DVD: Forever Armed

PDA

JN01
February 28, 2009, 05:30 PM
Has anyone seen this Michael Janich video (Forever Armed) on improvised weapons?

http://www.staysafemedia.com/product.php?proid=76

Looks interesting, just wondering if it's worth $40.

If you enjoyed reading about "DVD: Forever Armed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
March 1, 2009, 12:36 AM
Yes

Yes it is.

OR you could spend a few hours reading SM's posts or PMing him. Steve's every bit as knowledgeable as Michael.

JN01
March 1, 2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks. Perhaps I'll do both.

sm
March 1, 2009, 07:53 PM
*humbled*

hso,
I appreciate the kind words my friend.

JN01, everyone,

I like what I saw in viewing the video sample with the link provided in original post.

Except, I was taught to NOT hold a glass bottle that way. That said, I can understand the video showing the glass bottle that way, as that is what most folks "think" or maybe have taken from TV and Movies. So a BG might very well hold a bottle that way, and knowing how to defend, and what will happen if a BG makes a hit with that bottle, "may" work greatly to your advantage in stopping the situation more quickly.

Yes, I have rec'd some PMs due to hso's comments.
Gee folks, I am not that big of a deal, still I do appreciate your kind words.
hso, JShirley and others are more qualified than I to comment.

I would like to view this DVD at some point. My reasons are , based on the video sample , the video was done very well, and kept simple.

My thoughts run to sharing this with Students in all levels of education, including College.
Other groups of persons, young or old, from those in the workplace, to Sunday School classes, to bowling league to quilting bees to...etc.

Personally, I like the old old black and while Military movies, or reels. Just the quality of the movies, and having access to these are difficult.

Re: Skillet.
Seeing and hearing what was shared about the skillet in the video really made me feel great, and gave me a big grin.
I was wittle brat in the 50's when the skillet was shared with me.

My thinking runs to folks having one of these DVDs , and sharing with others. Part of the Software not Hardware, and Mindset, Skillset "then" Toolset ideology many around here, including myself believe in.

Tip: I prefer cast iron skillets, most used is a 8" one.
I have my reasons.

The reality is if one has arthritis, or is getting over a injury or surgery a lighter weight skillet is easier to deal with.
Make sure the handle is good.
Cast iron does not present a problem with handles (there is one "clew").

For practice, keeping those non-stick skillets around after the non-stick finish has become scratched and to where you cannot use the skillet for cooking comes in handy.

Then again, nobody says you can't keep "that old thang" in the kitchen, garage, shop...
...and vehicle to "remind that teenage daughter to pick up another one" since she is going to be out and about.

Best-

s

JShirley
March 1, 2009, 08:05 PM
In a nutshell, there are only so many weapon types.

You have sharps, flexibles, sticks, and projectiles. Once you know how to use one type of defensive tool, that knowledge can be used on anything of similar shape or capable of being used in a similar way.

And we are surrounded every day by items that can be used to protect ourselves, if need be.

John

sm
March 1, 2009, 08:28 PM
John,

Well put.

While I understand this is a gun forum, the problem is everyone defaults to "gun" for every defensive situation.

The reality is, there are many folks under legal age to carry a firearm, we have NPE (non permissive [weapon] environments0 and restrictions based on demographics and legislation.

WE are surrounded by ways to stay safe, the sad reality is , so many have default to gun as the only tool in the toolbox. By doing so, they have seriously handicapped themselves.

Use Enough Software

If you enjoyed reading about "DVD: Forever Armed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!