S & K or B Square scope mount?

PDA

mickeydim468
March 1, 2009, 06:59 AM
I want to get a non- gunsmith scope mount for my 1917 and my No. 4 MK2. I know they are probably not interchangeable so I will have to get 2, which company makes the better mount for keeping zero? I have the glass for both already with weaver style rings but can change to S&K's rings easy enough.

Your thoughts are appreciated as well as experiences with each, and best place to buy said mount.

Thanks,

Mikey!

If you enjoyed reading about "S & K or B Square scope mount?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
madcratebuilder
March 1, 2009, 09:50 AM
You well need two mounts. On the 4/1 both the S&K and the B-screwed are similar. The S&K rear mounts inside the frame the B-Square is outside the frame, both use a wedge at the charger bridge. I have a S&K on a 4/1 and it is rock stable. I have read both good and bad about both. I think there is enough variation in the receivers that some times you have fitment issues.
I have a 5/1 and a 4/2 that I want to scope, I'm going with the S&K.
I see quite a few used and new/used mounts on evil bay.

mickeydim468
March 1, 2009, 09:32 PM
Anyone else??? Some experiences with both types would be great!

Thanks,

Mikey!

351 WINCHESTER
March 1, 2009, 11:19 PM
SK for your no4. Rock solid for sure. Mine cost $65. from Brownells last year. Hunted with it all last season and shot it a bunch.

Topkick
March 1, 2009, 11:36 PM
S&K all the way. I have a P-14 and a M17 S&K mounts fit tight and "solid" no movement, I also have one on a #4-Mk2, outstanding mounts!!!!!!!

mickeydim468
March 2, 2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks guys... Now where is the best/cheapest place to get them? I have had a hard time finding them on the usual places... Brownells, Midway ETC so your help is appreciated. I hate to have to pay retail since I have to get 2 of them.

If you enjoyed reading about "S & K or B Square scope mount?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!