PTR-91 How easy to change foregrip

PDA

Newton
March 1, 2009, 01:25 AM
I like the PTR-91 but I really don't like those skinny aluminum foregrips.

I see that original HK91 wide plastic foregrips are available, but question is do they fit the PTR-91 and how much smithing is involved.

Any info appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "PTR-91 How easy to change foregrip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nalioth
March 1, 2009, 02:03 AM
They should fit.

A pin is the only thing holding it on (it's up at the front top of the hand guard).

Destructo6
March 1, 2009, 02:05 AM
If you have the PTR91k, you will probably need the HK33/HK93 length forearm.

Otherwise, it should take about 10 seconds to install a HK forearm (not sure about removing the PTR version, as I've never really looked at it).

nalioth
March 1, 2009, 02:29 AM
(not sure about removing the PTR version, as I've never really looked at it) The PTR-91 rifle is a 100% G3/HK91 pattern rifle.

You should look into them, they're nice rifles.

Storm
March 1, 2009, 11:03 AM
If you have the PTR91k, you will probably need the HK33/HK93 length forearm.

This is true. My 91K wears a 93 forearm. The fit is a bit tighter up at the pin and you will probably need to remove just a bit of the forearm material where the forearm fits up against the magwell. Go slowly with a Dremel or file and you should be good in ten minutes. It's an easy alteration.

Destructo6
March 2, 2009, 02:28 AM
I'm familiar with the PTRs, but wasn't sure whether their rail forearm was held in place with a standard HK pushpin or a screw or something else altogether.

The PTRs are built on the former Portuguese FMP tooling.

If you enjoyed reading about "PTR-91 How easy to change foregrip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!