can a cz-75 take a cz-85 ambi safety?

PDA

mrming
February 28, 2009, 09:13 PM
Hey all;

Stupid question. I have a cz-75 located locally thats at a good price. But, I'm a lefty. Looking at the part schematic i can tell the safety can't be swapped to the other side. However, I'm not spotting much difference on the cz-85's safety.. which is a ambidextrous one.

so, is it possible?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "can a cz-75 take a cz-85 ambi safety?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DZL HOG
February 28, 2009, 10:03 PM
I would say something could be worked out. The CZ 75 SS model has an ambi safety from the factory.

But, Im no gunsmith. lol

1SOW
February 28, 2009, 10:38 PM
Been to 'Decherd' or 'Alto' lately? As a boy, I shot rabbit and squirrel in Alto.

75B? :I'm trying to remember from when I did my trigger job, but I don't think it will.

The best thing to do is
1. Email the CZcustomshop, and they will tell you in a heartbeat.
2. Ask on czforum.com and they can tell you too.

P.S. They said I can't swap sides with the mag release

The Lone Haranguer
February 28, 2009, 10:40 PM
IMO the right side of the frame would have to be machined for the safety to go through. If anyone knows, it would be Angus at CZ Custom. (http://czcustom.com) It might be less troublesome to locate a model already so equipped. I've seen stainless 75s with ambi safeties.

schmeky
February 28, 2009, 11:40 PM
I'm pretty sure this is a no-go. The spring-loaded "anvil" that secures the left side manual safety would have to be machined into the right hand side of the frame. No small task.

You would need 2 holes on the right side of the frame, one drilled through for the manual safety, the other a blind hole for the right hand limit pin under the safety itself. This would take an end-mill to accomplish.

Not worth it IMHO.

burningsquirrels
March 1, 2009, 02:17 AM
no. there is no hole on the right hand side of the frame for the pass-through, or associated pieces.

get an ambi model 85.

buttrap
March 1, 2009, 05:52 AM
Or just get a 75 in .40 as they have the ambi controls too.

mrming
March 2, 2009, 08:06 AM
Thanks all, thats what I needed to know.

railroader
March 2, 2009, 09:00 AM
The 75b single action only are are ambi too. Mark

If you enjoyed reading about "can a cz-75 take a cz-85 ambi safety?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!