 2, 2009, 02:15 AM
Lett had the Ruger contract for grips. When Ruger went from wood to plastic grips with the advent of the new model Vaquero, Lett went out of business.

You should be able to get wood grips for the GP100 from Eagle Grips and you can probably find original Lett grips on eBay.

Revolver Ocelot
March 2, 2009, 10:01 AM
so essentially ruger put him out of business? thats a damn shame, those had to have been the best feeling grips I've owned thus far.

Hank Dodge
March 16, 2010, 02:11 AM
If anybody can find a source for those GP100 Lett grips, I'd like a set as well.

Is anbody out there making something compairable. I need to find a wood grip for this gun, the rubber won't work for me.

Al LaVodka
March 16, 2010, 09:12 PM
I understand the Lett family, as OBNOXIOUS a company to do business with due to their Ruger monopoly as it had ever been my displeasure to deal with, ended for many reasons not the least of which (again as I understand it) was that they were ultimately making Ruger look bad to its customers who were SENT to Lett and were uncooperative with the "parent" themselves.

Shoulda happened sooner IMO.

Al

DPris
March 17, 2010, 12:33 AM
Somebody has this backwards. Ruger did not "force" Lett out of business, and Lett did not go out of business because Ruger switched from wood to plastic.

Ruger had to switch because Lett closed shop. Not the other way around.

Denis

Quoheleth
March 17, 2010, 07:39 AM
I heard Lett retired. In fact, I believe I heard that here on THR.

Q

If you enjoyed reading about "where can I find lett grips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!