safari arms

PDA

shiftyer1
February 28, 2009, 07:36 PM
Well I finally found a 1911. Is anyone familar with Safari arms?

If you enjoyed reading about "safari arms" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rklessdriver
February 28, 2009, 09:43 PM
They made some very nice 1911's. Every one I have ever seen was top notch on the fit and finish.

They didn't sell real well thou - I think people never liked the finger grips, hooked trigger guards and big slide serations.
Will

bernie
February 28, 2009, 10:48 PM
When I was a kid I saw an ad that used to run for Safari Arms for a smaller, perhaps commander sized, .45 called the "Enforcer." Since that time I wanted one. I would still probably buy one if I stumbled across one at the right price! However, I know nothing about them except that the ad looked cool!

Big Daddy Grim
February 28, 2009, 10:54 PM
I bought the safari arms compact 1911 thing jamed unless I used specific ammo. It did shoot pretty good but the ammo thing was a killer for me. I don't shoot crap but it liked either Winchester or federal .45 and absolutely no hollow or it was a jam O' Matic I traded it for a Colt Defender and never looked back I've got 10,000 plus through my old Colt.

shiftyer1
February 28, 2009, 11:07 PM
I have yet to fire it, I went to 4 walmarts and found zero ammo in any handgun caliber. It does fit my hand well and the finger cut out is what sold me on it. I hope it turns out to be a good purchase especially since i've been lookin for the right 1911 for a looooong time.

Gunfighter123
March 1, 2009, 01:39 AM
I had a 5" one back in the mid-80s , it was a GREAT gun and I wish I never traded it.

A few weeks ago , I seen a new one at the local toy store --- had a nice trigger pull and the slide to frame fit was like it was glideing on ball bearings.

Quiet
March 1, 2009, 06:23 PM
Safari Arms is owned/operated by Olympic Arms and it is their 1911 brand name.

shiftyer1
March 1, 2009, 09:29 PM
I finally got to try it out today. I have zero experience with 45's of any type, it is truely a joy to shoot and from what I can tell it's very accurate. Now I just need practice.

If you enjoyed reading about "safari arms" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!