Any Deals Right Now on an AR Hunting Scope?

PDA

Nalapombu
March 1, 2009, 06:01 AM
Hey all,

My shooting and hunting buddy just got an AR for Coyote hunting. He asked me to help him find a nice scope for it. He is looking for a variable power up to maybe 9X or 10X or so. I know he doesn't want to go over $250.

Just a couple off the top of my head I wanted to get your thoughts on are Mueller and the Cabelas branded scopes. I have read lots of positive reviews on the Mueller scopes and also have seen several on the Cabelas. I have never personally handled either one of the brands though.

I haven't been paying much attention lately to any of the sales and deals that are out there on glass. So if you all could give me some recommendations for a decent or good scope to sit atop a flat top AR for Coyote hunting, I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time and help.

BD

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Deals Right Now on an AR Hunting Scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JDGray
March 1, 2009, 07:51 AM
Just bought a Leupold VX1 3-9x40 off this guy for $189, best listed price I've found, short of going through an ffl friend of mine and getting his cost. Fast shipping, and items are listed by cost, just scroll down to your price range and pick one out:)

http://stores.ebay.com/Jays-Hunting-and-Fishing-Supply_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZQ2d33QQftidZ2QQtZkm
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LEUPOLD-VX-I-RIFLE-SCOPE-3-9x40-MATTE-DUPLEX-56600_W0QQitemZ310125801200QQihZ021QQcategoryZ31714QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

JWarren
March 1, 2009, 08:43 AM
I'd go with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40. You can pick one up at Wal-Mart for about $150.

I've been very impressed with the light transmission-- close to that of my Leupold Mark 4 (VX-III lenses). Thusfar the ones that I put on my father's 30-06, my mother's .243, and my nephew's .243 have held zero very good. They've seemed durable enough.

I figure that it is the best deal going in this price range of optics.

I plan on putting that one on my 10/22 eventually, and both my father and I are going to put the Nikon 2-7x33 Prostaff Shotgun scopes on our H&R .45-70 Handi-Rifles. The shotgun optic has a tad more eye relief and the parallex is set at 75 yards instead of 100.

Just something to consider.

-- John

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Deals Right Now on an AR Hunting Scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!