No Serial # ?

PDA

Sauer Grapes
February 28, 2009, 08:30 PM
Have what must be an old Remington Mod 572 22 cal. pump I also have a newer one with {early 70's make} with sn # on the receiver. I can't find s.n.# on the older one. Am I missing something?

If you enjoyed reading about "No Serial # ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jim in Anchorage
February 28, 2009, 08:51 PM
No SNs required pre 1968

22lr
February 28, 2009, 09:29 PM
Ive got an old Mossberg shotgun that was made pre-serial number days (1955). I think its a great conversion starter.

SaxonPig
February 28, 2009, 10:01 PM
Jim is correct. Prior to the Gun Control Act of 1968 (before they hid gun control laws behind deceptive names like "Child Safety Act") serials were not required and some lower priced guns didn't have one. I had a Remington Model 581 that I bought new in 1967 and it had no serial.

jim in Anchorage
March 1, 2009, 12:09 AM
I like the "child safely act" remark. Next it will be the"abused woman and children" act.I hate to bring on a curse,but what ever happened to Sarah Brady? Heaven forbid she Had to get a job.

If you enjoyed reading about "No Serial # ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!